It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird obsessive compulsive behaviour.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now this is REALLY weird. I've recently developed some OCD tendencies such as double and triple checking things etc which has literally developed out of thin air.I know the things I'm doing are completely nuts but I just c'ant stop myself. The reason it's so damn weird is it's also happening to my next door neighbour but to a much worse degree-----I've watched him try the back door up to 30 times when he goes out and he now occasionally walks around his back garden naked! Not a pretty sight.
He never used to do this and I certainly had no OCD problems so what is going on here? Have any of you guys developed weird behaviour recently or is it just in my street?
Oh, forgot to mention the elderly guy who lives opposite my house has complained about Red Indians keeping him awake at night. I feel like my street is going completely and utterly bonkers! Please has anyone got any idea's on this.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Didn't you know that lunacy is contagious ? lots of love , Billy the kid .

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
hmmm without more info i have no idea, any tragic events / water issues / new girl in town / black family moved in nearby / government r&d lab opened up / new meth labs / mushroom season / other physical or mental symptoms /news reports of crime spikes?

with the little to go on i have, it's almost certainly a prankster et from dimension 5 messing with your road, best bet is to play along and also walk around nude -then they won't become suspicious

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Can you give a general vicinity of where you live?

-E-

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

black family moved in nearby

If you're insinuating having people of color move into the neighborhood would cause OCD and/or completely irrational behavior - you really need a reality check.

Racism is horrifically repulsive and has NO PLACE in our society, or this board.

Karma hears you...

peace

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by NatureBoy

black family moved in nearby

If you're insinuating having people of color move into the neighborhood would cause OCD and/or completely irrational behavior - you really need a reality check.

Racism is horrifically repulsive and has NO PLACE in our society, or this board.

Karma hears you...

peace

please

no offence but it was obviously a joke and he obviously WASN'T insinuating that having a black family nearby would cause OCD. why didn't you make any mention of the "new girl in town" as well? does he think having a woman in the neighborhood would cause irrational behavior, too?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

haha i'm not racist, however OP or more likely his kooky nude friend might well be, even subliminally - also it was a joke, the checking doors were locked.... oh come on if Chris Rock had said it you would have laughed

edit to add: i should point out too it wasn't just a wild jibe, my more serious point was that many, many subliminal things can effect a whole community. I remember when a kid got hit by a car outside my school, everyone stuck to the pavements for weeks after that, almost to ocd levels.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Can you give a general vicinity of where you live?

-E-
I live by a very busy main road and a cinema is nearby.Often in the cinema car park,cars electronics are affected by a tall building nearby with loads of masts and dishes on the roof.Could this be a factor possibly? Reading my thread it sounds crazy but it really is happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
hmmm without more info i have no idea, any tragic events / water issues / new girl in town / black family moved in nearby / government r&d lab opened up / new meth labs / mushroom season / other physical or mental symptoms /news reports of crime spikes?

The only other weird symptom I've got is a humming noise,similar to a very constant low frequency car engine running.It keeps me awake some nights even with earplugs.Water seems ok-----new neighbour moved in a couple of doors away.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
oh man, i laughed at some of the replies.

seriously, OP, '___' in the water maybe? boil the water to destroy it, or expose it to sunlight for a few hours. electro magnetics are supposed to have an effect on brainwaves but the situation seems a touch on the nutty extreme side.

have you spoken to your neighbours about the situation at all?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I heard something interesting on a current affairs show a month ago or so. It was a story about the rising numbers of OCD cases in young children..
I forget the exact percentage they mentioned but apparently a fair number of kids nowadays believe that "the world is going to end before they turn 21" and they carry out these little OCD ticks because they believe that in doing that it will to stop this from happening...

I thought, from an alternative point of view, that this was extremely interesting, especially when i look at all of these 2012 threads.. and I've gotta ask, "Why the hell are kids thinking like that..?" We're not talking about fairly literate teenagers running around surfing the Net and checking out their favourite discussions on their bookmarked conspiracy sites. . .
The news story was referring roughly to young kids, some smaller than primary school age, and it's not like they would be generally influenced through mainstream media about these types of issues to be paranoid enough about the end of the world to actually develop OCD..

So it's interesting to wonder why this is happening on an apparently increasing scale...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
interesting- em could in theory (and the lab) change brain waves, as far as i know it's never been proven to happen in public but there is always a case1.

Best bet is to take a week or weekend off, go camping (practice those vital survival skills) and relax - if the buzzing comes back as soon as your get home, well you know it might because of em, etc OR a mental switch linked to your house.

-oh and i get the buzz in my ear sometimes when i haven't done enough phsical and interesting stuff of the day or have something on my mind, also if you keep checking things it could be because your mind feels destracted and doesn't trust itself at the mp.

so think 'things' through while you camp/hike/fish maybe you'll feel better.

Don't forget when someone goes nuts they often think everyone else is more nuts, they start asking questions and spying on people -when you do this it's easy to build up a fairly strange picture of people and assume they are going mad, not you.

you aren't going mad, (probly) you might be stressed/tired/board/etc and your mind is running away with you - chill out, you'll feel better.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm quite relaxed ,that is the weird thing and tend to laugh off my OCD.To be fair it is pretty minor compared to what some people experience.I just find it strange that my next door neighbour, who seemed for quite a few years,to be a normal guy is behaving so oddly.Who in their right mind would want to walk round the garden in the buff in the middle of winter?
I c'ant ask him about this because,let's face it,it's a bit embarrassing .I really could'nt look him in the eye again--and he's absolutely gross.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is a difference between dementia and ocd. You are talking about two completely different conditions.

And something is only OCD, or a disorder, when it starts to affect your life. Like not being able to work or leave the house because of it. If you are still function, it is still just a bad habit.

There could be a lot of reasons your neighbor is walking around naked. One could be called whiskey. The others is a leak or poisoning making him a little nutty.

Or he is sleepwalking

or dreams of being a nudist.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Pretty vacant, what an interesting reply on young kids being affected by OCD.This is extremely weird and it makes you wonder what the hell is going on. The last thing children should be worried about is the end of the world.I am convinced that something is being transmitted or added to water/ food supplies. There has to be a reason for all this.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

He tries the back door around 30 times when he goes out ---that is definately OCD.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Not exactly. If it is dementia, he can easily forget and try opening the door numerous times.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you're correct and it is dementia then that's worrying in itself because the guy is only about mid- thirties.I did a thread a while back about the increase in dementia cases. I wonder if somehow there is a link between increasing dementia cases and also OCD?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I believe most people have OCD tendencies including myself. I think it more comes down to the fact whether you notice them or not.

Perhaps its something that has happened in your life previously that makes you more aware that the thing you are doing needs to be completed properly. Even making you slightly paranoid that its not over and over again.

Myself for example when home alone check all windows are shut and all doors are locked, fair enough you may say, however i'll go round and check they are every 10 minutes or so until someone else is the house with me. Day or night makes no difference.

Other things i wont go into detail about also make me wonder whether i could be a prime example of a OCD person. I reassure myself i am not by knowing fully well things have happened to me that make me uneasy with things such as being home alone.

I believe there is a illness such as OCD so please don't take me wrong i'm just merely suggesting that for many it could just be paranoia of a previous event or events being repeated.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Somebodyelse7]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Try this supplement.
dewsnatural.com...

Lack of Co-enzyme B-6 is the thing that can give OCD. Many people can't utilize regular B-vitamins. Or you could try Multi-Com#1 by ultralifeinc.com. It has co-enzyme Bs. Good Luck Keep us posted

top topics

<<   2 >>

join