It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harsh Memories Haunt a Missouri War Resister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Harsh Memories Haunt a Missouri War Resister

www.riverfronttimes.com

Joshua Randall, a 21-year-old Branson native, calmly recounts most of his four months as a U.S. Army medic in Iraq

Sometimes, he says, in the middle of the night, his unit would enter a village where an improvised explosive device had recently exploded. They'd round up all the males over age twelve and take them to the detainee center at FOB McHenry. "If I were in their shoes," he says, "I would have nothing but hate for the Americans."

"I came to the conclusion that my government had been lying to me for all these years, and I didn't know," he say
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is an interesting article and below is his website
www.londonresisters.ca...

People refusing to fight an unjust war is what ended the vietnam war. Here comes another hero, and of course Canada is here to help him out, check out his website for updates.

I know there are alot of people here who are against defectors but here's his reply:

To those back in Missouri who might be angry at him, he says, "Two years ago, I'd have been the first one to say, Put him up on the firewall! But having seen what really goes on there, and open to the information I have been, I'd basically say, Don't take everything that you hear and see for granted. Go and research it." Or, he suggests, "Ask a soldier what he honestly thinks."

there's still alot of work to do, there's still people saying support the troops. That's like saying I hate the mob but I support the goonies. Soldiers aren't goonies, they think what they are doing is right, but what will supporting their "thinking" do?

How can our world change when there's still so many people supporting corruption? And when you are against this corruption they call you anti-american?
That's a slave mentality and nothing else.

It's time for a change!

www.riverfronttimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sometimes, he says, in the middle of the night, his unit would enter a village where an improvised explosive device had recently exploded. They'd round up all the males over age twelve and take them to the detainee center at FOB McHenry. "If I were in their shoes," he says, "I would have nothing but hate for the Americans."

This fact completely escapes some people's thought processes.

They think that somehow, Just because they are American, or 'Allied' they are in the right, their government is good and holy, while completely neglecting the fact that it could have been them who is being targeted by Chinese or Russian 'Liberators' rounding up young American men of fighting age.

God forbid that day ever comes

join