It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nation To March On Wall Street!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hello all,

I am not posting this here as a call to action or anything like that ... i'm just posting information about it ... i'm sure there will be people on here who will go out and do this ... i think this a legitimate way though to voice your opinion of wall street ...

March on Wall Street on the Anniversary on the day Martin Luther King gave his life fighting for social and economic justice.

Why? Because we must demand that the needs of the people come before the greed of the super rich. Millions are jobless and homeless, and millions more will be living on the streets if the government continues to waste trillions of dollars on saving wealthy bankers instead of saving people.

And just as King knew that the struggle for civil rights at home had to also be part of the struggle against war abroad, he understood that no one, regardless of their race would be free until everyone had the right to a decent paying job or an income for those unable to work. Most importantly, King also understood that “Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” The time for suffering in silence has come to an end.

Nothing will change unless our desperation and anger is channeled into a mighty movement that unites and fights. It’s time to march on Wall St. Come to the march, and tell everyone you know to come with you.

Full Article/More Information Here

I think this would send a message to wall street ... if it would have an effect is another story who knows? i guess it all depends on how many people show up ... thoughts?

[edit on 9-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow, well... you can't entirely blame wall st for wasting trillions of dollars, blame Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Aid, Gm, but not just The Stock Gurus. Their greedy but, well god they've always been greedy, the job may actually require you to be greedy.

An income available for those who can't work? Besides physically disabled (blind, quadrapalegic) other then that, you can get up and work.

This is a Class War, I for one want nothing to do with it, truth is majority of the rich worked their a'' off for it.

If you want three meals a day, free rooms, basic cable. Go dance naked in macy's and the police will be glad to take you there.

(There was actually a guy who did just that to go to jail.. very sad.. he's in a psych hospital now)

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
all the sheeple people planning to DO this are just begging for martial law.......
GO MORONS!

"Take me in cuffs and lock me up first!! Im right here in front holding this BIG YELLOW sign as to make sure you can see me clearly!"

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

truth is majority of the rich worked their a'' off for it.

I'm not so sure that's true. Sure, I'm sure there are many rich people who worked their butts off, but I'm sure there are just as many, if not more, that live off of their parents money. Their parents who lived off THEIR parents money...etc.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I know, their are people out there that don't deserve half of what they have, as the baby boomers die off. (Yes they die but realisticly its not that cold) There will be more children with the inheritences.

We've all seen My super sweet 16 and wanted to send them to africa to get strangled and stoned to death!! ( exaggerating....a little). But some worked hard to get were there at today, I hope to become a rich wealthy person.

How would you feel if you worked hard for your mult milion dollar job. And welfare applicants were demanding you give a part of your paycheck to them. (I know its not like that but it's pretty damn close).

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
all the sheeple people planning to DO this are just begging for martial law.......
GO MORONS!

"Take me in cuffs and lock me up first!! Im right here in front holding this BIG YELLOW sign as to make sure you can see me clearly!"

CAN PEOPLE NOT PROTEST AND EXPRESS THERE FEELINGS PEACEFULLY.....are you afraid of your own government?
why should'nt the citizens of america be able to use there freedom of speech, after all isnt america a democracy therfore not denying its good citizens there rights.......

I WONDER......or has fascism always lingered

Perhaps, one of the most blatant acts of fascism in America occurred during the depression. When then President Hoover ordered MacArthur to clear the Washington D.C. parks of the protestors. These former veterans were camping out to demand their bonuses from WWI to be paid to be ahead of schedule to ease their plight from the depression. Needless to say the resulting mess turned into a blood bath of sorts. Again we have the element of denying rights to the common man plus the brutal application of force on dissenters without regard to their human dignity.

your quote.....
MARTIAL LAW has always been there original plan regardless if folk protest/march on Wall Street......

[edit on 9'3/2009 by surrealist1978]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Why blame OBAMA he has only been in presidency since January what about the imposters BUSH and CHENEY,Oh I just remembered your a republican so I think bias comes into it........

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

you quoted.....
This is a Class War, I for one want nothing to do with it, truth is majority of the rich worked their a'' off for it.

the genuine one percent of em did the other ninety nine percent i beg to differ.......

