It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myth: Old bibles are truer than new ones and contains secrets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
No church father relied on any book outside of the 27 that we now call the New Testament in their writings. Not Thomas' gospel, Judas' gospel, or any other book.

Wrong!

The Shepherd of Hermas (quoted by Irenaeus as "scripture")
The Gospel of the Egyptians
The Gospel of the Hebrews

Justin's "Memoirs of the Apostles" includes the story of Jesus being born in a cave.
The 2nd Epistle of (pseudo-) Clement quotes from the Gospel of Thomas.
Clement of Alexandria also quotes from Pauline epistles that are no longer extant.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Nearly every Christian denomination from the Coptic, through the orthodox, the catholic to the protestant have different bibles containing different scriptures. Follow the link below for more info...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

The Catholic Church had the same Bible as the Protestants until the 14th or 15th century when they adpoted several intertestamental books. The Catholic NT is the same as the protestant. I think that the others [Orthodox, Coptic, et al] have the same NT but added OT books, I could be wrong though.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

The Catholic Church had the same Bible as the Protestants until the 14th or 15th century when they adpoted several intertestamental books. The Catholic NT is the same as the protestant. I think that the others [Orthodox, Coptic, et al] have the same NT but added OT books, I could be wrong though.

Well Marthin Luther's happening in Wittenberg happened in 1517, and before then, in Europe, if you owned a bible or cited from it in Latin or your native language you could or would be burnt at the stake. That's your friendly and sweet Pope's legacy. And if you practised medicine or believed the earth was round eventhough the geometry of Revelation proves it's globular and even tells the size of it, well, if you supported knowledge the Church had banned, you would end up at the stake then too. The Church had monopoly on any "knowledge" and education.

That bloody, inhumane and fascistic system should be eradicated, and the Vatican with everything they put artists and workers in slavery to build or make... It should be burnt down to the ground and never be missed or remembered -- in a single day it will tumble to the ground. They love goods and buildings more than men. The time is now. May the beasts kill the beasts, and leave that Harlot drunk and naked. What are they waiting for?

Blessed saint Michelangelo, and all the others who gave it all for nothing but agony and death, for the benefit of the Pope and his regime -- your time is coming. Your work was in vain, but the curses they put on your heads will soon be lifted. The perfect circle is back, and a 1000 perfect blues are mixed. A new renneisance is dawning. Come! Come! Amen.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Well Marthin Luther's happening in Wittenberg happened in 1517, and before then, in Europe, if you owned a bible or cited from it in Latin or your native language you could or would be burnt at the stake. That's your friendly and sweet Pope's legacy.

I'm not Catholic.

That bloody, inhumane and fascistic system should be eradicated, and the Vatican with everything they put artists and workers in slavery to build or make... It should be burnt down to the ground and never be missed or remembered -- in a single day it will tumble to the ground. They love goods and buildings more than men. The time is now. May the beasts kill the beasts, and leave that Harlot drunk and naked. What are they waiting for?

It will happen when the Antichrist sets up the Abomination of Desolation. That's what we're waiting for.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm not Catholic.

Well, I thought I knew that *I waesz taaalkken' two dhae waeourld, snip*

Me: That bloody, inhumane and fascistic system should be eradicated

It will happen when the Antichrist sets up the Abomination of Desolation. That's what we're waiting for.

Nope, that's Jerusalem. Not that I'm not awaiting that moment, but with Rome it's a slow and for me neverending process. Can't just the Jewish and Anglo-Germanic-American elite command their underdogs into work?!?! Burn the Gaddaempleyze daouwn? Michelangelo is in Hell because of the Pope. We love Michelangelo more than the Pope and his Vatican height, don't we? Well destroy it damnit! Make it become somewhere the future dino's can crap!

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

[Mod edit - removed derogatory comment]

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by devareous

Dont forget its the word of God written by mankind. Chinese whispers anyone

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Religion or faith or knowledge of the divine, and the books and schools discribing the phenomena, is written, but not invented by man. If you are a man of science and have the possibility to immagine what it would be for the first conciousness-driven beings able to see and feel and think etc, the levels of divinity, with man at the top here on earth, the observance of sound turning into music, the observation of more or less physical and or geometrical shapes turning into the most beautiful truths through math and language.... Hey, it's not manmade. The ancient books are glimpses of ancient tradition and sophia, esoteria and hidden knowledge as channelled by the All and the One, the Jah-veh Elochim or God, the consequence and origin of all logical thought and the reason behind reality as a phenomenon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join