It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples of Political Correctness gone wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Somethings just make you shake your head in disgust.
2 news items today made me ask, just what the hell are we thinking?

1. We have all heard about the horrendous fires in Victoria last month.

well, today came this little snidbit:

A FIREFIGHTER with 40 years experience has been axed for swearing during the Black Saturday bushfire crisis.

John Willis lost his job as captain of a Gippsland brigade for swearing on emergency radio when his crew allegedly ignored instructions and put their lives at risk, the Herald Sun reports.

At the time, the dairy farmer was battling a blaze on his property that threatened a house and burnt out 50ha of pasture.

"If I did swear, it was out of frustration, not anger. When it (a fire) is on your own dunghill, it's a different story," he said.

After we spend weeks looking for charity and claiming these people as hero's.. he's fired.. because he swore.
For crying out loud, hundreds perished in these fires, it must of been an inferno and they were fighting it tooth and nail..
swearing? I cant think of a lot worse.

Then, I saw this:

Lollipop man Charlie Cremona has been a happy face welcoming the children of Deer Park North Primary School in Melbourne's west for the past 18 years.

After standing in the sun, rain and wind twice daily for all those years, he was stunned when told recently he must stop “high-fiving” students and parents on his Hovell St crossing, the Brimbank Leader reports.

Brimbank General Manager of City Development Peter Collina confirmed the ban was in response to a parent’s complaint about “a number of concerns, including that of physical contact with the children”.

High Fiving kids on their way to school?

Are you for REAL?

anyone else got an example of stupid decisions?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
AWW come on, some people so should get a life!

I do understand both stories, but firing (pun not intended) him after 40 years of experience?
And why don't the parents just tell their children not to touch him? Or don't they have the guts to educate their own children according to their own sad lives?

I'm not sure what's worse, close-minded people or PC people, or are they the same?

Blessed be,
Samuel

p.s. OP, please give us the links!

EDIT to add:
Lollipop1
Lollipop 2
Firefighter 1

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Aldolas]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I can't think of anything lately that comes close to those stupid things. Big deal if the firefighter cursed, but of course that will lead to a lawsuit, and he probably deserves money. It sounds like the kids parent/s are going to make that kid a weirdo. So sad.

join