It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled men forced into 'Fight Club' battles: police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Disabled men forced into 'Fight Club' battles: police

www.abc.net.au

Profoundly disabled young men were forced into Fight Club-style battles by the people hired to care for them in a Texas residential facility, police said.

The staged battles - which appear to have been going on for at least two years - were discovered when police reviewed the video on a cell phone camera found lying on a road.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can't even imagine what these people were thinking, treating vulnerable people entrusted to their care so atrociously. It really makes you sick.

The video footage showed staffers provoking the young men until they became physically violent, then shoving them at each other to make sure they fought.

The mentally and physically disabled residents pushed, punched and kicked each other and then had their arms raised in victory when they were declared the winner, Captain Wilson said.

It shouldn't, but it still amazes me the depths people sink to.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Where could a guy get a copy of this?

I say we start the civil war off this way with a Free 5 minute One on One between two wheel chair bound guys in the middle of a field in Kansas

why not?

Hey... I just ride the wave... if it's going to get sick outside, why not ham it up and make it good?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is not funny.
Its sickening.
These people who did this need more than jail.
They are sick and evil.
Someone needs to break there spine, and let them see what its like to be disabled.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
CRIPPLE FIGHT!

back to back posts using South Park references. I like it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.
You 2 are laughing about this?
And joking about this?
And condoning it?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What gets me is some people say the death penalty is not civilized. Yet, something like this is thought of as a joke. Civilized people don't set two dogs on one another, let alone two human beings. If this is what our society has come to, then the death penalty is too good for them.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And some wonder why Americans are buying weapons in record numbers!
Been going on for around two years!

And to laugh and make jokes about it , has to be kids . That is my hope.
These people need to rounded up and brought before the people just like it was done years ago, And let the familys of the victims deal out the Justice

It would not take long for things like this to stop.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
This is not funny.
Its sickening.
These people who did this need more than jail.
They are sick and evil.
Someone needs to break there spine, and let them see what its like to be disabled.

Sorry but, I have the right coping mechanism... If it's going to rain Acid from the skies, I might just wear my best suit and go outside and laugh while it falls apart.

The whole shock and outrage thing

The mandatory politically correct response...

It was only put there so we feel human while unspeakable things go on around us...

I'm just not going to live in denial and have to deal with it somehow, humor is just fine...

The whole "this just doesn't go on among civilized people" rhetoric, is Bs

IT DOES... they have it on tape

there are places where they are killing for food, places where women are being raped in the thousands a day

While these twp crippled guys are fighting and slapping each other up...

In their case, it's probably the most excitement they will have in their lives... I for one of crippled would LOVE a chance to have a good fair fight in my life time...

MEANWHILE

There are those who design Biological Agents that can kill 99% of the population

There are 40 Million people out of work perhaps... and some might KILL for food soon

SO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS THREAD IS?

It's a chance to Say "HEY LOOK HOW GREAT AND CIVILIZED I AM"

And that's Ridiculous when... while Bevis and Butthead have wheelchair fights going on... Probably 1,000 kids were Molested today by Teachers, priests and Doctors etc, etc they trusted...

Not idiots having fun, but degenerates...

and I KNOW... if I was in a wheelchair, it might be the BEST DAY of my life... the two dummies letting me and Stevie slap each other around for an hr...

What People in wheel chairs don;t get pissed?

We talk all this crap about TREATING PEOPLE EQUALLY

Well, the minute someone does, it's...

Some bs loss of our Humanity

Timmy might be in his wheel chair but it will maybe be in the middle of a Civil War soon... Fight? Get him a Shotgun and park him in the living room widow next to Auntie Jean

Don't laugh

Gimmie a break,

You know... let me add this

They say, in studies of people left out at sea... that some people only last a day or two and think too much and let themsleves drown...

while others hang on, sometimes for a month untilk rescued with no food
They also say...

they have no idea what defines these people

Let me share with you all... the truest trait of a survivor

ENJOYING BEING ALIVE NO MATTER WHAT IS GOING ON

Learn your skills, know how to hunt, stock that bunker

YOU my friend are stll already Dead, because you take life too seriously and you have to sit back and want to make the world in your image like some g-d... you "DEFINE CIVILIZATION" so when it's gone you will be hopeless... ZERO ADAPTABILITY

Me, if lost at Sea, I will laugh at My sun burnt reflection in the water all day... be wondering why i don't have a video camera when the Great White swims right past my legs...

I don't

Get all that upset when horrible things happen to me either

I'd be AOK if I was crippled too

and if some dummies made me fight the kid in the wheel chair next to me, I'd think it was a riot too and I swear to G-d that's the truth

Beats the Frack out of a life watching sponge Bob all day

Which is what I am stuck with, with a pair of legs some days anyway

So please...

