It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large, unmarked military convoy on the Glenn-Jackson Bridge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
*insert standard first thread disclaimer*

On Saturday, March 7, I was coming home from my work in vancouver (WA). when i pulled onto the glenn-jackson bridge (connecting oregon and washington), heading to portland, i ended up next to a very large military convoy. it was at least 3 miles long, with the vehicles about 15-20 feet apart, and stretched across the entire bridge with no end in sight. humvees, cargo trucks, etc. even a couple of trucks with large cylinders on the back marked things like "non-flammable gas", and "DANGER: Flammable", and one "toxic chemicals". the soldiers driving them were in full BDU's with their helmets and eye protection on.
None of the cars had any kind of service markings on them, the only label being a "USA" on the back of each car. I took several pics of them, but i only had a crappy camera phone on me. i edited them only to take out parts of the pictures that had my face/hands/beard in them.

anyways... there is a military base near there, and they seem to keep up with the times (i saw an osprey land there a while back: www.fas.org...). Is this just a normal resupplying or something more sinister? there does seem to be heightening military activity around the nation.

any thoughts?

www.tinyurl.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Lose lips sink ships.............

May be many things, but most likely it is a company or division returning from the airfield and or port they were dropped off at. Remember we have lots of equipment overseas that is coming back now.

-Kdial1

[edit on 9-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not only redeployment equipment, but it could also be either states' national guard going to/from a field exercise - or - it could be soldiers from out of Fort Lewis, WA going to/from the base for something. I sometimes run across this kind of thing at home in Texas and Arizona as well.

Too bad we can't see the numbers on the front of the trucks better - those are unit/truck identifiers.

Also, as far as the fact they were wearing helmets - that's an Army-wide safety policy that Soldiers in tactical vehicles are required to wear their helmets and ballistic eyewear in case of accidents or roll-overs.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by mf_luder]

[edit on 9-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
In one photo there was a flammable liquid sign on the side of truck with the numbers 13533. As far as I'm aware this is a false number as the number for flammable liquid should only be 4 digits.

On a side note, the National Disease Control number 13533, is for HyperHep B

www.bdipharma.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I saw this same convoy on saturday, while heading from Troutdale toward Portland.

Yep, I didn't think anything was abnormal. I thought it was cool seeing so many military vehicles, one after another.

EDIT: Clarification

[edit on 9-3-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
thanks for all the responses!

its highly possilbe that i saw something sinister where there was nothing. maybe ive been spending too much time on this site
however ExPostFacto makes a scary point.... i googled "flammable liquid codes 13533 and got this result: www.archives.gov... . if you control+f 13533 it mentions it next to something about petroleum refineries, so it may have been simple gasoline, and not Army Death Gas 6000.
if it makes any difference, i checked with some friends and the convoy was most likely headed for Pendleton or the coast, because they didnt take the exit for the airbase by the bridge.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I doubt there's anything suspicious here, just a convoy and a fuel truck:

Compare these here.

With your pic:

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just some American soldiers in a convoy on the highway.It being a weekend probably Guard or reserve unit.They have to get from point A to point B some how.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This isn't a weekend drill. There is to much equipment being moved. This is either a unit coming or going to the field.

someone actually said "13533, is for HyperHep B".

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I travel from Washington to Oregon often and have seen a long military convoy on two different occasions. I don't think its unusual or anything to be concerned about.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Swell

I fill its a sign of the times a built up to show there presnts

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Swell

Up here in AZ ,I live about 7 miles from the old Williams field air force base. Its use is other air craft now ,but there's these dume like buildings, that has these pipes out the top of them. You would think that thy would of been removed when the base left ,it was a long time before anything move on that base. The one thing I don;t understand is thy still have these big black or dark gray plains going in and out of there, were asked a few times about it,thy said thy due not land or fly out of there any longer .well some one wasn't telling the truth .

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
In one photo there was a flammable liquid sign on the side of truck with the numbers 13533. As far as I'm aware this is a false number as the number for flammable liquid should only be 4 digits.

On a side note, the National Disease Control number 13533, is for HyperHep B

www.bdipharma.com...

16 reports of Hep B at Army Base!!
Coincident?

www.google.com...

Link ^

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Today in Colorado I saw a train full of tanks that I have never seen before. These were huge tanks painted black and had numbers on each of the tanks identifying the contents which I believe may have been hazardous materials near a military base in Colorado. Unfortunately I did not have a camera and I can't remember any of the protocol numbers off the top of my head but they had three letter suffixes and I think 5 digit numbers after that. There were so many tanks, tons and tons of this stuff what ever it was there was a whole lot of it.

During my research of DIA I came across a theory that AU AG as inscripted on the floors at DIA commonly used to describe gold and silver but in this theory it stands for Australian Antigen.

For example there must be an antigen present in a person with hepatitis B I believe that would cause a chain reaction resulting in Australian Antigen. It would seem that the bird flu has been a current event as described in this thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...', so if someone had the bird flu perhaps it would not be lethal, but those infected with hep B would have a very bad reaction.

top topics

join