It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottom of the Stairs/old hag visits please help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Okay since i can remember i have always had this really, really weird feeling about the bottom of the stairs, i think it may be a ghost but i have never seen it only felt it, yknow the feeling as if someone is watching you or following you.

even as i write this i feel as if it is looking at me, i am pretty sure my house is haunted and have always thought that but i have never seen a thing only had weird feelings, i was wondering if it could be linked to an experience i had as a child when i woke up yet couldnt move and there was what sounded like an old lady
(i couldnt move with fear so i couldnt turn around)babbling into my ear random words not english or any language i know, and she was touching my shoulder while talking.

do you think these could be linked?

what could these be?

thank you.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Hunter 825]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
ZZaaahh? Wow, I would have been scared to death. Yeah, old ladies are crazy. Maybe one just snuck into your house and did that. You should have stolen her purse. On the serious side... I don't know much *cough* anything *cough* about this kind of thing, but from what I've read on this site it sounds like some entity putting a curse on you
. Sometimes though, the feelings are just normal. Sometimes. I know, because I have had that same feeling about alot of places in my house. In my old house, it was our long dark hallway. As a kid I was always afraid to walk down that.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ok that sounds scary, Have you looked into the history of the house?

i mean one good thing is that it has never harmed you, so i guess its a calm entity,

This could be linked to what you had as a kid, but from the sounds of your childhood experience, that sounds like sleep parylisis (sp)
Or old hag syndrom,.

Does anything else strange happen around you in the house?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Your original experience (with the old woman) sounds like a Night Hag.

I normally 'awaken' feeling a great weight pressing down on to my body. The weight is intense holding me down and pushing me into the mattress. As I become slightly more 'conscious' I realise that the weight is actually a person laying on top of me. The person is facing me and mirroring the way I am laid exactly. As I become more lucid the terror builds, as I know this 'person' to be pure evil.

It is so real I believe I'm awake when I'm actually dreaming. I can smell this person, hear and feel them breathing, although they never speak. I can also see everything in the room even when it's dark, every line and colour is perfectly lucid. It doesn't have to be a room I'm familiar with either, Hags have occurred when I have stayed in unfamiliar surroundings such as a hotel and I can reproduce the room exactly right down to tiny details such as, the angle of a picture or a chip in the furniture.

More here

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The second part with the old lady sounds like sleep paralysis or "old hag" syndrom. As for the stairs, do you know the history of your house? You could try to research it, perhaps some major event happened on the stairs that left energy behind. Or it could be a ghost.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i'd pull out the trusty 35 mm camera and start taking pics... but.. i'm a camera freak...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Okay thanks very much for the replies guys/girls its very much appreciated!

Could someone please tell me about this Old hag syndrome?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Okay.

I know exactly what this is, so I'm going to tell you right now how you're going to deal with this.

First, what you need to do is go down to city hall, and get a record for the house you're living in, and scrutinize everything that they have. Deed records, owners, tenants, everything.

Then, if you feel that there may be something to what you read, you should get a videocamera, and set it up. Leave it on all night.

When you review the tapes, you have to remember that you're not looking for an image (although you might see one) you're listening for sounds. If you hear sounds, intensely review that portion of tape.

If this still bothers you, what the next step is (and this is pretty strange, so don't be freaked) Set up the same camera in front of your television, pointed at it. Then, turn it on and go to bed. In the morning, review the tape. If your house is truly haunted, supposedly these spirits will be seen in the television. (this is a theory that I have seen in action, and it often works.
)

In any case, if it hasn't done anything to harm you or your family, you should be fine. If it has, I'd get in touch with someone more knowledgeable than I.

good luck.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Loki]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If you have'nt been to the
Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)
thread, you might wanna go...
(I can't remember who-all was on that..)

