Are you HOPING for a complete collapse and chaos to happen?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

Survival of Fittest or survival of most well adapted.. same thing.

But they really aren't.

"Fittest" is just a word for me to describe the smartest, strongest, wittiest, most intellegent, fastest, most agile .... luckiest?

All of those traits can be detrimental to survival and reproduction in environments which do not select for them. Do you think the ancestor of the tree sloth was as slow or lethargic?

Perhaps I shouldn't have used Darwin's term

It was never Darwin's term. It was Herbert Spencer's - and he wasn't a biologist, he was a political theorist and philosopher.

I mean whatever helps you to win out and reproduce, which you will likely pass on to your offspring.

And which system is more likely to help ensure survival of the individual until reproductive age? Our current social construct or the anarchy following a collapse?

I would rather die and let the human race continue as a "fitter" race

I could really care less whether or not you want to commit suicide, but I do take issue with your desire to see the rest of humanity follow suit.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think we really are too conditionned by Hollywood and the ``end times`` movies and the hero and the happy ending...

Our society do need to get real. But who's at the helm for this change? The NWO... First we need a revolution, then we can change for real.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow... so many negative people.

It is crazy, 1/2 the worlds population would kill you to be on "welfare" in this country.

My god, we live better than Royalty did 300 years ago.... electricity, medicine, dentistry, hygiene, plumbing, vaccines. The poorest people in our country are in the top 10% of Global wage earners.

(Don't know about you but sex would not be to fun or alluring if you and your partner only take a bath or shower once every couple of weeks.. or months...LOL)

Even in "bad times" we are living in a virtual paradise compared to many in the world and about 99% of everyone else who ever lived pre-20th century history.

Sure, we might have to rough it (I hope not) but jeeze people, a total collapse to the "stone age" is actually preferred? Are some of you crazy or just naive?

I fear a "collapse" of order more than anything because 1/2 our population will go freeking crazy and to be point blank, I want to get my family away ... far far away from that.

I don't fear my Government, I fear social collapse brought on by a number of possible disasters and the freeking crazy people who want rioting, looting, murder, death..... Yeah, let's turn our cities into Sudan....good idea

No thank you. Thank God for the 2nd amendment and that our founders had the forethought to provide the right of self defense. Until a few years ago, I never thought that I would need to defend myself against a mob, that was pretty inconceivable then. Now it seems that lowlifes will rally into gang armies with no other thought than to take what they want from others. It is a damned shame... oh, we have always had a % of lowlife criminals among us but now it seems that the attitude of "I will take" has swept the minds of our populous.

Those "sheep" as you call them are AMERICAN human beings who love their
children, their wives, and their well being as much as YOU do. Yes, many people are unaware of what the possibilities are or care not to think about them and bury their heads in the sand but they are our people, our brothers, sisters, children, neighbors. I wish no harm to them or anyone and I hope this situation rights itself as it has in the past.

And yes, those same people could turn on you if they are desperate but god forbid don't wish that to happen... these aren't zombies from a movie, these are people! People who hurt, bleed, scream, suffer... I wish no ill will upon my people. Sure some are dumb and have silly naive ideals... that should not be the rallying cry for a death sentence for them.

Natural selection, survival of the fittest... some of you sound like your in a freeking maximum security prison with the real "human animals". 90% of these people you wish suffering upon are not guilty of malice or harming you or anyone else. They are you at one time or another in YOUR lives.

All of us have had "down or bad" times in our lives... life has it's ups and downs and our "downs" are usually better than 1/2 the worlds "best" times. There is no reason to want the freeking destruction of civilization! A holocaust on a world scale.... despair, disease, violence, spreading pain to others, boasting about "being right" so you can be king of the sh it pile for a short time till your time is up.... insane....

