It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimp planned rock attacks on zoo visitors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

Well, with that wepon, the chimp could win, ..Planet of the Apes

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ah the day when military forces starts to draft the more evolved chimps to wage and fight wars. Now that's scary.

[edit on 2009-3-10 by pikypiky]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
That is what I call a really cheeky cheeky cheeky monkey.

Good on him.

Revenge of the Chimp……….

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
yep Private 1st Class Chimp. private chimp meet your new best friend. we call this the M203. Now you see these guys with the turbins around their heads? they live in caves too and they stole all your bannanas.

chimp snatches gun starts bouncing up and down OOOOOHHHH!!!!!! OOOOHHHHH!!AAAAHHHHH! AHHHHH!!!!!

Go get em! Private Chimp!!!

Bobo races out the back of a blackhawk into the afghani mountains. this time osamas going down. haven't you seen the headlines. travis the chimp? hello? aint nobody stopping a pissed off chimp if yo arm it right. and give it body armor. Lots of body armor. for it's own sake. Y' know. a chimp with loaded weapons and all.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Where people are seeing reflections of our own violent behaviour, I see proof that the chimp doesn't like to be caged and gawked at...

Get him out of there.

My thoughts as well.

The most insensitive, cruel and disgraceful "display" of animals was when I went to West Edmonton mall. Dolphins are confined in a small tank, "performing" several times daily for people walking past with their shopping bags.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
so this is the only species that can throw rocks at people and not be arrested and thrown in jail huh...

wait.. that's kind of redundant.

-

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i just noticed on the bottom of this page it says that one of the moderators is named watch_the_rocks.. i think ATS is in on it, supplying arms to monkey terrorists. you damn dirty apes.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Humans really are completely oblivious.

In time.....in time.

Originally posted by prevenge
so this is the only species that can throw rocks at people and not be arrested and thrown in jail huh...

wait.. that's kind of redundant.

-

No, ironic.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Shawn B.]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Clearly the chimp is a violent criminal, and it is fortunate that he is already in jail.

I say get 'em on the chain gang!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This does not surprise me in the least.
I mean he is closed in all day everyday he has to have some sort of fun.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Where people are seeing reflections of our own violent behaviour, I see proof that the chimp doesn't like to be caged and gawked at

Santino was born in a zoo in Munich.
He knows no other life than being kept in a zoo.

Though he might not like his surroundings to think this primate is aware of anything *outside* (his pen) must make this guy a phenomena! Genius of the Apres even!

They might have learned *tool use* but to attribute them with psychic abilities or the understanding to know there’s a jungle *out there* calling his name is a bit much for me.

Then again, who knows about the *Call of the Wild* eh?

peace

[edit on 13-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
animals are smarter than you think ...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This reminds me of a gorilla at the Detroit Zoo.....waited until my brother turned his back and then slammed into the glass full-force, pretty cool to see a powerful animal like that flexing his muscles up close.

I definitely feel bad for the more intelligent creatures forced to live in relatively tiny surroundings.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Gorillas are great like that. I remember visiting this one zoo when I was young and the gorillas exhibit had one of those 4 inch thick Plexiglas windows too. this one in a small cave like over hang where you could watch the gorillas in the shadows and not bother them too much by gawking at them. well the silver back was sitting with his back against said window and these little kids were banging on the glass trying to agitate the silverback. the gorilla was calm the entire time glancing black slowly from time to time to give the kids this disgusted stare as if he were thinking to himself. "OK you kids are really annoying knock it off already. Man I hate you guys, get a life." You can tell the silverback was trying to show patience but you could also tell that he was slowly getting more and more fed up. Suddenly he snaps, whipped around and brings both fists over head and slammed them down into the corners of the 4 inch thick window. he hit this thing hard. I thought he had broken it (he didn't but it probably was at the limit of what that glass could take) The kids scatter screaming. The silverback looks through the glass and scans the cave/room for any more kids. made eye contact with the few calm adults in the room and calmly turned right back around and sat back down with his back against the glass again. obviously relieved that the kids were gone. the adults didn't seem to bother him though. Guess cause we were more respectful.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Where people are seeing reflections of our own violent behaviour, I see proof that the chimp doesn't like to be caged and gawked at...

Get him out of there.

My first thought too, over 30 years, I'm guessing he knows more than we like to think, and he's had enough of being a clown?

Either that, or he finds it highly amusing lol.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I know the LA zoo had a few male gorillas that had learned to flip people the bird. probably through years of imitating the tourists who will do anything to get a rise out of other primates human or otherwise. But the gorillas had kept it as part of their repertoire as if they sorta know the general inflection of the gesture.

One of the orangutans at the LA zoo once clocked a kid with an orange. It was one of those field trip days at the zoo where every school in the city decides to go to the zoo. there was a mass of people surrounding the orangutan exhibit. One kid decided to throw and orange at he apes. landed close to the male. he calmly looked at it and walked over to it. the kid who had thrown it was now high fiving his buddies with his back turned to the ape. The ape picked up the orange looked at the kid who threw the orange looked back at the orange again and then threw the orange at the kid with enough force to knot only hit the exact kid who had thrown it (in the back upper left shoulder) but it knocked the kid forward a little. The orangutan which are pretty peaceful non confrontational apes can also throw produce with alarming accuracy and force.

I don't think the average human gets it that Apes "get it" and don't like being the runt of their gawking or jokes. they have pride too and will lash out when they get annoyed or indignant enough.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join