It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Deserters No Longer Find Solace in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

U.S. Military Deserters No Longer Find Solace in Canada

www.browardpalmbeach.com

Yet two years ago, she was a private in the War on Terror, guarding a gate with an M4 rifle and frisking Iraqi civilians at a base in eastern Baghdad.

"I was fighting your kind for killing my kind," she begins, reading a poem she wrote last summer and dedicated to the people of Iraq. "I was fighting for your liberty; I was fighting for peace." She pauses and takes a deep breath. "But in reality, I was fighting to destroy everything you know and love."

rates have nearly doubled, rising fro
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Harsh Memories Haunt a Missouri War Resister

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's a great article if you read it.

I find it interesting how despite a falling economy there are more deserters.

Although i'm sure that with a purposely initiated global meltdown there will be more and more recruits, once they go abroad perhaps there will be more and more people deserting.
We can only hope.

I say we can only hope because... well let's take that pupils not knowing about concentration camps thread on this page, in that thread someone posted info that national geographic released about students barely knowing anything about anything. That report was in 2006, i'm sure that ratio has dramatically increased by now.

So if these people aren't the brightest tools in the box then how well can they judge right from wrong?

www.browardpalmbeach.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join