Tie me to a wheelchair today and roll me into the guy who passes wind in the bunk next to me, i'll kick his rear end and enjoy it... Head butt central baby...

I want to see a kid who can't walk power slammed 2.5 feet to the carpeting by a kid with downs syndrome.. yeah I DO and it doesn't make me a bad person...

Because in reality, they are just like anyone else, it's the people who shock and awe over any injustice they face like anyone else...that think they are "special"

It's not like they gave them lances and set them up on either side of a parking lot and yelled JOUST, is it now?

If they were to have... hooked Nitrous up to the chairs and pushed them onto the freeway for a race... okay this would be bad...

You...you'd kill Bevis because he thought it was Funny to watch them slap each other... tell me How serious could this fight have gotten? Some scratches?

Awwww...

You know... in a wheel chair, I think I might spend some time dreaming of doing a Swanton Bomb of a top rope, a Moment to be like Jeff Hardy or Ray Mysterio...

Who even says...

Some of the kids in the Wheel chairs didn't ENCOURAGE these fights?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
And before anyone even says it

YES

The answers is YES, if my son was in a wheel chair, I'd let him fight if he wanted to fight...

You can't FORCE people to fight lol, deep down they have to want it... they aren't dogs, this wouldn't be any fun if they didn't WANT to beat to the crap out of each other

same as the bums... they offered them a bagel... lol, these are guys that WILL fight for a Bagel... what's the crime?

These kids were willing to fight in those chairs even if they were pushed together, even if slow... and young.

People Like to fight if given an OPPORTUNITY, all of us...

heck we come in here to fight on a mental level

when did Flesh become more valuable than Mind?

I'd say...the whole generation of America in charge now is obsessed with a FEAR of DEATH, wants to be immortal, worried about the planet in centuries and their legacy...and it's all selfish greed, makes nobody any better to sit back and Judge others...

the big LAUGH

was those 2 morons at KFC who got caught killing the chickens by stomping on them...

They hire...TWO Metal heads LOL, to go kill Chickens, then ...Arrest them when they Mosh on the Chickens

WTF!!!

Helllo, they aren't people... they wanted them to simply...cut their heads off... Cus that's OKAY... But the Chickens run around after that, because, they don't feel a thing they are as dumb as an Amoeba

so the kids Moshed around to step on them...because they were running all over the place anyway

This is how MORONIC we all have become...

I'll juts Cut your head off and eat you little Chicken... but if anyone steps on you to kill you we will give them the Death Penalty

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Another low for humankind.

This is why aliens don't visit this planet. It's full of scum bags like this and many of them are in control.

Jeez.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

My point was that the people who would do this are not civilized. I guess you missed it. Or maybe you think they are civilized in which case you would be wrong. Anyway, dogfighting is illegal so there is no reason why this shouldn't be dealt with by courts as well.

Thinking this is funny is your coping mechanism? Whatever gets you through the day. Maybe if it happens to someone in your family it might not be so funny. Or maybe it would be funnier to you, I don't know.

Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you about whether this is funny or not.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
DEATH PENALTY?

Who... was too LAZY to care for their crippled child that they were put into an INSTITUTION in the first place?

There's a guy somewhere who as a dad maybe I could say death penalty for lol...for really being a son of a bbbbb

I'm sure slap fighting his buddy and getting a few knocks in... is a horrible feeling for a kid...

Who's parents abandoned him because he was a crip...

or was just left alone as an adult...

ROFL

ZERO comment on HOW a person gets left by our society in an institution because they have no legs and what kind of people THAT makes us...

Just MURDER the idiot who wipes his arse and takes a bit o advantage of the situation...

Not the people that left the poor guy there

Or the society that ...HAS Homeless people not by choice...

It's sooooooooo easy to say... "I am better than you"

But lol, what do you do for the homeless and crippled PERSONALLY?

Nothing... protest, write in forums what?

When was the last time...anyone in here picked up a bag of Bagekls and walked around handing them to the Homeless???

NEVER any of you

Me either, i'm no better

They are in there because NO ONE GIVES AN ACTUAL DAMN... except to point fingers and say "the next guy isn't civilized"

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

My point was that the people who would do this are not civilized. I guess you missed it. Or maybe you think they are civilized in which case you would be wrong. Anyway, dogfighting is illegal so there is no reason why this shouldn't be dealt with by courts as well.

Thinking this is funny is your coping mechanism? Whatever gets you through the day. Maybe if it happens to someone in your family it might not be so funny. Or maybe it would be funnier to you, I don't know.

