It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detainees Say They Planned Sept. 11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Detainees Say They Planned Sept. 11

www.nytimes.com

The five detainees at Guantánamo Bay charged with planning the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks have filed a document with the military commission at the United States naval base there expressing pride at their accomplishment and accepting full responsibility for the killing of nearly 3,000 people.
The document, which may be released publicly on Tuesday, uses the Arabic term for a consultative assembly in describing the five men as the “9/11 Shura Council,” and it says their actions were an offering to God, according to excerpts of the document that were read to a reporter by a government official who was not authorized to discuss it publicly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Disclosure?

Or just another cover up to lay to rest those pesky CT's once and for all.

According to the report, the document which was filed and contains the "confessions" may be released today.

If it is, it will be interesting to see if it measures up against the wealth of knowledge available on the subject of the 911 attacks.

The major problem is that people were fed so many lies by the Bush administration that few with real knowledge are likely to believe this report, coming as it does so soon after Obama took office and vowed to close gitmo.

the men seek no specific legal action, and indeed, appear to be boasting of their prowess and ability to plan and carry out the attack as they sought martyrdom.

If the full document is released, it will, at the very least make for interesting reading.

Whether it lays to reast the various CT's surrounding 911 remains to be seen.

I, for one, doubt it will - at least until the plethora of un-answered questions are properly addressed.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Of course its a coverup. Given the routine torture and horrid living conditions these prisoners were exposed to, they could have made them say anything.

Sign the paper, or eat a cockmeat sandwich? I'd sign whatever they put in front of me.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikmti
Of course its a coverup. Given the routine torture and horrid living conditions these prisoners were exposed to, they could have made them say anything.

Sign the paper, or eat a cockmeat sandwich? I'd sign whatever they put in front of me.

Indeed, give me 2 weeks with anyone and i can get them to sign any document stating that they shot jfk.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Two problems with this -
(with the story - not with Budski)

1 - It's the New York Times. They've lost all credibility due to all their lies, fake news pieces, and bias. The story may or may not be accurate.

2 - I think these guys may have been building themselves up and trying to make themselves out to be more important prisoners then they are. Terrorists get a sick twisted pleasure from being thought of as terrorists. I think they may have lied.

If you read accounts of the GITMO prisoners it seems that they puff themselves up either to look more important to the other prisoners or to look like a bigger man to their captures. It's psychological.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I wouldnt put too much weight on that 'confession'.

Its amazing what someone will say given the right incentives.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The New York Times?
They're still around? (Can we get a bailout here?!? Little bailout here!)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yes , at last, a confession from the 'terrorists'.

Who says 'brainwashing' and torture doesn't work?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yeah, sure, an offering to God. Unbelieveably, Muslims don't practise sacrifice to their deity of choice. That was actually what they overturned when the religion was founded.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
For a second i thought George Bush I and II and Dick Cheyney, Henry Kissinger, Donald Rumsfield and the other shower of #e had been arrested and detained.....

But i guess that's wishful thinking eh?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
So... after only eight years of detention and [insert apropriate activities here] they quickly confessed! Well, I guess that is that then, all go home, nothing to see here... err, no.

No, I don't think the group mind will accept this one as fait accompli.

Round and round the wheel of lies goes, where it will stop nobody knows...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikmti

Deprive me of sleep, torture me and I would admit to killing JFK after a while even though I wasn't born yet.

This is just yet another attempt by the powers that be to sit and deny the truth of the occurrence. One of these days people will stand up en masse and say they've had enough...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
it could be. I mean, it is possible that the masterminds of 911 inside job has used some caveman to make sure that the public will receive someone to blame on the plate. but frankly I think that even that kind of puppets (possibly the Osama) are still save in some shelter.

anyway it does not change anything. the evidence is powerfull. 911 was an inside job!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join