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yeah it is pretty clear of the majority bias on this site. You can't blame a powerless figurehead(s). Everyone's too quick to judge. Wall Street is the one who is blackmailing us now that we've given them an inch (an inch may I remind you began with the previous administration). The banks say: 'American doesn't want to pay, the whole system goes down! Eat our toxic assets!'

We're right where they want us... mue ha ha ha ha

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
For the richs... sorry but nobody deserves to be paid hundreds of million of $ a year for their work. NOBODY. Especially not when they are scamming people like on Wall Street. The only ones making that kind of money are top level drug dealers.

Wall Streets tops and drug dealers are the same thing. They don't care about the effects of what they do.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well wait a minute.

I consider anyone making more than 40,000 a year rich. I think we should do a march against those making more than that.

Do you make more than that? Aww...well that's too bad...i want your money.

After all, I think I should decide who is rich or not based on my own earnings.
I mean, i worked just as hard as they did and i'm not making that much money a year.

Greedy bastards.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I can see the fine line drawn... I don't consider the rich to be the issue. If you're honestly rich from good business, that's the capitalist way!

However, I see the entire financial system as the problem. Without even considering the ridiculousness of our currency, check out this little ransom note from Deutsche Bank:
www.talkingpointsmemo.com...

[edit on 3.9.2009 by Avarus]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

My freind , plzz, blaming Obama for this , is like blaming the passengers on the Titanic for sailing.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
And thats all thier gunna do is march and protest? Its anoble thought, but will get nothing done. In fact, i bet the wall street MOFO's wil be laughing at the marchers, or ready too pee on thier heads form the safety of thoer office windows... much better for the protestors to throw things like bricks and batterys through wallstreets windows, get an angry and peed off validated point across to them..the public has spoken!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
March on Wall Street....Wall Street? How about march on Washington D.C. on Pennsylvania Avenue, that's where the real pigs are

Originally posted by Vitchilo
For the richs... sorry but nobody deserves to be paid hundreds of million of $ a year for their work. NOBODY. Especially not when they are scamming people like on Wall Street. The only ones making that kind of money are top level drug dealers.

Wall Streets tops and drug dealers are the same thing. They don't care about the effects of what they do.

I think the old saying goes something like "everyone is being paid too much and taxed too little except for ME." I bet you feel that way don't you? Never judge a man until you're in his shoes, I bet if you were making $100,000 as a banker you'd feel you were making too little still. Give me a break, I think it's ridiculous how people can maintain that free markets are the best path to prosperity, while complaining about greed and cuddling up to government. I myself believe in free markets, but if someone is making top dollar for their labor and a private firm is willing to pay that...then SO WHAT? Do you want price controls too? How utterly ridiculous and irresponsible, look at the people who are really the problem of this nation, it's not the rich, it's the bureaucrats in Washington D.C., Republican and Democrat.

You're falling right into the trap of the class warfare that is used to push agendas in Washington, and it is of NO benefit to you. Washington's job is to maintain and extend your rights, not take them away and pay you off with needless services to keep your mouth shut.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I know, their are people out there that don't deserve half of what they have, as the baby boomers die off. (Yes they die but realisticly its not that cold) There will be more children with the inheritences.
As devils advocate, there are people out there who don't deserve the home/car/credit card loans they have, or tax rebates they never contributed to. Not only are they a burden weighing down society, they're the primary cause of the crisis dragging down the entire globe right now. It would be a totalitarian state that dictates what your Dad can give you or what you can give your Son.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They shall gather and march with the goal of unintentionally silently screaming, we are more brainwashable than before, please guide us to want you want us to understand.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Rallies are a waste. They're for idiots who want to tell themselves "at least we're doing something". Most anti-govt rallies are organized by the govt.

OTOH - a nationwide refusal to pay taxes might accomplish something. And jurors need to exercise jury nullification in cases involving anti-govt actions.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

How utterly ridiculous and irresponsible, look at the people who are really the problem of this nation, it's not the rich, it's the bureaucrats in Washington D.C., Republican and Democrat.

That's BS. Our govt officials are completely controlled by the rich thru bribes. Not one member of congress ever asks what is best for america. He asks - which side will pay me the most.

The rich run the country and congress is just their tool.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Exactly, why march on Wall-street they are nothing than an entity, the march should be on the fat rats on the Federal Reserve and the Treasury department.

Then on The capitol itself where all the tax payer squandering is going on.

this people have everything confused here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join