It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% Taxes Are Coming - March 9th 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You know what?

Everyone that is even ¼ watt above 'awake' these days knows that Glenn Beck is over the top and to be taken with a grain of salt.

People are really starved for good information about the world that surrounds them; most mainstream media is regurgitated cow#; Beck will at least take a chance with someone that sticks his neck out with an opinion even if it's far fetched.

Beck is furthering his ideas. He's not a rocket scientist and he screams about how uneducated he is fairly often. He is definitely free enterprise! Go baby! Sell as many books as you can. As long as he wakes people up to the "how's" and "why's" of our global financial catastrophe. He gets main stream interested.

You shouldn't slam David for bringing Beck into ATS forum. David always posts great finds. Some are Beck raving; least he is getting the info out there for us to see that we otherwise might not.

I've put moronic posters on ignore after slamming them for obviously moronic sensationalist posts. That's why God created the almighty 'ignore' option! Supermod should mute them but oh well.

The author makes some good points on what to expect in the future. I don't believe that it's all cast in stone but statistical analysis has it's place.

Fortune tellers have their place too... Who you going to believe , Obama?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
And DAVID never addresses IKE and his 90% one 1% tax during his term...

Anyone care to look up the stats of that time?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
you can't get blood out of a stone..
80% of nothing, is still nothing, and I think that is what the current problem is...
all this wealth that's been "created" was based on nothing!! faked prosperitity designed to provide us all with a grand illusion.

personally, I think that they have done a really great job of revealing to me just how fake the economy is. Every time they create a billion or so more dollars out of thin air to save their precious bank or other business, all they are telling me is that hey, they could have provided affordable healthcare for everyone a long time ago, they could have just as easily rebuilt every bridge and highway in america, heck, they could have given every family in america their own house!! hey!! we could have gotton something for all this money outside of a few luxury vacations for the big wigs of their favorite corporations!!

taxes going up to 80%.....na....
80% of the average person's paycheck still isn't enough to cover this! and well, the income taxes are set up so that the more you make, the higher the percentage of income you will make....and many of us aren't making much more than an unemployment check! and you don't really think they are gonna tax the crap out of themselves and their buddies do ya?
try $100 for a loaf of bread, $3,000 for a small efficiency apartment....and well, expect to see a mess of homeless hungry people bacause the fools will still be afraid of the "inflationary effect" of getting the wages up high enough that people can live without the government handouts and cheap credit, which, if this mess has taught us anything, it should have taught us these things are far more costly than we've ever dreamed possible!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by dawnstar]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Taxes are going to go up and we deserve to pay them. People this ordeal is our fault. We all sat back and continue to sit back while our government ravages us. I go to the end the fed rallies and the tea parties and I dont see many people. Im sorry Ive been on the front lines and like I said the support there is little its all internet talk. As long as Obama keeps pulling in huge crowds and our rallies pull in very little the rape of us citizens will continue. On top of this we elect the same morons in office that put us here because they have a D or an R next to their names. Sorry folks taxes are going up and we should all take it like adults...our lazy arses deserve it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

we are also the ones who opted to buy chinese instead of american...it was cheaper.
we are the ones who will hire headhunters to go to mexico in search of cheap labor instead of hiring our own for a little more pay.
and...we are the ones who spend way more than we make using our fancy little plastic card, we demand a small mansion for a house, and well, we buy, buy, buy....which causes our trade deficit to go up, up, up!! then well, it turned out that many of us spent way more than we could actually pay back...thus the crisis.

we've spread our toxic debt around the world!!

ya, we should be expecting some tax increases, and some downgrades in government services. just as the blame of this is flows through every group, class, and income bracket, so shouldn't the responsibiltiy when it comes to paying it back. none of you should be claiming you should be exempt, and none of you should be claiming that your little special tax sucking government vortex should be exempt from government trimming!
either, the government and media is putting out a bunch of hogwash and all is fine and peachy, or we are in emergency crisis state and well, it's time to put away the bickering, the politics and well, go on that necessary diet!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I thing what is coming is worst, if you have been watching Bernanke this morning in CNBC, that fat rat is advocating for a Global super bank entity to monitor US economy.

