It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Put Blocking (DoS) Cookiees on my computer? Blocked Flouride Search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Not really news to some of us, but I figured I'd mention this here for anyone having issues getting to certain sites.

I was deciding how I wanted to heat my water for some tea, and wondered what, if any, effects microwaving had on fluoride in water. I did a G**gle search for "effects microwaving fluoridated water", and the first site to come up was . The excerpt said "Nov 3, 2006 ... One of the unexpected results of water fluoridation was the multiplier effect caused by the processing of foods and beverages using ...". That sounded interesting (short attention span here... taken me 15 minutes to get this far!). So I clicked it.

I get a page with a message like it couldn't find the server. Ok, so I click back and try it again and get the same page. I clicked back again, and decided to try it one more time, and actually read the message. It basically said that too many people were accessing the site at the same time. So I try it a couple more times. Should work, right? No reason G**gle should block the first of it's picks... ?

This has actually been happening to me intermittently all week. If any of you are getting bogus search results, just dump your cookies. I didn't think about it before dumping them, but next time this happens I'm gonna try to see who the culprit is, even if I have to systematically quarantine each cookie one by one... unless someone else already knows, lol.

Anyways, after I dumped my cookies I had no problem getting to that specific site. Just a warning and true scenario. I haven't had any problem getting to any page that contained something which could be considered by an ATS member as propaganda or brainwashing/sublim. messaging. All the links I have problems with have been related to topics commonly found in conspiracy theory rings and groups, such as the aforementioned fluoride site. Others have been links to sites with articles about (what I'm now referring to on ATS as) Medication M, UFO's, and a couple others that don't come immediately to mind.

I'm curious about this stuff... is Big Pharma blocking legit sites about Medication M? Gov group blocking other stuff? All together? Certain topics per corp, or all in on a virus-type list? Another thought is maybe it's a "Weak Campaign", simply put if the link goes nowhere, try the next site. Eventually, or rather, more often than not you will end up at a propaganda site simply by them putting a cookie on your computer that blocks access to certain sites. DoS attack, essentially, from the user end. The actual campaign being to shift the easy herd away from something that may make them become concerned (and possibly taking their crazy neighbor seriously). If you take into consideration the AVERAGE computer user, plus the amount of users who are below average concerning Internet usage, that is a GIANT impact on the type of media people receive!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have seriously found.
That some cookies alter my google search.
Ive done it with 2 pc's.
Next to each other.
One Firefox was loaded up with cookies.
The other was completely cleaned.
And they both gave different search results, on the same ip.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I must add...

I was getting about 10-18 popups from ATS the other night while logged in (all blocked by Firefox, of course) on every page I clicked. It was creepy, and so I shut down FF and restarted, they stopped.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yar, they alter search results for sure. I ws playing around with this about a week ago. I cleared out all my cookies, then did several searched for a certain product. Everywhere I went, I saw ads only for that certain product, and the original searches would show up different results (vary a bit each search). When I cleared out my cookies, I quit getting ads for (example) 26" Bicycle Tubes on Sale!. Try it out... you can get some really weird ads to pop up.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've had those issues as well. ATS dnenies that they come from them or their advertisers. It wouldn't surprise me if some other conspiracy site has inserted a virus that pops up only when you go to ATS. I always thought they probably came from rumormill news. I stoppped going there and they have tended to cease.

Or it could be the goverment in order to discourage visits to ATS.

Who knows, they go away real easy, so no big deal. The whole banner advertising thing drives me crazy if the ads aren't relevant to the site. Does anyone ever click on these things except by accident? I just can't understand how people make billions advertising a free genius test and stuff like that. Eventually it will flame out and we will be paying for internet packages. Hopefully ATS will be part of the standard package.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

I do a lot of research in the INTERNET, I found very hard to get information from the Government sites as they have not updated a lot of their information for years.

Still you can find information on almost everything on sources none of the government but because they are no backed by them they are no considered trustworthy.

Government is well known to manipulate data or just ignore people's request for information.

