It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo detainees say they planned September 11: report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

www.newsdaily.com

WASHINGTON, Mar. 10, 2009 (Reuters) — The five detainees at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay prison camp charged with plotting the September 11 attacks have filed a document expressing pride at their accomplishment and accepting responsibility for the deaths of nearly 3,000 people, The New York Times reported on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet. A government official leaked the story...hmm, I wonder why? I suppose it could be true, but it just seems like it's a purposeful leak to attempt to quell the questions that seem to be popping up more and more. Just curious as to what others think of this story.

I have a feeling if this does get released to the public, it may still bring more questions than answers.

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

*edit* Fixed a typo

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Pimpish]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yeah I just saw this. I don't buy it.
I don't know exactly WHAT happened on 9/11, but I don't think the story they gave us checks out...
Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The obvious question must be asked:

Was it a confession bourne of torture?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I wonder how many times they had to waterboard and electroshock them before they came up with this wonderful confession? It's been over 7 years, and they decide to come forward now? And they're suddenly PROUD of it?

Not buying it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
So umm.. who actually planned 9/11 then...?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The obvious question must be asked:

Was it a confession bourne of torture?

If so then would that mean all those who wants Bush brought up on war crimes accuse President Obama of crimes against humanity?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Well according to just about all the tin foil hats around here that would mean they planted tons of shaped charges all over the twin towers when nobody was looking then set off a perfect detonation sequence while they flew a drone into the Pentagon and drove a plane into the ground in PA and was able to have the whole thing blamed on the Bush Administration.

I don't believe it at ll. Not one word.

It would just be simpler if they flew planes into all of of the above mentioned locations Simple Blow Back from the US/CIA screwing around with peoples lives in the middle east for the past 60 or so years.
We Got Slammed on Sept 11th
Simple as that.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I agree with all you posters on this thus far. Who knows what happened to them in that facility after five years.

I smell poop.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't buy it.
I'm too tired to check the source's credentials at the moment... but I most certainly don't buy it.

How many people were said to be the masterminds behind 9/11 now? A couple dozen?

How convenient they should turn up with 5 more when the world is demanding Guantanamo be closed.

I smell something... and it's the complete opposite to not being fecal matter.

In short, Oh gimme a break.
I don't trust a word those torturing morons say.

link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I wonder how many times they had to waterboard and electroshock them before they came up with this wonderful confession? It's been over 7 years, and they decide to come forward now? And they're suddenly PROUD of it?

Not buying it.

they have been saying it for awhileRamzi Binalshibh

link   
It also said that they wanted to be martyrs...oops, I guess? Messed that one up a bit. If they wanted to be martyr's so bad, you would think they would have been on the planes. I also agree that if they were so proud of it, you'd think they would have taken credit much sooner.

But there is no accounting for crazy, so who knows

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So these prisoners wrote this document without lawyers help.

What would possibly be the motive for them to make such a statement?
This just in from NYTimes:
www.nytimes.com...

It appears that the men wrote the document at meetings they are permitted to conduct periodically at the detention camp without lawyers.
In his brief court order describing the filing, the military judge who has been handling the case, Col. Stephen R. Henley of the Army, said the men sought no specific legal action. Judge Henley ordered that the filing be released immediately, but officials said objections from lawyers for two of the men had held up release Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Peace

edit to add: ok i will flag this one...good catch

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish
It also said that they wanted to be martyrs...oops, I guess?

The whole point of being a Martyr is to be remembered in death.

If they hang these guys, they get exactly what they wanted... all they had to do is lie.

Can't find the real plotters,
so a wannabe is good enough.

Next up, 32 more masterminds are discovered in Iran, Pakistan, North Korea, or wherever the US wants to bomb next.

After that, we'll have to resort to calling them "Overlords of the Masterminds"... otherwise, people might actually start asking the obvious questions.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
If so then would that mean all those who wants Bush brought up on war crimes accuse President Obama of crimes against humanity?

Your question is not germaine to the discussion...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
In every sense of the word torture, I find a once rightfully proud nation and people of the United States reduced to utter despotism. The revulsion is about God given rights violated, something sacred. It is present in what we should be totally ashamed of being our prison system as well.

How did we become this lost, when many Americans casually embrace this moral evil? This is so far beyond any notion of a "crisis of confidence," whereas the utter indifference to basic humanity hurts me personally. Yes I take this personally, regardless of the bogus violent religions surrounding it from both sides. The moral high ground is gone, but I at least know from myself and many others that tremendous burden of trying to uphold that high ground in the presence of enemies to freedom. No puppet President seems to be able to reject what seems to be orders of imposition in a caprice of heavily monetary interests.

One cannot reject this country that has so often represented a beacon to the entire world of greatness and true justice. Daily however, it seems the enemies of freedom have taken away too much, and given nothing but revulsion in return.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Okay.

I don't believe that they were tortured. They want to be martyred (sp?) because they think it will divide the American People. But if they were tortured would President Obama be accused of crimes against humanity?

Better?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

But if they were tortured would President Obama be accused of crimes against humanity?

Better?

No.

Obama had nothing to do with it, did he?

And your question seems politically charged and as such can be construed as baiting. I'm not biting...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I Call Complete Bull#...

how much of a "coincidence" is it that all this is falling under "Obamas" watch, mister "peaceful" himself, i don't buy it one bit, 911 was an inside job, the government/Bilderberg not only knew about but planed it and pulled it off.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

But if they were tortured would President Obama be accused of crimes against humanity?

Better?

No.

Obama had nothing to do with it, did he?

And your question seems politically charged and as such can be construed as baiting. I'm not biting...

Sorry you feel I am baiting you. I feel that it is a valid question. I wasn't the one who suggested they were tortured and the article I read said nothing of torture, so my post was germaine to the discussion because your post about whether they were tortured or not invited it.

To answer your question. It happened under his watch so yes he had something to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join