It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Il wins re-election with 99.98% turnout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hello, all no surprise that he was re-elected ... i'm just curious as to how 99.98% turned out to vote? where are the other .02% ... probably in work camps is my thought

Kim Jong Il was unanimously re-elected to North Korea's rubber-stamp parliament, state media said Monday, in elections closely watched for signs of a political shift or hints the autocratic leader is grooming a successor.

Turnout Sunday was 99.98 percent, with all voters backing the sole candidate running in their constituency, the official Korean Central News Agency reported.

Observers will be analyzing the list of legislators for clues as to how Kim and the ruling elite will govern the Communist nation over the next five years, and any signs he is grooming a successor.

Kim's third son, Kim Jong Un, reportedly ran for a seat Sunday in what analysts say would be a strong sign he is poised to inherit power. The 26-year-old is the youngest of the leader's three known sons and is said to be his father's favorite.

Kim, 67, reportedly suffered a stroke last August, around the time the elections were due to be held. North Korea denies he was ill and did not provide a reason for the delay to March.

Full Article Here

thoughts?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thats what happens when you run unaposed. Shesh oh Pete. I wonder what happened to the .02% that didnt vote? (It was probably manditory to vote for Kim)

:shk: Don't give our government any ideas, 2012, sole candidate Obama wins in a landslide!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
probably paid/blackmailed som folks to vote against him to make the election seem more legit. Alternately, those .2% were illiterate folks who just couldn't spell his name right.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Carlthulhu

probably paid/blackmailed som folks to vote against him to make the election seem more legit.

Who the hell did they vote for? Kim was the only one on the ballot and they probably had the army in the voting booths.

You vote for kim now! (click) NOW!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yes if they vote against hime they watch as everyone they love is slowly tortured to death. Then they get to be taken apart piece by piece, most people are not willing to do that for any reason...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, the "Vote or Die" phrase probably has a deeper meaning over there.

Vote for me or die in a camp.... great way to win an election.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Poor kimmy...even with 99.98% of the voters re-electing him, he still feels so ronery

Google Video Link

new topics

top topics

join