It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about this quote explaining hell???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"There is no such thing as hell after death. The only hell that exists is right here on earth. It's called mankind."

[edit on 10-3-2009 by doorbell412]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Do you have a source for that quote?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Awesome quote...and pretty spot on...we are all products of our own realities, and create our own heaven and hell. Mankind's concepts definitely add to the equation.

~Holly

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I certainly agree with that statement. The idea of hell itself isn't really logical anyway.

We do make our own choices about our realities, simply observing something changes the way it behaves.

Great quote, I would love to get the source.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi ! Hell is allegedly eternal therefore cannot exist in this world as everything passes . I doubt if hell exists in the religious sense too !

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Nah, just kidding... A friend sent me it this morning just before work and I can't seem to find the email. Must have accidentally deleted it. I'll ask him for it when he gets back. I believe it was from someone back in the 1700's

[edit on 10-3-2009 by doorbell412]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes however, if something does continue on after life into death.
Then the evil will continue as well as the good.
So to say there is no hell after death, is to say there is nothing after death.
And there is more evidence proving there is life after death, than dis proving it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Great quote.
Source?

There is a hell!
Be Afraid be very Afraid.
Not really just a cold hearted careless world is all

There's a Hell and it's here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

I've often wondered if we're in hell right now and maybe we have to prove ourselves to be good souls to escape to Paradise when we die. If that is the case I have failed miserably!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was taught that what it means to burn forever and ever was an idiom that meant once something is burnt that it no longer exists and that those who get their names blotted out of the book of life will cease to exist while the rest get to live for eternity.

I read once that what we experience here is actually just a refining fire and that some will come out as precious gems. I think I will only be a piece of quartz.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
To say there is no such thing as hell is not true in my opinion. Some of us have our own personal hell we go through. Other than that some people believe that simply being separate from God is hell

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Firstly, let me just state that I feel like the concept of "hell" has been used to manipulate and control the masses for centuries. "If you don't believe and do what we tell you to, you will certainly burn in hell!!" BAH!!!! Codswallop!!! :shk:

In regards to your quote, it's probably fairly accurate. I will say this, spiritually there is a refinement that takes place. What is used in refinement? "Fire." Also, I may be mistaken, but isn't there a verse in the bible that says God is like a "raging fire?"

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The hebrew word for "hell" is "sheol" which means "death" or "grave".
The greek words found in the NT translated as "hell" are "hades"(grave), "tartarus"(abyss or confinement 2 Peter 2:4), and "gehenna"(Valley of Hinnom). Of all four words, the only one resembling fire is "gehenna" which is greek for "Valley of Hinnom" which was Jerusalem's city dump where all dead bodies and animal carcases would be thrown and caught on fire. DEAD bodies. Revelation calls the Lake of Fire the "Second Death" which is a death sentence and ceasing to exist.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

"People do not go to hell after death. The designers and builders of hell are human beings. The designs and buildings are almost completed. It is becoming difficult to add more hell."

- Tamo-san

The late Ryoju Kikuchi aka Tamo-San was a Buddhist priestess. She stated that one of humankind's greatest assumptions is that we are above and separate from the rest of nature. She claimed that we could do nothing to prevent our imminent destruction as a species unless we overcome this grave error.

Cheers,

~Hyp

new topics

top topics

join