It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea levels 'to surge at least a metre'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
so here i am saying a large part of future ais plan of destroying human civilisation is to cause climate change and melt the icecaps,and what do we have?, hoards of so called people linning up to deny the existence of global warming.

"its nots happening dont worry just keep spewing out them greenhouse gases"

they are the most decietful and devilish beings you could ever imagine,theyl do anything just to kill one of us and they enjoy every moment of it.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
reply to post by golemina

You see, that's why I put the diatribe in because you don't appear to understand the word INCREASING. It may not seem like much to you but when it gets to a couple of inches in a decade it will have a serious impact for our children.

I'm the sort of person who cleans up after myself. I don't like leaving problems for others to fix or deal with.

they understand,they are playing dumb and discrediting climate change as it is one of their doings.
as you can see no human is foolish enough to actually not understand the evidence presented to them that you and the scientists of the study have,but here and many other like places they just ignore the evidence and come out with discreditation..."lol r u serioz lol one inch is nothing", "climate change.....something concoted by the left wing loonies to make us all scared" and so on.
you can talk to your blue in the face theyl ignore all you present to them for it is their job,their program,to discredit certain subjects and they will.

1+1=2.....doesnt work with them....theyl start saying 1 doesnt really exist or its a plot to undermine number 3 and so on.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
A personal theory of mine is that the increased weight of water in new locations on the globe results in higher vulcanism which results in particulates in the air that block the suns light thereby cooling the planet. The soon ice free Arctic sea provides a heap of moisture resulting in mega winter storms in the far north leading to a quick accumulation of snow and starting the process of glaciation of the North again. The snow sticks around and reflects a portion of light energy back out to space and ice age here we come.

Can you imagine the ocean effect snows up there as more areas become ice free?

An interesting theory for sure. They found that seismic activity in the Phillipines increased after hurricanes due to the extra weight load of water on the land. I could well imagine the redistribution of weight from continental plates to oceanic plates might well cause some activity.

While it is a consolation that the earth will correct itself in time, unfortunately the cost can be huge. Big enough that it will make surviving on this planet unpleasant.

Fifty five million years ago the earth experienced the most rapid and extreme global warming event in its geologic history, called the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM). This massive extinction event was accompanied by increases in sea-surface temperatures (SST) of 5°C in the tropics and as much as 9°C in the Arctic, with bottom water warming 4-5°; the initial SST warming took only about 1000 years.i A change in the C13/C12 isotope ratio of sea sediments suggests that the heating was due to an increase in the greenhouse effect brought about by a sudden release into the atmosphere of about 2000 Gt of carbon in the form of methane.

depsc.delaware.gov...

The subsequent mass extinction event in the oceans helped create our huge fossil fuel reserves... ironic isn't it?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
i do wonder how people will deal with this. will they build a great dike around Manhattan?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Oh NO! The sky is FALLING! The sky is FALLING! What ARE we going to do?

Al Gore and company are hiding the fact we are heading into an ice age.

The earth is now on the brink of entering another Ice Age, according to a large and compelling body of evidence from within the field of climate science. Many sources of data which provide our knowledge base of long-term climate change indicate that the warm, twelve thousand year-long Holocene period will rather soon be coming to an end, and then the earth will return to Ice Age conditions for the next 100,000 years. pravda

Actually the timing (end of a Milankovich cycle) and lack of sunspots make this the better bet.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
gj turning this thread into a letter size p***** contest.

oh and good job posting without data too, you still failt to tell us how much of a sea level rise we have had in the time since people started shouting AGW. again, prognosis doesn't sink islands, what has happened so far? as opposed to is supposed to happen by the year 2080. heck it once was 2050, but recent snowfalls seem to have gained us 30 more years.... just an observation.

what has happened? a few cm, which is not all that reliable, because land masses aren't static either and radra surveillance isn't or at least at that time wasn't that accurate, leavnng you without a valid comparison.

i posted links to a paper which claims that sub mm rises per year due to melting ice. no matter how you slice it, that's laughable and your hysterical 'dikes around Manhattan' rhethoric can only be sustained while youz're ignoring any contradictory evidence.

speaks for itself, really.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i want you all to watch this video:

www.youtube.com...

please

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

www.youtube.com...

please

Blah! blah! blah! How did you get to that conference? Did you walk? No you flew there.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by funkyx486

www.youtube.com...

please

Blah! blah! blah! How did you get to that conference? Did you walk? No you flew there.

dude open your eyes. the world is ending right before them. we need to do something. do you love your children?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

please

dude open your eyes. the world is ending right before them. we need to do something. do you love your children?

Nothing major is going to happen, you have been sucked in by the propaganda aswell.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

please

Nothing major is going to happen, you have been sucked in by the propaganda aswell.

Ummm, I'm sure world leaders will milk the ecological crisis ... but something IS happening as we speak.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

please

Ummm, I'm sure world leaders will milk the ecological crisis ... but something IS happening as we speak.

Yes something IS happening as we speak, more scientists are devising more ways of extracting more BS to push onto us.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

,they are playing dumb and discrediting climate change as it is one of their doings

Sunspot/climate link was IDed over 200 yrs ago. "global warming" is driven by politics not science. The guy who started "the deniers" was an independent not associated with oil or government funding. (google Dr Arthur Robinson)

The guy who started the CO2 caused global warming in 1957 is an Oceanographer named Roger Revelle. But in 1991 Revelle and Chauncey Starr wrote an article urging more research and begged scientists and governments "not to move too fast to curb greenhouse CO2 emissions because the true impact of carbon dioxide was not at all certain, and curbing the use of fossil fuels could have a huge, negative impact on the economy, jobs, and our standard of living."

