This is my first post...go light.
As has been discussed, there is a severe divide in philosophy regarding what is and is not reality. I propose that everything is a degree of said
reality, and that there are no real absolutes. Aristotle was wrong, something can be both A and not -A at the same time. Things are neither true or
false, but rather a degree of both. This "fuzzy thinking" views the world in shades of gray rather than in black and white. (Unity.)
So, in that vein, I have decided to attend a free "Weight loss and stop smoking" mass hypnotherapy session. I have no real conviction regarding the
pending success of this endeavor. It may work, it may not, it may work to a degree.
It forces the consideration of why it may/may not work.
IF IT DOES WORK, WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE EXPLANATIONS:
1. Could the sound vibrations be having an impact on genetic expression?
2. Could the shared "consciousness" of the group contribute to subliminal acceptance of the ideas?
3. To what extent do sound waves, energy, and group consiousness contribute to individual "evolution" (remember your fuzzy thinking) of thought and
4. Is group consciousness really vastly powerful, although immeasurable, and is the work of Princton's GCP (see tons of other threads) really just
the smallest tip of the iceberg in this reguard?
IF IT DOES NOT WORK, WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE EXPLANATIONS:
1. Could an unconscious unwillingness to accept ideas prevent the change from occuring?
2. We are all operating within our own, well defined context sets. Some can be shared and some cannot. Could a lack of shared context prevent
TORSION GIRL'S POSSIBLE (NON-ABSOLUTE) EXPLANATION(S):
Shared consciousness is playing a major role in eveything that happens. The bit that is measurable is well documented and scientific. When we
examine the success of mass-meditations and their outcomes, annother justification for this possibility is found.
The DNA of the single cell bacterium E-coli containes enough information to fill all of the books in any of the world's largest libraries. That is a
lot of information! What knowledge we have gained regarding our own DNA indicates that there is the possibility for change. What if our genetic code
is really the much larger information system participating in shared consciousness? Modern information theory recognizes genetic code as language,
and what of "JUNK DNA"? What else about us is undiscovered?
Key to this argument is that the message of DNA is independant of the medium, (chemical make-up), for what does A(adenine), T(thymine), C(cytosine)
and G (guanine) have to do with the content of our DNA? Nothing.
It is possible that our genetic make-up is in a constant state of change, and that when we examine it we are looking at a moment in time of genetic
expression. (All things possible).
We know that there are many variables that affect genetic make-up. Of course there are things that have an impact that are as of yet unidentified.
What might those other factors be? What of conscious intention and its role in the future of mankind?
As is the nature of "fuzzy thinking" there are more questions than answers. If the hypnotherapy works, I will still not know why. If it does not
work, I will not know why. If I am open enough to active intention, do I even need to try hypnotherapy? Hmmmm....
[edit: title - All Caps
[edit on 10-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]
[edit on 10-3-2009 by Torsion girl]