It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technokinesis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

She makes electronics quit working, we used to work out together and the machines at the gym go screwy on her, all the readouts on her heartbeat, pulse, ect. go screwy on her when she tries to use it, however I can use it not doing a single thing different to it and it will work, also treadmills don't work on her either (lol, I know what you're thinking, but she's not fat at all, she's in good shape, she weighs 130).

All the electronics in her house will NOT work right, she goes through hair dryers, clothes dryers, washing machines, computers, cars, microwaves (those are the worst), tvs ect., anything that she touches that's electronic, usually starts to malfunction, ESPECIALLY when she's mad.

She's a S.L.I.D.E.R. (Street Light Interference Data Exchange Receiver)
Do a Google on Debbie Slider CNN, and you'll find a CNN story on this phenomenon. I'll bet it's FAR more common than people think...probably because most of us don't really want others thinking we're weird...(and it can downright scare people)....

Luckily, my own interference is limited to street lights, digital watches, and tv/radio reception...(other than causing an eventual electrical problem in every vehicle I've ever owned, and zapping handheld computing devices of any kind).... There are some people actually researching this, and my only advice is for her to maybe talk to her doc about medication to mellow her out, as emotions greatly enhance the interference ability....

She probably has some other common issues like magnetic cards not working shortly after getting them (I have to get a new credit card almost every 4 months) and light bulbs constantly being blown in the house (I go through about two 4 packs of bulbs in a month, and doesn't matter if they are cheap or expensive, they blow...) Of course, my wife has the same "issue" just to a lesser degree...unless she gets mad, and then at least one bulb pops very loudly....(which is great, because then we giggle, and it diffuses the argument)

I expect there is an unconscious exaggeration of how disruptive this lady really is. How could she have even gone on an airplane, in a car with computerized components, watched TV, worked on a computer, and a million other interfaces we have with electronics from birth.

If she's as disruptive as is claimed, the military and private research companies would pay her a fortune just to test her and see if they could duplicate her special talents.

If she's like most, the "ability" is sporadic (at least how it seems), and very little of it can be "directed"... I can mess with streetlights (the sodium kind) and freak someone out, but can't seem to "direct" any other manifestation of it, so it's military application isn't really all there. Besides, hardened equipment would likely be immune to the ability, though I'm not sure if the researchers considered this in their research efforts of those like Debbie in the CNN story. I've never had an issue with it affecting computers (though Debbie has, as she has a severe case of this), nor airplanes or appliances...just the devices mentioned previously.

Here's a link to some info, can't seem to find the archived CNN story, but it was a few years ago. Debbie Wolf is the girl's name.

paranormal.about.com...

Another thing to ask. Was she at any time in her life hit with a bunch of electricity? Most sliders have a childhood case of near electrocution at some point. (myself, I've been indirectly hit by lightning 3 times...to clarify though, I do live in the former lightning capital of the world (it's even the name of our Hockey team) and they were indirect hits...i.e. hits were arched through an outlet, nearby on the beach, and on a riverbank. I was only knocked out during the first two, the last hit just gave me a good jolt as I was far enough away.)

I'm betting the explanation is more scientific than paranormal, but it's still fun to freak people out with it...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Gazrok]

<< 1   >>

join