It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing machine liberated women most?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by Blogstalker

The washing machine was invented by a woman.

Google it.

Cool...so then women liberated themselves. Which is the way it has always been.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When I was relatively young my mother and brothers once weekly filled the Rider Wagon with clothes and walked the journey to clean clothes.......

You do what you have to do.....

It was about a 35-40 min walk, but it gave meaning to our lives.

Nothing like the feel of those fresh sheets and clean clothes!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
We all disagree with many of the past social treatment of women.

But I have been wondering lately, are women happier now!? Really??

Or where they happier in the 30-50's? When women were women, and men were men?

It's just something that popped up in my head, at what time where women in general happier?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

What is this? "When women were women, and men were men"? Please explain. Last I checked, you either have one of two things down there (rare cases excuded) and regardless of if you want to claim gay/straight or inbetween, nature and your hormonal makeup has spoken. I generally think people tend to be unhappy when they deviate from the "norm" society pushes them into based on sex or race or whatever, and bucking that status quo is taxing and hard for those who seek to be true to themselves. Whatever happened to individuals? Do we have to still assign ourselves to gender based details to be accepted and find happiness? I found mine by stepping outside the box and being me. I am a woman who is married with kids. I enjoy "masculine" activities like marksmanship, hunting, martial arts and exercise and I have a generally assertive personality. It still doesn't make me any less of a female human being than one who enjoys wearing frilly 18th century dresses, baking homemade bread, cowering before a man because of his "authority" over her, and finding joy and honor in her status as a walking uterus for said "man". The only thing that can liberate anyone is themself, and their own heart and mind. Only you know who you are, and only you can be true to it and live in that truth.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
No I don't think so. My vote would be for indoor plumbing.

Without indoor plumbing, there would not even be a washing machine, and women would be hauling buckets of water all day.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Shoot, I wash and iron the clothes in my house...and wash the dishes! And I am the husband! But my wife cooks and cleans mainly. So it is evens-stevens...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Haha trust the Vatican to be so out of touch with.... well everything.
Also didn't the church repress woman for the last 2000 years or so?So maybe woman just woke up and broke the shackles of religious oppression.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm not religious. I even made the "Would you stop believing if religion is a proven lie" topic.
Nevertheless, I do believe "they" are bringing Christianity down and the Pope is either a senile old man, disconnected from the World, or he's just playing along, along with all the others in the Vatican.
I believe Christianity in the western world has been a valid method of population control for centuries. Now it's over, ineffective, and it's time to bring it down and put something else in its place. Namely consumism, for instance.

That's why we will keep listening to things like these and other really stupid things on years to come.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
One wonder's if the Pope has a vacume cleaner? I know Russell Brand the English 'funny man' has made public his love of the 'Henry' vacume cleaner. Henry is a larger machine rather powerful which is pulled across the floor, Russell has admitted there is 'no loss of suction'.

So it's washing machines for the girls and henry cleaners for the boy's, certainly makes a filthy situation real clean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join