And as for Fluoride water you can not removed completely from your local drinking water as Fluoride is also found in natural quantities within the area were you live, some have more some have less.

That is why the standard for Fluoride is one fix all and that is misguided and dangerous.

The only way to remove as much as the added Fluoride in your water is with certain filters that will specified that they are for the removal of Fluorides.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I was actually doing the search (glad you reminded me) to find out if maybe microwaving fluoridated water combined or altered the chemicals (particularly fluoride) to be worse or better, betting on it worsening it. The reason I posted this was because this has become more frequent as of late, so I figured I'd post an example... some people may not know that they can gain access to a site simply by deleting their cookies.

Also, I'm still hinging on the weak campaign scenario. Herding the blind away from the exposed machinery that may wake them. How many times have you done it: "Hmm... I'm curious about ____." and you do a quick search. First link doesn't work, but that's ok... G**gle brought up a whole bunch of results (half of the links don't work, but you figure it's just because they are smaller pages hosted on some free site that dumps a bit of cash to big G for a bit of metatag host biasing). What if you had thought to clear out your cookies. I've done it a bit, as well. Just a hurried (and in the end, fruitless) search for something to think about for the walk to work... yep.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I clean my cookies and history everyday, I know is a pain in the neck for I prefer doing that.

As for search engines I never used Goggle as I don't trust it as my primary searching engine, I have a program call Copernic that uses multiple engines to search on the same subject, occurs the program is free but I prefer the purchase version.

I learn a long time ago that search engines cater to those that pay the most first when it comes to prioritizing the sites you get in their search results.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This isn't as much an issue with G**gle itself, as much as somewhere we are getting blocking cookies. If I was thinking, I would've gone through some other search engines before deleting the cookies and been able to get the same result. I was purely being blocked from that particular site. It's really amazing how much cookies enhance or inhibit your internet experience, and when you put it into perspective you can plainly see how corporations (my guess) are attempting to shape your internet experience.

"No no, sir... please step this way. The correct information is this way. If you like, we can take your hand and lead you right there."

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I appreciate the warning about these cookies, but you also have me wondering about microwaves fluoride and fluoride multiplier effect. What did you find out?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
for what I read on some blogs is that microwave doesn't eliminate fluoride from the water because the fluoride in the water is an altered chemical compound of the natural element fluorine.

But you can distilled and eliminate as much as possible,still you get fluoride from the water you take bath with as it enters the body also thought the skin.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You might find it useful to read up on cookies looking into how they work and don't work and referrer from the HTTP request.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
...And as for Fluoride water you can not removed completely from your local drinking water as Fluoride is also found in natural quantities within the area were you live, some have more some have less. ...

Off-topic, but relevant nonetheless.

The fluoride that is drinking water from the ground is a different compound than the one added to drinking water. Look it up.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yes you are right, is a Chemical compound, but that amount added is a standard amount that doesn't take into consideration the natural amounts found in the water some areas are higher than areas.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you have firefox, why don't you have flashblock and adblock plus? You must have a virus. Please do a scan.

If you don't use firefox or another open source browser... why not? It's safer, much safer than IE.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
if you're using windoze, i suggest using Ccleaner each and every time you do anything online, it deletes all the crap you accumulate while surfing, including some of the malicious stuff. it isn't a replacement for antivirus and anti-spyware applications but i will get rid of a whole bunch of junk you really don't want hanging around on your hard drive. it's completely, 100% free and doesn't install any unwanted software on your computer. and no i don't work for whomever makes it, this isn't an advertisement, just advice for paranoid folks such as myself. www.ccleaner.com...

TheAssociate

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I also recommend CCleaner, it's the second piece of software I install on a new OS, after Firefox.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I ran across this article on Slashdot about governments and special interest groups using DDOS attacks to silence critics and limit access to information.

www.goodgearguide.com.au...

Wonder if what happened to the OP has anything to with what the article describes. Could our own government, or perhaps the aluminum manufacturers who are so keen on pouring their waste products into the water supply be using DDOS attacks to censor the internet?

TheAssociate

top topics

join