I don't' think that I heard wrong but that is what I understood.

I wonder if that is how the tax payer in this nation will become the milking cow and slave to this global entity.

As our nation becomes so indebted to foreign nations to survive, our nations economy will not longer belong to the nation. Even when the tax payer dollar is been bailing out the super banks in the nation foreign money is actually what is keeping this nation alive.

No only we are now Dependant to the WTO that hates America but now a new entity to monitor our economy.

How can we allow this to happen as the citizens of this nation I just can only wonder.

I can only see our nation been squeezed into oblivion to pay for the global debt that we own.

I wonder when we as citizens will stand up and say enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I'd love to see an 80% tax rate on the rich as they are non-productive parasites. Lawyers, politicians, investment bankers, stock traders, entertainers, althletes, corp execs. They are the real welfare bums

Productive people are factory workers, engineers, farmers, truck drivers.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

[i
and...we are the ones who spend way more than we make using our fancy little plastic card, we demand a small mansion for a house, and well, we buy, buy, buy....

Not me dood. I never bought anything on credit in my life. And now i'm being asked to bail out these greedy speculators. Yeah - i'm mad. I say let the banks fail and the home-owners starve.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I'd prefer they wouldn't have bailed anyone out also, unfortunately, they decided to start bailing....starting with the big banks, and corporations of course...
so, we can even things out, and bail out the little guys also, or we can just allow this massive influx from the lowly taxpayers to the corporate giants to continue on, because, until something is done with all that toxic debt out there, not much is gonna improve with the main core of the problem. and if it's gonna be the taxpayer paying for all the bailing out, then I think the taxpayer should be the on benefitting side from the bailing, not the ceo's and the like with their fancy vacations and parties.
of course all obama would have to do is show the taxpayers exactly how all this bailing might make a little money in the long run and set rules in concrete that all the money that is made from it is diverted straight into balancing that budget, and well, I might be more supportive. but as it is now, where big business can makes tons of money by loaning money at rediculous interest rates to people they know danged well will never pay it back just so they can make a few more tons of money selling and resellling that debt and the taxpayer can come in at the end of the game and get stuck holding the bag....
no thanks, just let the whole thing collaspe now! and let each person (and company) suffer according to what they had invested into the scheme.

our country is made up of people, not corporations and business giants. taking care of the people has to come before taking care of the giants.
the people shouldn't be stuck holding up the giants!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

While I know you are right and lo and behold I hate what our government has become, tell that to the fat rat call Bernanke because what he is been protecting right now is the global elites interest and wealth.

What he said this morning should ring as a warning to our nation as a sovereign nation.

This global entities are taking over and they are doing it under the disguise of the economic crisis.

We as citizens are allowing this to happen the same way that we have allowed our government screw us for so long.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

guess I should go and see what the guy said, huh? called in sick and slept most of the day away today...
probably don't want to know though....probably just make my headache bigger...raise my bloodpressure, cause me to show a tad bit of irrationality more often...

the only think I can think of as to why the republicans are screaming about their taxes going up (what they heck do you think was gonna happen when bush cut taxes and just spent more money!) if that they are in a nice position to collect at the other end of the bailouts...ya know, cheap housing being sold pennies on the dollar, cheap stocks to buy, as long as you know that the company will be around long enough to out last the crisis...ect. otherwise, they are just like the rest of us, feeling grateful if they have a paycheck to tax!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Udio sumarized the whole interview from Bernanke this morning.

This a link to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

His post if number 17 in that page

[edit on 10-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am not economist but i do not see actual taxes going up. Pension funds might take a huge hit, insurances and such. Social programs.
But they cannot raise taxes a lot,not to mention 80 percent. They need people to buy. This is what drives economy. How can people buy if 80 percent taxes are in place?
It will not save economy, it will actually kill it. And i hope that these guys understand it.
There will be inflation and money will loose value. Inevitable. But there should not be a ny new taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join