It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A positive happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
With all the negative things going on in the world, I thought I would share a small thing that happened today.

My mother posted her old refrigerator for sale on craigslist. It took her about 5 minutes before she got her first call, and she made an appt for the guy to come look at it the next day (which was today). I was on hand to help move the thing into his truck. She wanted $200 (It's easily worth $200, its a nice fridge) but they ended up settling on 170. He gave her 200 and she went to get him change whilst we moved the fridge to the back of his truck. We finished up and she gave him his change. I don't know what she was thinking, but she actually handed him his change, plus the original 200 back on accident. He looked at it and immediately gave her the $200 back. She thanked him obviously and he said, I'm not that kind of guy.

It's really a very minor thing, but it made me feel good to know that people like this are still out there. He could have easily walked away with her change plus the $200 he gave her, and she would have been none the wiser until he was gone (since she thought she left the 200 in her room). Just felt the need to post some positive news, all of your fellow man are not scum!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's nice to hear something like this. It gives me hope that there are still decent people left. Sometimes, I really have to wonder.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Good for him...

He had more respect for himself, and your mom, than he did for $30 bucks.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
A very honest thing to do in a very Dishonest world. If there were moe of his kind maybe we would all be better off.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Great thread!

It is nice to hear something positive as opposed to all of the negativity all of the time.

It is nice to know that there are people who realize that human behavior, above all else, is a choice.

www.thevenusproject.com

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I do contracting. I did a job for a lady who paid me in cash, 2800. After the job , she paid me 2850. I told her and gave back the 50 dollars. From that , she referred me to 2 other customers. I love karma

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It is indeed nice to hear about the deeds of good people.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Do people actually have to read this to know that there are alot of good people out there? Do you all think humanity is scum?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Do people actually have to read this to know that there are alot of good people out there? Do you all think humanity is scum?

It is just a breathe of fresh air.
All post here stated "People" not "person"
Noone said he was the first person to ever do something nice.
So another assumption apparently?

new topics

top topics

join