It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo detainees say they planned September 11: report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I would like to hear it straight from these detainees mouths..
No documentation, no MSM BS....from them...With a accredited psychologists and camera showing millions...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I wasn't the one who suggested they were tortured and the article I read said nothing of torture, so my post was germaine to the discussion because your post about whether they were tortured or not invited it.

I was referring to the fact that it has already been acknowledged that torture has been practiced there.

False confessions can be brought about through torture.

My statement was strictly psychologically...rather than politically...motivated.

Hope that clears up my position...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
from older article

"Mohammed continued: “We have been five years under torturing,” he said, and yet are being told to listen to American attorneys they’ve barely met. “All of this has been taken under torturing, and after torturing they transfer us to Inquisitionland in Guantanamo.”

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I respect your stance in that regard and you are right. There has been a history of what some call torture. My posistion was that torture in any form has been condemned by President Obama. I find it hard to believe that them being tortured 3 months ago led them to confess a few days ago. Unless torture is still being used there, if that is the case then President Obama has some answering to do.

Honestly, I don't think they had anything to do with it. The article stated that they came to the decision to confess after having a little pow wow with other detainees absent of any lawyers. They are using this as an oppurtunity to be martyred for their cause.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Except the part were you're wrong.

There WERE people looking. There WERE people taping it. There WERE people who know it wasn't hijackers.

So it wasn't that the government did it and no one saw them. There are MANY evidence/tapes/documents SHOWING the government was behind it.

These men taking the blame finally is fake.

They didn't do it, and the REAL people who did it know it. They just want to "manipulate" public opinion about what really happened by finding escape goats.

Not to mention with the war on Iran coming, the perpetrators (bankers who are behind it with the government) need to make people hate muslims again.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hummm....something just does not ring true here. Something smells fishy...

I am going to sleep on it. But nontheless...very interesting development indeed.

Wait...it is coming to me now...can we check thier handwriting against the notes that were found in the bags...that were so conveniently left behind...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I dont agree.
No need to be so over the top in attempting to show an outrageous plot.
It could of been a hell of a lot simpler than your made up events, sorry you just lost me when you wrote that.

As was said,

7yrs of waterboarding
7yrs of stress positions
7yrs of blackrooms, no food, mistreatment.

No one can seriously take this as legit, no matter what the circumstances are.
And for that you can blame the Bush admin, because they used waterboarding and other methods on other people, that means everyone in that camp becomes tainted, because no one will ever know who was tortured and who wasnt.

Personally, I believe the CIA assisted Alqaeda,
And that the torture has been nothing but their attempt to make them forget about the odd member who kept pushing this plan.

From my understanding,
Obama closed Guantanamo the second he got elected.
So I dont know how your all of a sudden rejecting the notion that this is Bush's creation.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Funny timing, It's Osamas birthday today.

osamas 52..

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It's not a valid question. The difference between the two?

The Bush administration ordered that torture, and even described how it should be done. If it happened under Obama's watch, then he lied and said he didn't order it, and then it came out that he did... well then, you sir, would have something to compare it to.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by jd140

It's not a valid question. The difference between the two?

The Bush administration ordered that torture, and even described how it should be done. If it happened under Obama's watch, then he lied and said he didn't order it, and then it came out that he did... well then, you sir, would have something to compare it to.

Read my last post.

I still think it is a valid question and I personally didn't accuse him of ordering it. If it happened under his watch then he has some questions that needs answering.

I'm thinking that if torture did happen then it won't be connected to President Obama. Could you imagine the damage that would cause him. It would almost garuntee him losing the next election and mids would go to the Republicans.

No, if it did happen, the soldiers will take the rap, no matter who ordered it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It's not even close. You said, "like they did Bush", so you've already laid the ground for the context of the question. No, they can't blame Obama like they blamed Bush unless Obama ordered it like Bush did.

There is a big difference in making something to happen, and having something happen without being aware of it. My opinion of Obama would be directly related to what he did to those that allowed the torture to happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by jd140

It's not even close. You said, "like they did Bush", so you've already laid the ground for the context of the question. No, they can't blame Obama like they blamed Bush unless Obama ordered it like Bush did.

There is a big difference in making something to happen, and having something happen without being aware of it. My opinion of Obama would be directly related to what he did to those that allowed the torture to happen.

Please they accused Bush before anything was released. Thats why I said like they did Bush. Besides that, torture was not implied in any part of the article. Another poster brought up torture there by laying the ground work that torture was used.

As for the rest of your post, refer to the last portion of my previous post.

I'm not going to go back and forth about this with you, I stated my posistion on the subject last night and gave you an extended explanation in my last post. As far as I'm concerned the thread is dead as I have nothing left to contribute by going back and forth about it with you.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Links to real cold hard facts not blogs or people opinions or fake youtube videos would suffice as real evidence.

Thanks

[edit on 10-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet. A government official leaked the story...hmm, I wonder why? I suppose it could be true, but it just seems like it's a purposeful leak to attempt to quell the questions that seem to be popping up more and more. Just curious as to what others think of this story.

I have a feeling if this does get released to the public, it may still bring more questions than answers.

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

*edit* Fixed a typo

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Pimpish]

Thank you for posting a well thought out statement about this. I was fully expecting to see some pro 'Bush' supporter going off and saying how he was right all along. What the ones who still support his actions will say is that this proves they were right in doing what they did.

The only MAJOR problem with that theory is the simple fact that these men have been in prison for nearly 8 years and have NEVER admitted to this 'blessing' and 'act of God' before? If they are heroes then they would have been spouting off about it from the beginning! But alas, there will be those that will take this as a fact and that these men are saying this of their own free will. No 'interrogation' with 'water' involved at all. Just a simple confession.

Yup, I'll buy that. And I have some septic swamp land for sale for ANYONE who does buy this garbage.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Or it could be like what the FBI did in OK City - they supposidly planted the project - provided what ever assistance - even allowed bank robberies - and according to terry nichols, I think he said the FBI provided the blasting cap ...

Eyewitness and TV News reports:
1. ATF had all kinds of hardware stored there, in a building with day care.
2. Multiple Bombs were removed from building - Tim McV. - Charges mention the one truck bomb ... and isnt it weird how wtc '93 truck bomb too.

Things are just darn screwed up these days - you sort have to SIGH every now and then ... depressing isnt it... ~sigh

[edit on 10-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
In my Opinion this is a plain an simple NWO fabricated LIE!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
OHHH OOOKAYYY. It all makes sense now. Back to sleep people, move along...nuttin' to see here.......

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

If this is a purposeful leak then I see the government still aren't acknowledging the 1000's of death subsequent to 9/11 because of the infectious air causing respiratory issues.

Profanities are the only thing that spring to mind.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this just heats up racial tensions. In my school there's a gang war going on between whites and Black/ Asian muslims. And the whites always call the muslim kids terrorists

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join