It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for unregistered ammunition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Link

This guy was arrested for carrying a sword, unregistered firearms and ammunition after asking for directions. I thought I was fairly up to date on the gun laws but what exactly is unregistered ammunition? also I didn;t know that any firearm had to be registered. It's one thing if you are viloating cancelled carry laws but since when are we obligated to register our firearms much less our ammunition?

Me thinks that this story is tainted into making people think that in order to own a firearm it must be registered. This has an effect on those that choose not to own firearms becasue they don't want to deal with the hassle of registration.

Correct me if I am wrong about the law.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by photobug]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by photobug]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

Not sure what's up but the link is not working.

Second line.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There is no such thing as unregistered ammo. Theres supposedly a bill that would require ammo registration...which is stupid. I think he was arrested for the firearms charges and the ammo thing is just either a lie from the source or they want to spark controversy...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Fixed the link sorry about that
and this line make it a non one liner

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My other thought regarding this incident is it is another step towards gun control. The media blatantly not knowing what they are talking about since there are no laws regarding the registration of firearms,ammunition nor swords. This is perfectly legal . Heck I do it all the time, well except for the sword of course but know I am going to go out and get one and carry it around in my truck.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Link didnt work or maybe its my computer because it sucks, but here in Maryland handguns have to be registered. Rifles, shot guns and ammo dont.Hopefully that wont change. One question I was thinking about... why would this guy be walking around with all of those weapons asking for directions? If some guy with a sword came up to me asking for directions I would run. It's kind of odd to me.

new topics

top topics

join