It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Above Top Secret SO ADDICTING?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's the sumbliminal messages I tell you... All working on the ego. I think one says "posting here makes you sexy". Another says " This is the real world, sell your socks on the black market". There are more, see if can find them. Also, the only cure I have found is aluminum eye patches. Try it, works wonders.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Yeah, like the subliminal messages from midnight movies!
Far out!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I guess I was somewhat addicted to the search for knowledge of others who were like minded. It is difficult to discuss some of these issues with others outside of these forums. I have been labeled a radical, anti government protester or have been compared to Ruby Ridge type, when in fact I’m nothing like that. Others are blinded. I am patriotic, however I was happy to see others here fighting for our rights. Another advantage this site has is that it fits more in to main stream life, rather than a conspiracy site on most issues. Most times there are credible sources that back up such claims that I find most interesting. Even though I am a new member I have been reading this site daily for close to a year and found that my suspicions were not a figment of my imagination, rather well documented proof here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I pretty much just read here but, I've always liked to listen more than talk so that's no surprise. The reason I'm on here every day is that I love to read and learn a lot of interesting things. I'm quite sure I would have never even heard of many of if not for this site.

Also, even as quiet as I am, I've met and 'talked' to some some really neat people here. -Who doesn't like that?

For better or worse, it's changed the way I think and view the world (and I'm not kidding). And so far I haven't had any belief system collapses or stand in my back yard with an antenna in each hand or anything so, I think it's ok.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think what makes this place so addicting is that there are thousands upon thousands of other people that have similar interests in terms of alternative topics. Usually in my circle of friends, I know 1 maybe 2 people that actually has some interest in the paranormal universe and/or UFOs.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hmmm.. why ATS is addictive?.. well, think of all the action you'd miss if you weren't lurking around there, think about the wonderful debates, about the serious research, the extreme clashing of ideology's; which proves very informative to the meticulous lurker.. think about all the off-topic posts hehe.. the action is there.. that's why I usually just avoid BTS.. not to mention that ATS is far more active (thread-wise).

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So addicting! I will admit I check ATS everytime I come to my laptop! When I can't sleep I'm here (like right now!) when I'm in class and bored out of my mind, just whenever!

I was a lurker for a LONG time and then I couldn't take it I had to register and start posting also! I think because like a lot of ya'll have said, such wide topics and I love to read different points of view! I would much rather read it here than have it shoved to down my throat on the TV news or newspaper websites. I feel like I have actually learned more by reading opposing points of view here than I have anywhere else and this website has offered amazing topics for me to be able to open more conversation with my parents other than the usual how was work etc...

This is an online community that I feel like I belong in- and out of loneliness and Dr ordered bedrest for the duration of my pregnancy, I have become quite lonely... I have joined other sites but there is nothing like ATS.

I may not post very much, I try to... But either way I still feel like I belong. I wish I felt I had the knowledge on politics as a lot of ya'll do to actually post, but it is not my strong suit- but I am following! I think I am better at posting in threads about topics I am familar with, have something to offer, just want to say hi and share, or when I want to commend someone on their post.

I like this chit chat!!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The same day I found this site I signed up to be a member, even before I knew the real extent of the topics, subjects, points of view, etc. that it has to offer. It has never disappointed me--I can always find a thread (and usually several) that interests me and I want to contribute to.

On the average, I make about 2 posts a day, but that's because of time constraints. When I have the leisure to spend a whole afternoon or evening at it then I can do many more.

The really addicting part, for me, is the interaction of subjects, people and ideas. When I was in college I had a group of friends who were interested in almost everything and with whom I could talk about almost anything. Since we all went our separate ways into the "real world" I have missed the dynamics of that group. ATS comes as close to replacing that relationship as anything I have found.

I'm not so addicted that I neglect my husband, family, work or any important relationships, but I could happily spend the most part of a day here if I had the chance.

My only real regret is that I spend less time reading, something I don't really want to happen. But ATSers are some of the authors I now most enjoy.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am addicted because I find like minds and intellects here.

In my everyday life I am surrounded by people who are either not interested in learning/expanding their minds or are just so full of themselves they do not see how stupid they really are. It doesnt matter that you know all the American Idol contestants! That wont matter in 2 weeks.

Being here on ATS with people who enjoy learning and teaching others what they are passionate about makes me giggle like a 6 year old girl who just got a pony.

The frustration I feel with the people I meet everyday is greatly lessened by the wonderful people here on ATS.

Some might think that the topics on this forum are what makes this site so affluent on the world wide web but it isnt that. It's the people behind the posts, those people that wish to express their opinions without constraint or restrictions.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yeah, I completely admit it, I am an addict!

We need to have an ATS addict round table.... lol

It is where you can find anything and everything going on in the world. Besides every type thing going on ... from the bizzare to the real.

Very informative site, besides being able to have great debates/information going back and forth about every subject there is to discuss.

Try as I might, I can not skip getting on ATS, everyday. Even if it is just to check and see what threads are happening.

ATS is awesome.......

Yep................ complete addict .... right here....:w:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It used to be kind of addicting in the sense that I would spend hours looking at interesting things on here. But lately it has been pissing me off lately...maybe because I am probably looking at the wrong topics. Maybe one of these days I will find that addictiveness again.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, everyone, appreciate it!

Stars all around...or up & down!

This ATS addict is, without exception, addicted to posts in my own threads!
Something about seeing my thread receive replies, is like when I was a kid selling lemonade, and people actually stopped to buy a cup!

This is better than group therapy!

Or Talk radio!

I'm not a priest taking confessions, but please, continue...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't know, I didn't like it at first and would only visit and lurk,

I think skeptic overlord put a spell on me.

www.youtube.com...

and I still haven't figured out how to embed a stinken video

[edit on 093131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

HEY I FINALLY learned awhile back - it is easy

ONLY COPY the numbers after the =

OK here is an example of a youtube website address

copy without http so you can see it. and won't link www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hNT5UCDKxM

OK, now just take the numbers and letters after the v=

and insert that into the youtube vid line for inserting!

That is ALL YOU put in..... 3hNT5UCDKxM

wahla done.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by questioningall]

[edit on 28-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Stormdancer777

HEY I FINALLY learned awhile back - it is easy

ONLY COPY the numbers after the =

OK here is an example of a youtube website address

www.youtube.com...

OK, now just take the numbers and letters after the v=

and insert that into the youtube vid line for inserting!

That is ALL YOU put in..... 3hNT5UCDKxM

wahla done.

alrighty let me give that a shot.

thanks again gal

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

let me see if this works

awesome, doing the happy happy joy joy dance

[edit on 103131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't think your happy yet