It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obama be impeached for sheer incompetence?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

I totally agree with you, there are no grounds for impeachment. President Obama took over the worst scenario ever, which was yes, caused by Bush. I just disagree and don't believe he had any racial attentions with his thread. I do believe that our current president if given more the 50 days can correct the mistakes made by the last administration.

No it was not CAUSED by Bush. It has been a long time in the making. Way too many laws passed by BOTH parties and very little production (making things). The free trade agreements just finished us off by exporting the last of our manufacturing to other countries. Obama is just another puppet. When everything collapses he will be left holding the bag. There are tons of WTO/UN laws being passed as rapidly as possible. This will finish the conversion from a free country to a Feudal territory of the Corporate/Banking elite.

I imagine whether or not we are allowed to retain the illusion of being a "free Country" will depend on whether US citizens try to retain their rights. As I said before Clinton sold us out to the Corporate/Banking cartels when the World Trade Organization was ratified.

Here are some of the bills I am talking about. They come from the UN/WTO not the USA.
Sea Treaty

"food safety" Anti farming bills

Gun Laws

You need to take the guns before you can remove 2 million farmers from the land.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Don't let Bush get away without too much fault, because it will be unfair

After all the only reason he was so successful with corporate America is because he was their poster child while the corruption within the financial and corporate escalated in during his 8 years with oversight.

If Bush as a president knew that the polices of Clinton were killing our nation he as a president for the people would have done something about it.

But what he did was to create a war profiteer blood sucking monster that help add more debt on what became the trillions dollar war.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Fox news has been reporting that Obama's poll numbers are dropping. According to Rasmussen Reports Obama has dropped below George W. Bush's poll numbers at the same point in his presidency.

So, it looks like the honeymoon may be coming to an end for Obama. He has about 6 months to turn things around before the political climate gets really ugly. The Congressional Democrats should take note that Obama does not need to run for re-election in 2010 but they do.

I don't think that Obama has anything to worry about in regard to impeachment. First of all, he hasn't done anything yet. Second, it takes about 2 years to organize a successfull impeachement. Obama's big worry is getting re-elected in 2012. That is going to be an uphill fight especially if the economy is still in the toilet. Right or wrong the President always gets blamed for a bad economy, and no, I don't think that he can keep blaming Bush for the next 3 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh Bush is partially to blame. But the current mania for blaming ALL the problems on Bush is short sighted and dangerous because you miss the trends that caused the problems. You also miss the fact that Democrats and Republicans are BOTH to blame for the mess.

It goes together with raising Obama to semi-deity. THAT is very dangerous. My philosophy is "an honest politician is one who stays bought" and a voters duty is to figure out WHO did the buying.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, I don't think he can be impeached for sheer incompetence. On top of that, I haven't seen anything yet to show that he is incompetent anyways. He has only been in office a very VERY short while now. You can't expect things to be all better in such short notice. It is going to take quite a while in fact. We need to see what happens a little way down the road, as its a bit premature to start flogging him.

Thanks, Rev. Jeff D.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
He can't be impeached, but the congress can hold a vote of no confidence. The vote of no confidence doesn't really accomplish anything, the only thing it does do is tell the world that we can't legally do anything about him, but we no longer stand behind him or support what he is doing, and it should be viewed as a formal request to resign.

I'm not really worried about it to be completely honest. The dems will fall apart like they always do, and most of his policies will get ruled as unconstitutional. He isn't going to be able to implement 3/4 of the policies that he wants too even though he is trying too.

1) We don't have the money
2) Once the details emerge people will turn on him

Just give it some time, people think they bought the greatest president to ever walk the face of the earth, but what they really got was a great orator with no substance and no ideas and a bunch of empty campaign promises.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

Thank you for handling this in a mature manner.
I agree with what you said for the most part, though I'm not about to abandon my faith in his ability just yet. I think that this early in, it's hard to tell much of anything. Yes, he has definitely made some errors, but this soon, it is all too easy to allow the bad to overcome the room for the good. The first 100 days are big, yes, but they aren't final. If that were the case, the entire country (or the majority, at least) would still be fawning over Bush.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is stupid. Can we wait a year or at least until the fall to see what Obama does.

He's a fall guy so let him play his roll. That way in the history books thousands of years from now he'll be completely blamed for the downfall of USA, 911, the war in Iraq, chemtrails etc...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I laugh when I hear folks claim that Obama has only been in office a short time, and should be given a chance.

If you list the top ten or eleven most expensive catastrophe's in history, you find that the #5 Challenger explosion cost $5.5Billion, #4 Prestige Oil Spill cost $12Billion, the #3 Colombia explosion cost $13Billion, the #2 Chernobyl tragedy cost $200Billion.

The first two months of the 2008 Presidential election cost $800Billion in the first two months. If you bring the numbers up to date, it's almost three trillion dollars.