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, weather your house is haunted or not (sounds like it is)........you can CLEAR the air using a smudge (dryed sage)....you need to burn this smudge insence stick in EVERY room of your house, and open windows on the top levels for the smoke to vent.(it doesnt smell so good)... Smudgeing is a Native American practice wich chases off any NEGATIVE energys.....(tossing salt under the stair area wouldnt hurt either)............
While your burning the sage sticks throughout your home (closets, corners EVRYWHERE) TALK to the spirits, invite them to look around and find the bright white light.......tell them the light is safe, and that friends and family are waiting for them on the other side of the light.......tell them ALL IS WELL IN THE LIGHT.......the LIGHT is LOVE
You may want to chant "kadoish, kadoish, kadoish, Adonai sabeyoth" ......(that says 'Holy Holy Holy Lord God of hosts' in the ancient Hebrew language, and no entity NOT of the 'light' can abide these words)...say that mantra 3 times in each room..and it chases off anything from the dark side.........
Usually these lost souls just dont understand they have passed over and want reasurance that all is well.......but WHO really knows what they want, they are dead.
You can help them to move on, and thats all they really need is some help......they wouldnt be bugging you if they didnt think you could help.......

Call a Priest, or a Bishop, and ask to have your home blessed with Holy Oil.........(but the smudge works just as well and you CAN do this yourself)

any home or Apt SHOULD be cleansed in this manner to be FRESHENED for you and yours....no need for OLD ENERGYS to hang around.........give this technique a try if you just want them PLAIN OL GONE.........

If its PROOF your looking for follow the directions of Loki, very sound advise there......but smudging does nothing harmfull except for a burned sage smell....and its amazing how well one sleeps after a cleansing in this manner.........
Good luck with this...........

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well, weather your house is haunted or not (sounds like it is)........you can CLEAR the air using a smudge (dryed sage)....you need to burn this smudge insence stick in EVERY room of your house, and open windows on the top levels for the smoke to vent.(it doesnt smell so good)... Smudgeing is a Native American practice wich chases off any NEGATIVE energys.....(tossing salt under the stair area wouldnt hurt either)............
While your burning the sage sticks throughout your home (closets, corners EVRYWHERE) TALK to the spirits, invite them to look around and find the bright white light.......tell them the light is safe, and that friends and family are waiting for them on the other side of the light.......tell them ALL IS WELL IN THE LIGHT.......the LIGHT is LOVE
You may want to chant "kadoish, kadoish, kadoish, Adonai sabeyoth" ......(that says 'Holy Holy Holy Lord God of hosts' in the ancient Hebrew language, and no entity NOT of the 'light' can abide these words)...say that mantra 3 times in each room..and it chases off anything from the dark side.........
Usually these lost souls just dont understand they have passed over and want reasurance that all is well.......but WHO really knows what they want, they are dead.
You can help them to move on, and thats all they really need is some help......they wouldnt be bugging you if they didnt think you could help.......

Call a Priest, or a Bishop, and ask to have your home blessed with Holy Oil.........(but the smudge works just as well and you CAN do this yourself)

any home or Apt SHOULD be cleansed in this manner to be FRESHENED for you and yours....no need for OLD ENERGYS to hang around.........give this technique a try if you just want them PLAIN OL' GONE.........

If its PROOF your looking for follow the directions of Loki, very sound advise there......but smudging does nothing harmfull except for a burned sage smell....and its amazing how well one sleeps after a cleansing in this manner.........
Good luck with this...........

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I havent a CLUE why my post showed up in here twice.........maybe my computor has a GHOST now as well?????
Cripes I am getting out my smudge stick!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Everyone has old beings watching over them. Some people are more sensitive and can sense these beings and some houses and places have the right types of energy to make these beings' own energy magnified so that people can perceive the beings. I have an old woman that watches over me and she is the sweetest lady you could ever want to meet.

I can understand why people are scared but there really is nothing to be scared about; and the old people get upset when they try to contact us and we freak out so much. We freak out so much that they stay hidden and don't make contact, and as a result we miss out on having relationships with very wise old beings.

We're all infatuated with beauty and glowing sparkly things like orbs but when we see an old wrinkly hag we assume she must be evil. But we too will one day be old and wrinkly, and those old spiritual beings are just nannies that watch over us with love and caring. Just because they don't look beautiful doesn't mean they are evil.

Speak to the spirit and tell her that you feel frightened and want to understand what is happening and why she is there. She may try to make contact or leave a message for you to help you through all this.

The main thing is to stay calm and not freak out or get frightened over something which is quite natural and is happening to each and every one of us.

new topics

top topics

join