It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion : counting the numbers of readings on a Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hi, members.

Don't you think it would be a good thing to take account of the number of readings of a thread ?
I think that a great number of readers won't flag a thread, even if it's found interesting.
So the threads would be by default, sorted by number of flags AND number of readings AND number of answers.

Furthermore, each one should be free to sort the threads by one of these criterias.

I think that what deserves a thread to remain on the first page is the INTEREST it shows, and that the better proof of it's interest is the number of readings.

The number of flags is indeed a good criteria as well.

But BOTH criteria are IMO better.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

There use to be thread "views" (the number of times a thread was viewed), but that functionality was disabled several months ago.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
skeptic1 is absolutely right.

Thread views was indeed a feature here at ATS, but has been replaced with the flag system. Keeping tabs of thread views was eating up precious server space so it wad deemed unnecessary and moved aside.

Threads that deserve it get flagged and moved to the top of the page, so a page view system really isn't needed anymore.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Hi, nyk537.
Thanks for your answer.

My prefered access to the threads is "recents posts", which allows me to see ALL the threads.
I can't on this page, click on one of the columns : either flags or answers.
This, if possible, could SORT the threads by flags or answers.

If the flagging is an interesting mean ( I agree with ), then why is it NOT used to sort by default the threads ?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If you're just looking for some of the most active and popular threads on the board at any given time, try clicking the links in the menu bar that say "HOT" AND "TOP".

Outside of that, I don't believe a sort feature would be useful. The 3 top flagged threads are linked at the top of every page, and recent posts will give you the top recently active threads at any moment.

Everything you need is at your fingertips.

new topics

top topics

join