It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon knowingly exposed troops to cancer-causing chemicals, document shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

A newly leaked military document appears to show the Pentagon knowingly exposed US troops to toxic chemicals that cause cancer, while publicly downplaying the risks exposure might cause.

The document, written by an environmental engineering flight commander in December of 2006 and posted on Wikileaks (PDF) on Tuesday, details the risks posed to US troops in Iraq by burning garbage at a US airbase. It enumerates myriad risks posed by the practice and identifies various carcinogens released by incinerating waste in open-air pits.

A military document released last December found that chemicals routinely exceeded safe levels by twice to six times.

The leaked report was signed off by the chief for the Air Force's aeromedical services. Its subject is Balad Airbase, a large US military base about 70 kilometers north of Baghdad.

"In my professional opinion, the known carcinogens and respiratory sensitizers released into the atmosphere by the burn pit present both an acute and a chronic health hazard to our troops and the local population," Aeromedical chief Lt. Colonel James Elliott wrote.

According to the document, a US Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventative Medicine investigator said Balad's burn pit was "the worst environmental site I have ever personally visited," including "10 years working... clean-up for the Army."

"Though military officials say there are no known long-term effects from exposure to burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan, more than 100 service members have come forward to Military Times and Disabled American Veterans with strikingly similar symptoms: chronic bronchitis, asthma, sleep apnea, chronic coughs and allergy-like symptoms. Several also have cited heart problems, lymphoma and leukemia," Army Times reporter Kelley Kennedy wrote in December.

"A lot of soldiers in my old unit have asthma and bronchitis," a staff sergeant stationed in Iraq in 2005 was quoted as saying. "I lived 50 feet from the burn pit. I used to wake up in the middle of the night choking on it."

Full Article Here

This is outrageous! how could the Pentagon allow this? they should be charged with murder ... but they probably won't ... i can't believe this was allowed ... how could they do this to our servicemen? they are the ones who are out there risking there lives for the people ... it's as if they could care less about their well-being as long as they're killing "terrorists" ... thoughts?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh, my darling. This is totally not a surprise. There is an evil faction in control, and they aim to eradicate the Humans of this planet.

That is how they're "allowed" to do this.

When they have humans captive in a system, they will experiment and otherwise toy with them. I believe that we could change this, but it is the eleventh hour and there is little time.

I suggest you read my book, linked in my sg. It is a fictional framework in which I offer a map out of this hell.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice thread,
fuel for Chemtrail de-bunkers this ..
But, do you have an source link, brother ?

I saw it .
The link that is .

[edit on 10-3-2009 by ChemBreather]

join