It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does coast to coast AM still deserve its popularity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if coast to coast AM still deserves its popularity.

I stopped listening to coast to coast a long time ago and I haven't looked back since. I know that people will listen to the show from time to time for entertainment but my problem is that the show doesn't really cover anything in substance.

They have all of these guests on. Yeah, that's good. They're getting the word out. But they lack substance. They'll just have someone talk about their book. It's lame.

I've been listening to other shows. I wanted to listen to a conspiracy radio show. I listened to coast to coast AM in the hopes that they would talk about governmental conspiracies. But I was proven wrong once again. The only conspiracy they talk about is one with aliens and UFOs. I like some of their shows. Some of their shows are honest to goodness good shows. That one show about aspartame really got me to think about what kinds of things I eat and drink. But George is too nice. He's not like Alex Jones. I just started listening to Alex Jones's show a while ago and I really like it a whole lot more than George. He can hold his own. He doesn't need someone to tell him everything. I've also started listening to a show that is about the paranormal phenomenons and it's really a lot better. You can actually chat with the people listening and the guests there. On coast to coast AM they only have chats every few months and it's hard to make them.

I think George is too soft really. He doesn't ask good questions and he ends up sounding like a newbe to conspiracy theorists. I don't think the show deserves its popularity. What is your take?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I haven't been fortunate enough to be able to hear a current show. I only tune in on some weekends while driving home at night and it's usually rerun shows that are up to ten years old. That really sucks.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
AM coast to coast is wonderful.

I live in Kansas have family in southern Oklahama and in laws in Virginia. Going down the road for 10-18 hours listening to music gets old. Some of the stuff they have on there is great, some is good and the rest is laughable.

Get satellite radio. Your talk show options expand a great deal. There are conspiracy (aliens,ufos, NWO, etc), conservative, liberal, sports and anything in between. Plus its only like 7 dollars a month.

I got rid of ours because the wife never listened to it and I ride a Harley so it was only getting used 2 months out of the year.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I had never heard of coast to coast prior to becoming a member on ATS, and I do time to time check it out, but I don't see anything particuarly interesting or in depth, and a lot of the articles and pictures are on there for way too long, not enough updates. Personally I don't care for it.

edit to add: I have never listened to their radio show, I am only talking about my website experiences with them.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Starting to think you have something against C2C and that you have somekind of personal agenda with them. This is your 3rd topic putting the show down within about a months time.

Has Coast to Coast become too commercialized?
posted on 20-2-2009 @ 02:46 AM

Is cosat to coast a misinformation show?

posted on 22-2-2009 @ 01:14 AM

I don't listen very much anymore and canceled my stream link account with them out of boredom and hearing about the same topics, or topics I know are false too much. I use to take them for their entertainment value, but that kind of value isn't very long lasting once you've heard the stories before. So I still keep in touch with their schedule and listen in if I like the topic on the radio.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I don't listen very much anymore and canceled my stream link account with them out of boredom and hearing about the same topics, or topics I know are false too much. I use to take them for their entertainment value, but that kind of value isn't very long lasting once you've heard the stories before. So I still keep in touch with their schedule and listen in if I like the topic on the radio.

I share similar sentiments that you do. I just simply can't listen to coast to coast for its entertainment value.. People say it's an entertaining show but I don't see how it's an entertaining show when they keep regurgitating the same stories over and over.

Starting to think you have something against C2C and that you have somekind of personal agenda with them. This is your 3rd topic putting the show down within about a months time.

I don't have some personal agenda with C2C. But you're right in assuming that I have something against them. I think coast to coast is a mockery of conspiracy theories. i don't think George does conspiracy theories justice. He has this really huge base of listeners but in my view he rarely touches on the important conspiracy theories so why does he get all the listeners? He seems to have gone down the rout of the history channel where he only has those end of the world type shows. I think they're good every once in a while but I think it tells you something when people consider him to be the leader of the conspiracy theory world. I think the show is a mockery of everything that is a conspiracy theory (or at least for the most part).

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
That show has gone down hill since Art left. It's just a lot of bologna now. 8 out of the 10 guests just blab on about a whole load of make-believe trash that not even the guest can substantiate or prove. I hear guests say things like "the aliens have big plans for us" and so on. Where do these nuts get this stuff, from their nightly fantasy dreams? It's like listening to church. Oh yeah, Jesus loves me? Well, prove it, damn it, show or tell us how you came to such findings or conclusions, or shut the hell up. Enough with the b.s. already, show me a real ET or bigfeet, or whatever damn evidence that convinced YOU that these things and your claims are real and true!!! (of course they can't, because they are all just playing make-believe and selling fictional books and DVDs)

And then 1 out of 10 guests talk about lame vanity things. "If you write the number 8 on a piece of paper and put it in your pocket, you'll become a millionaire tomorrow." GIVE ME A BREAK! Cuckoo, Cuckoo!

And then every once in a while they get someone on that really knows what they are talking about, and can back up their claims.

George Snoory isn't interested in the truth - as he said once before in a dispute I had with him once: "I take my career very seriously." Well, so it's ratings you're really interested in, eh Snoory? Snoory is the windbag of night time radio.

top topics

join