It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% Taxes Are Coming - March 9th 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Harry S. Dent, writer of the book "The Great Depression Ahead", says that heavy taxes and unemployment are on the horizon, and the economy will continue to deteriorate. He also thinks the worst years will be in 2010 and 2011.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Its amazing how fox news all the sudden is reporting all of this.. I still dont trust anything that comes out of that news channel brother...

with that being said 80% taxes is a pretty bold statement

Per Wikipedia :

n 2000, Dent predicted that the DOW would reach 40k, a prediction which was repeated in his 2004 book. In his book, he also predicted the NASDAQ would reach 13-20k. In late 2006 he revised his forecasts to much lower levels, estimating the Dow would reach 16-18k and the NASDAQ 3-4k. In January 2006, he predicted that the DOW would reach 14-15,000 by the end of the year. It ended 2006 at 12,463, 11% below the lower end of his prediction. It ended 2007 at 13,264, again significantly lower than Dent's revised prediction of 15,000 by early 2008. Since then, the Dow crossed 14,000 in late 2007 before retrenching.

Err....

[edit on 9-3-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Seems like quite an expert. Someone to really pay attention to.
In 2006 he predicted:

#The Dow hitting 40,000 by the end of the decade
# The Nasdaq advancing at least ten times from its October 2001 lows to around 13,500, and potentially as high as 20,000 by 2009
# Another strong advance in stocks in 2005, with a significant correction into around September/October 2006
# The Great Boom resurging into its final and strongest stage in 2007, and even more fully in 2008, lasting until late 2009 to early 2010

search.barnesandnoble.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Seems like quite an expert. Someone to really pay attention to.
In 2006 he predicted:

#The Dow hitting 40,000 by the end of the decade
# The Nasdaq advancing at least ten times from its October 2001 lows to around 13,500, and potentially as high as 20,000 by 2009
# Another strong advance in stocks in 2005, with a significant correction into around September/October 2006
# The Great Boom resurging into its final and strongest stage in 2007, and even more fully in 2008, lasting until late 2009 to early 2010

search.barnesandnoble.com...

haha u just beat me to that

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey again David, another good Glenn post.

This Global New Deal is a horrible Idea. We're already falling and they want to tie us more into the global market. It's absurdity!

I'll say it again: ABSURDITY!

Taxes will go up. The US Debt is climbing too fast for the Government to deal with and they WILL increase taxes or face a broke government.
(Which let me say we already are!)
Not only is our country owned by other nations like Japan, China and so on... but the Citizens of the USA are waking up the reality of that. If the USD is dropped as the world reserve currency... down the toilet we go.

We're already circling the drain, only a matter of time before we hit the sewers.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
wow, he says unemployment at 15% , you add in the out of work people not on those rolls, be over 20%, then he says , to bribe your realtor, (give him a extra incentive) lol, and was that the same Warren Buffet who just last Sept told the LITTLE PEOPLE is was a great time to get into the market.

My point being , who da **** can you believe , cmon 80% tax !!!!! I'll quit and BUG OUT before that happens, ...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lol...now that is funny.

This guy was just a tad bit off on that one.

Either way, high taxes are inevitable...regardless of what the guy has written....as is high unemployment.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yeah this guy wrote the famous book DOW 40k... he's the laughing stock of economists.... he believed the propaganda of eternal grow... well it would almost be possible if it wasn't for the constant crazy grow we saw in the 90s-2007 period... but IMO a constant period of grow is possible if we limit it to 2-3% a year and we invest in technology instead of investing in war.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Let's invest in a robot war! Fixes everything.

"In the news today: Has your computer declared war on you?!"
"The stock market rebounds 36,000 points in one day."
"Are robots the answer to all our problems?"

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah this guy wrote the famous book DOW 40k... he's the laughing stock of economists.

Yeah 40k is out there...that's for sure....but then again...how many economists didn't see any of this coming? LOTS.

Maybe he's trying to cash in on the crisis...I don't think he's wrong on some of it....no one knows exactly how bad it's going to get.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You know this reminds of something really funny, and perhaps could make you some money...

My friends and I in college used to run a little sports betting book. It was great.. well not all the time
.. but what excitement

To my story..

There was always this one kid that NEVER bet right.. I mean so rarely that it was almost impossible.. I think he was running 27% overall, which if anyone knows anything about sports gambling thats god awful terrible..

So like an ETF we double shorted this kid lol.. i was betting so big against him for a while at another book.. OMG making a killing..
It was seriously unreal, I would even parlay his bets (going the other way) and hit so often with 3-team plays people at the other book were thinking I was connected or like Dan Marino's cousin hahahahaha

Do you see what I'm getting at?

The more this FOX B.S. keeps running and the more they put these con's on TV.. the more it makes me want to put everything into the market

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Maybe he's trying to cash in on the crisis...

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gonna do it.
And Beck is just the one to jump on the bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And Beck is just the one to jump on the bandwagon.

He's been talking about this stuff for years.....long before he was ever on fox news.

It's going to get bad...we all know it is. The numbers don't lie. I'm not exactly sure how bad it will get, but to write off anything on fox news is also idiotic just as it is to right off any news info anywhere else. Being objective to it is always good.

Fact is this guy could have been Einstein and people would be saying that it's Fox News propaganda....blowing it off as BS immediately.

You are right though, there will be people out there trying to cash in...but it will all be for nothing if the dollar tanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Taxes will go up. The US Debt is climbing too fast for the Government to deal with and they WILL increase taxes or face a broke government.

Exactly. The rich cannot pay for all of these taxes alone anyway...that is...unless the rich bracket gets bigger...which it will.

We will all get hammered with taxes...i don't know if it will hit 80 percent...and if it does....to hell with that.

If we are paying that much in taxes....then that means government will have almost total control over you.

No thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
To impose an 80% tax they would be needing a pretty good excuse.

Second line is irrelevant to this discussion.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think you missed my point a bit. Dent is the opportunist, selling his latest book. Glenn Beck is boosting Dent's book as a means of showing how right he has been all along. In the process ignoring how Dent missed the mark with his previous absurd prediction.

Beck should probably be a little more discriminating in who he chooses to prove his point.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by David9176

I think you missed my point a bit. Dent is the opportunist, selling his latest book. Glenn Beck is boosting Dent's book as a means of showing how right he has been all along. In the process ignoring how Dent missed the mark with his previous absurd prediction.

Beck should probably be a little more discriminating in who he chooses to prove his point.

Very true phage..

Although I did not see the whole interview, Beck should have done his homework on this

For disclosure purposes: I think Glenn Beck is a scam

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree. He has too...especially right now, because people are going to be out to prove that he's full of BS.

Thanks for pointing that out though.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Pretty much no matter what our taxes will go up from here...
How could we possible expect anything different when the national debt is

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 10 Mar 2009 at 05:24:09 AM GMT is:

$10,963,828,507,254.11

The estimated population of the United States is 305,787,364
so each citizen's share of this debt is $35,854.42.
The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.70 billion per day since September 28, 2007!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House

www.brillig.com...

They say there's gonna be a revolution oaaha .....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I think that we did a bailout of china with the stimulus checks last year. After all the propaganda about buying cereals, rice and beans, oil, their profits were off the top.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join