It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Or Bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Gaza Or Bust

informationclearinghouse.info

The last 24 hours have probably been the blackest since the Viva Palestina convoy set off from London.

Yesterday the convoy members became the target of an orchestrated wave of violence first started by Egyptian police and then culminating in vicious attacks by unknown thugs.

The end result was a number of peace activists whose only aim is to take humanitarian aid into war torn Gaza were treated in hospital for head injuries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalize it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by semperfortis]

link   
I'll have more to say on this in the following post, but what gets me is that not only was a humanitarian convoy attacked, but the BBC version (also linked from here) reduced the attack to this:

On Sunday, there were reports that some Viva Palestina vehicles - which include a fire engine, ambulances and a boat on a trailer - had been pelted with stones and defaced in El-Arish which lies about 40km away from Rafah.

Comparing the two accounts reveals BBC bias quite nicely.

informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/11/2009 by semperfortis]

link   
It's absolutely disgusting. First, the aid convoy is attacked by Egyptian riot police.

Then, to make it even worse, the convoy is mysteriously attacked again by youths who know enough to disable the satellite feed, while the Egyptian police twiddle their batons and look on.

To compound the insults and injuries, the BBC don't even report what is a series of unwarranted attacks on UK citizens. Compare the two accounts - it's ridiculous. The incident is buried in an article that is about the "successful" arrival of the aid convoy in Gaza, and spends more time reporting George Galloway's posturings rather than the attacks. I've written to the BBC to complain because I think this is a dereliction of their duties, frankly.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

The BBC are a bunch of Morons
and so are SKY (one reason i canceled my SKY suscription)

The people who RUN the BBC are Pro Israel despite their efforts to hide it
with their so called neutrality, which is BOGUS and Humrous.

new topics

top topics

join