Listen to your HATE filled response

Basically wishing it on others, offering the Death Penalty

I would LOVE the entertainment of wheelchair fights if I was in an institution

Such a DAMN Hypocrite your being...

HOW DO YOU KNOW THE GUYS IN THE CHAIR, SOME AT LEAST DID NOT ENCOURAGE IT?

Your scared of crippled people...you think they need to be on eggshells... Just like the people who, make up new names for race, it's your DISCOMFORT,

a WAY for you to feel superior, like your doing something, saying something...

Just like most people who scream Race are usually deep down the biggest racists EVER in their own passive aggressive way...

Guys go into Wrestling or Boxing and make Millions.. Yes, like Mohamed Ali, RISKING their lives, Owen Hart is dead... many others

A bum, who is unemployed...and hungry... He can't make a conscious decision to Fight for his food for pay if need be?

Who the Hell are WE to tell people what choices they can make?

They are under Duress?

I bet the kids willing to fight get perked out and got attention and... some in particular enjoyed it even if it amounted to an extra Fruit cocktail at dinner

and, obviously

No one ever got hurt... not badly or you'd hear about it long before a cell phone vid came out

So what about this requires

THE DEATH PENALTY

BELIEVE OUR LIBERAL VALUES OR DIE, PEOPLE ALL FOLLOW THE SAME RULES OR DIE...

Look very carefully about what philosophies are really the fascist ones this time around...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I suppose these people had no one that cared for them outside the facility. Surely some friend or family member would have noticed, no?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM NOW??? i AM BEGINNING TO THINK IT IS TIME TO EXIT, YOUR'E SICK AND THE REASON GOD WILL SMITE EVERY LAST ONE OF US. EVIL, VILE AND INSENSITIVE.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Your tirades against the over serious politically correct response are entertaining and all, but did you notice the part where the staff provoked the disabled kids into a state of violence?

The staff are not simply allowing these people to have friendly tussles; they don't have a choice in the matter. And do you know what disabilities these kids have? Does it do anything positive for their emotional state to be provoked into a violent rage?

By all means use humour to cope if you want, but don't expect people to understand when people are treated this way; and the comparisons to the worst human atrocities does not make it any better either. Abusing vulnerable people is a crappy thing to do in any situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's not exactly fair...

We have no idea,

If they were anyway genuinely injured,

If any of the people in the wheel chair were willing participants

Mostly what I am laughing at is the fact that People Jump right in based on a POLICE report (those who are trying to convict people, wrongly or not)

And that Because it's Handicapped involved, we KNOW right from the bat, that this was sooooo awful or that no one handicapped encouraged this

We DO have something in this Country that says Innocent until PROVEN Guilty

and... when an Idiotic response like "The Death Penalty" is offered... who's the INHUMANE side, those crying PITY, when we have no proof it's warranted yet... Or Bevis and Butthead who were Morons, but having fun and probably no one got hurt...

Because IF they did... this would have made the news allot sooner

I'm sorry... I have no picture in my head, of torture here...

I DO visulaize a couple of moronic orderlies, goading a kids into fighting... and they should be fired

But INSTIGATORS... I started dealing with them in 2nd grade,

"come on fight, you can take him"

Like All fights practically between guys... they broke it up assuredly, just like the bum fights that were "so heinous"

and frankly

your missing the point

IF I was crippled... I'd prefer not to be treated like i'm retarded

I'm not saying I KNOW what went down either

Just that....

IT'S VERY EASY TO SEE WHERE THE COPS GIVEN THIS PC ATTITUDE WOULD TAKE WHAT AMOUNTS TO A COUPLE OF ORDERLIES HAVING A GOOD TIME, MAYBE, GOADING THEIR FIGHTERS ON ON TAPE OR USING THE ONE IDIOTS FOOTAGE THAT GOT CARRIED AWAY... AND TURNING THE WHEELCHAIR EQUIVALENT OF BACKYARD WRESTLING... INTO A !) YEAR SENTENCE

I for one know... being crippled wouldn't make me loose my masculinity

I VERY WELL might LOVE an orderly that let me exhibit some...any kind of aggression in the day.... anything at all

Frankly... I am in a Fight club, I can't imagine that being taken from me... in theory, it's "illegal" and any tape could get me in "trouble"

But... I enjoy the sport of it...and my 10-12 guys, we make sure no one gets injured

Why should being handicapped erase any moment of masculinity

We KNOW NOTHING yet of what went on

The DEATH PENALTY... they are crippled crowd...

That crowd, i would say has no Humanity... NOT I

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I hope the people hired to care for them get prison time.

The guards may let them meet Bubba for some recreation.

Bubba that likes to beat on people for recreation.

new topics

top topics

join