And you have to wait and give the man a chance?

My God!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
For the first time I will agree with impeachment of Obama but on the basis of going now against our constitution and trying to do what Bush wanted to do during last years first bail out bill.

Bush advocated to give the Federal Reserve banck a private entity the sweeping powers to rule the treasury department

Well the people were outrage, we even had a thread here in ATS with all the numbers, e-mail and links to call the state representatives in congress we fought we talk and that part of the bill was not added on the final bill.

Now Obama wants to do the same and this time I am afraid that because of his charm, good speeches and charismatic demeanor he will get away with it.

Sorry Obama but that is an act of treason against our nations constitution.

Americans are not dumb we know that the Federal reserve is a private entity and that they serve their global elite of bank cartels not the American people.

I am so mad I want to scream.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
For the first time I will agree with impeachment of Obama but on the basis of going now against our constitution and trying to do what Bush wanted to do during last years first bail out bill.

Bush advocated to give the Federal Reserve banck a private entity the sweeping powers to rule the treasury department

Well the people were outrage, we even had a thread here in ATS with all the numbers, e-mail and links to call the state representatives in congress we fought we talk and that part of the bill was not added on the final bill.

Now Obama wants to do the same and this time I am afraid that because of his charm, good speeches and charismatic demeanor he will get away with it.

Sorry Obama but that is an act of treason against our nations constitution.

Americans are not dumb we know that the Federal reserve is a private entity and that they serve their global elite of bank cartels not the American people.

I am so mad I want to scream.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if he gets Congress to pass that law, unless of course he does it as an executive order, then won't the members of Congress that voted for it be just as guilty of High Crimes and Misdemeanors?

So now we have a dilemma. A President that openly (and I am really getting sick of seeing his face on TV every day) flaunts his disregard for the US Constitution, Is about to get us possibly into another war zone (Mexico), has the lowest approval rating of any new president (I'm done giving him a chance, one month or one year isn't going to make a difference if the person is a complete idiot at governing), and a President who seems to think it's ok for the country to worship him as a demigod, while at the same time, ripping that country apart.

We have a congress that is equally to blame now, led by people who actually believe the stuff they are spewing out, controlling the Obama White House to a point, and passing laws that in the end will erode this nation to the level of a mindless mob.

We should be looking at the bigger picture and find a way to recall them all, end their terms and start fresh with new people.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

That is the problem he can do it by executive order, but this is a constitutional issue, but nobody in congress will challenged, because they all for it.

Then we have a supreme court that in the last years has done nothing but sitting pretty in their benches for photos ops.

They are the last result when the Constitution is challenged.

But who is going to bring the issue.

Only we the people.

And right now people are blinded by Obama good looks.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yea, lets give him some more time, jeeeez.. Impeach him and then what? Who takes his place? ANOTHER POLITICIAN... right.

As far as politicians are concerned, Obama aint that bad. You can tell he is a service oriented individual, which symbolically empowers us as a nation. Obviously he doesn't yet see the larger picture, financially, but TAKE A STEP BACK people.

So many of us are hunched over our politicians wide eyed with a drop of drool dangling from our lips. Politicians don't do anything, they can't do anything, they serve no real purpose. They are either:

A: People who compulsively argue their own viewpoint (power oriented)

B: Service oriented people

C: some combination thereof

They are not innovators, they are not engineers, they are not artists. They are at their best servants. So they will find their resting place NATURALLY as we move forward in the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The 2010 elections should be a real circus. There will be so much muddying of the waters, and so much false outrage being shouted by politicians attempting to double-talk away their role in these failing economic policies that the average voter will once again be swayed by the smooth talkers and not the facts. It should be a real gas to watch.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poomouth
Yea, lets give him some more time, jeeeez.. Impeach him and then what? Who takes his place? ANOTHER POLITICIAN... right.

As far as politicians are concerned, Obama aint that bad. You can tell he is a service oriented individual, which symbolically empowers us as a nation. Obviously he doesn't yet see the larger picture, financially, but TAKE A STEP BACK people.

So many of us are hunched over our politicians wide eyed with a drop of drool dangling from our lips. Politicians don't do anything, they can't do anything, they serve no real purpose. They are either:

A: People who compulsively argue their own viewpoint (power oriented)

B: Service oriented people

C: some combination thereof

They are not innovators, they are not engineers, they are not artists. They are at their best servants. So they will find their resting place NATURALLY as we move forward in the 21st century.

And there inlies the problem..

The United States was supposed to be a government for the people, by the people and OF the people. Not career politicians that spend years in DC, or claw their way to the top by promising the world. Ordinary people like you and me were the ones that were supposed to be able to run and serve if we so desired to. So no I will not give the man a chance, he's already proven he doesn't have a clue what he's doing, Biden's just as inept it seems (the infighting is getting annoying) we need to start fresh..

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join