Then Maurice Strong of the UN and the environmentalist scientists, out of a job once pollution was curbed and who craved additional funding grabbed the idea and ran with it. The UN sees it as a great way to make a major power/money grab with the bamboozled masses agreement.

"The sky is falling" scenario has been around a LONG LONG time. I for one am sick of hearing Warnings First WARNING we are going to trigger an Ice age (the 70's), Warning we are going to trigger run away global warming, And now Warning we are going to trigger Climate change.

Sorry, I am not falling for the hype a THIRD time.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
Sunspot/climate link was IDed over 200 yrs ago. "global warming" is driven by politics not science. The guy who started "the deniers" was an independent not associated with oil or government funding. (google Dr Arthur Robinson)

Arthur Robinson is a wacky right-wing hack. The science behind greenhouse gases goes back 150 years.

The guy who started the CO2 caused global warming in 1957 is an Oceanographer named Roger Revelle.

It was actually Svante Arrhenius, who built on those who came before him.

But in 1991 Revelle and Chauncey Starr wrote an article urging more research and begged scientists and governments "not to move too fast to curb greenhouse CO2 emissions because the true impact of carbon dioxide was not at all certain, and curbing the use of fossil fuels could have a huge, negative impact on the economy, jobs, and our standard of living."

How do you know Revelle wrote it? He was very sick at the time. His name was on the article, but it was written by Starr and Fred Singer (a well-known denier). That was actually a very disturbing episode of two deniers manipulating and pressuring a sick man. He died not long after.

home.att.net...

"The sky is falling" scenario has been around a LONG LONG time. I for one am sick of hearing Warnings First WARNING we are going to trigger an Ice age (the 70's), Warning we are going to trigger run away global warming, And now Warning we are going to trigger Climate change.

Very few scientists bought the global cooling lark in the 70s. It was a fringe idea based on few papers. Whilst at the exact same time, the support was gathering for GHG-induced climate change.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

OK, I watched the vid. Sad, so, so, so sad. That poor girl, used by the ones entrusted to protect her, to further a political goal and bring in more money from the pockets of her own parents... she is literally scared to death!

I have two specific comments to her, and to you:
  • Did you have to worry about these things when you were my age? No, I didn't. I had to worry about someone halfway around the world pushing a button and my world disappearing in a milli-second of nuclear explosion. I had to worry about my flesh melting away from my bones before I had time to die. I had to worry about somehow surviving in a world where the water and the very air was tainted by a poison that would eat me alive from the inside, assuming I was lucky enough to experience that.

• If you can't fix it, stop breaking it! Exactly what are we breaking, and how are we breaking it? She never addresses that with anything close to specifics. Am I breaking something by driving to work? Exactly what are my choices if I stop driving to work? Does she want my children to go hungry so she can feel better about her environment?
This is nothing more than a blatant example of what we are doing to our children with all this pseudo-science about CO2 and ozone and the like. Al Gore, Jim Hansen, and the myriad of others who support this agenda of fear are killing our children with fear. As the girl speaking clearly shows, they do ot even know what it is they are afraid of, only that if something isn't "done" to "fix it", her generation will be "in trouble".

How can people be so cruel? this girl should be playing with her friends. She should be attending slumber parties and giggling about which boy in her school is cutest. She should be preparing for her future life as an adult. She should not be losing sleep worrying about some mythological beast that is going to devour her and her friends and children.

Cruelty... pure cruelty, done in the name of ignorance and power. Global Warming activists must be very proud of themselves.

TheRedneck

[edit on 3/15/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Redneck,

You might appreciate this paper

“This finding has evident repercussions for climate change and solar physics. Increasing TSI between 1980 and 2000 could have contributed significantly to global warming during the last three decades [Scafetta and West, 2007, 2008]. Current climate models [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2007] have assumed that the TSI did not vary significantly during the last 30 years and have therefore underestimated the solar contribution and overestimated the anthropogenic contribution to global warming.” A New Paper On Solar Climate Forcing “ACRIM-Gap And TSI Trend Issue Resolved Using A Surface Magnetic Flux TSI Proxy Model By Scafetta Et Al 2009

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Gee, you mean they discovered that big bright thing in the sky is hot? Wow, who would have ever thought that?

I was keeping a tally sheet of bad assumptions, improper data tampering, and misrepresentation of data by the IPCC, but I seem to have run out of paper... maybe I should have made smaller tally marks?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Redneck
This is just too good a quote to not pass along

"The Japanese government Science advisors recently described the IPCC trappings as “ancient Astrology” and in that they are being unkind to ancient astology."

I certainly have a bit more faith in the Japanese than Al Gore especially when the

Chinese climate scientists tactfully tell the IPCC that surface air temperature (SAT) trends over north China include a large component of urban warming Source

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Whoa, wait just one minute now! They discovered that concrete in the sun gets hot? Blast it all, these new discoveries are going to wreck scientific thought for the next 1000 years!

Next thing you know, they'll be telling us that volcanic eruptions are hot, too...

TheRedneck
(I would use the [/sarcasm] tag here, but I am assuming more will be needed shortly
)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Were we not supposed to be underwater by now by some scientist predictions at one point. They will never know what really will happen until it actually happens. Quite personally I can't believe in global warming after the last few winters we have had her in Ohio. Record snowfalls and record low temps. I am looking for some global warming. Last summer it got above 80 maybe 30 days. Besides most for the ice in the polar Ice Cap is already in the water so it won't raise the lever because like when ice melts in a glass the level stays the same. Is all this water coming from Antarctica. If you are counting on permafrost from Russia, Canada, Greenland and Northern Europe. Most of that would form lakes, ponds, lochs, and rivers. I can't see it getting that high.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join