It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an Auto Insurance data collection for a profit scam?

page: 1

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:17 PM
So I get home today from work and grab the mail. I open a letter from this Auto Insurance company, and in it was a $50 gift card to Shell Gas Station. WOW...this stimulus is finally paying out!!

Soon as I showed my fiancee, she informed me that she replied to an ad that said if they can't beat our current insurance companies price, they would give us a free $50 card. My first questions these days, theres noting for free?!! (unless your a banker!!)

was this an investigator or data collector who sells your info to your insurance company and makes a profit off your insurance rates going up for speeding last year?? My insurance hasn't gone up since the incident, which was May last year.

Anyone heard of this idea??

I will follow up with this thread in 2 weeks when I get my next insurance bill..

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
Does the gift card have your name on it? I remember when the phone companies were all competing with each other. They'd send you a check, and if you cashed it, that meant you authorized them to switch your long distance carrier to them.

I don't know if using a gift card is the same as cashing a check.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
reply to post by virraszto

No, its just an ordinary gift card that anyone can buy at the register.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
So here it is now April 4th and I got my new statement from Liberty Mutual, and my new Anual rate is $1854. It has Freakin doubled!! I was paying $956.00 anually. Don't know what to take of this. Im going to call the Department of Insurance and see if this is legal. Any legal experts out there?

new topics

top topics