And most important... what next? What comes after we have let our Republic go away? You know what is next, the strongest army, gang, or foreign force exerts it's authority.... and it isn't going to be a free society. It was a miracle that our founding fathers didn't form a monarchy or other authoritarian system... a damned miracle! How many men in that position would say (I need to be the one and only leader or group of leaders.. just until things get stabilized you know, then when I think it is OK, we can have elections). Almost anyone with that temptation would seize that power.. maybe with good intentions to start with but hey, who can really do the job better than you / us... yeah.. it was a damned miracle. So please don't wish for what the Dictators of the world have drempt about for almost 100 years, the fall of America into complete chaos... your anger at a "few" is tainting your judgment and your morality (hopefully your morality rates higher on the scale than some of the comments I have seen here).

Ok, ranting off but god forbid.. think about what your saying. Thank god or whatever power in the universe you believe in for the blessings and gifts we have been given... don't let anger and frustration turn your hearts black.

God Bless You and good night.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow, great thread OP!

It is interesting to answer this one. You see, I'm not HOPING for a complete collapse and chaos, but I do feel a desire to see it happen. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't wish suffering and pain upon anybody, but this is what is happening in my mind:
I consider the average ATSer as being a rather informed person, if not at least critical thinker. Now, when I look at the true underlying rotten foundation of the world monetary systems - which I just recently became fully aware of because of sites like ATS - I see something with no place to go from here, and that is down. Then I hear people that are basically market and economic experts say that we are F'd and I tend to see exactly what lies ahead of us.

Then I see the talking heads on the news say things are not as bad, and then I hear people talking like it is just going to blow over, and I just want it to get here and fast so we can get it over with.

I feel like I am sitting at the back of the rollercoaster and the front is already over the edge of the big hill... you know where you are going, but you are just stuck there waiting for it to come....

In fact, I am not even mad at congress or Obama for not "fixing it", I am mad at them for just prolonging (and maybe amplifying) the inevitable by fighting a losing battle instead of letting it just happen while the societies on Earth learn how to do things a little different..

I mean, people are still going about life as usual. Once things start to change and inflation starts really kicking in, life will be different. Let's just get it over with because not many people are using this extra time to get prepared, save for a bunch of us here at ATS.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by nydsdan]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I'm actually happy to see someone with a good outlook out there. Go you!

( Is the fear effecting your daily life yet? )

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

You're right, I don't know all the quotes and who said what first. I apologize for my ignorance.

I don't want everyone to commit suicide, don't want humanity to either. What does economic collapse have to do with suicide? I want what I feel is best for the human race in the long run.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

MM, the corporations that you assert would cover the power vacuum left by an ousted govt would not have anyone left to work for them... if it gets bad enough to nail a govts ass to the wall.

My life long dream is to own some land and live off it. And grow lots of hemp to supplement diet and construction needs! Hard work and a pain in the butt but I'd feel better about myself than using a valueless numbering system called money to buy food and survival.

The human race has become a virus, a plague, death, destruction and chaos. It does not have a place in the natural balance of life in it's current incarnation. The earth does not want it. So few good and so many bad... some who don't even realize that what they do is bad. We have become sheep with a terminal virus, sheep whom don't die but survive in every nook and cranny imagineable.

The planet is pretty much stripped of resources, polluted and raped.

Yes, we do need a reset.... and if it means I leave this physical form in the consequences then so be it. The monetary, government and industrial system of this world has caused so much suffering. The big players in it who sell the goods that poison people, the big players that pollute the earth so on and so forth... The people who have especially benefited from the 50 TRILLION that was lost in 2008 at the expense of normal every day people. These 'people' should be bought to pay their dues back, in a final and permanent way.
Their way of life is coming shattering around them if they have not played their cards right, but the smart ones will be doing fine.
This collapse is needed to oust them. We need to work at a community level. We need to bring back the value of a family. We need to bring back the hard working spirit that drives collaboration and the will to help a fellow human being in a time of need.

Now is the time to play the game... the dice will fall soon and the numbers will be shown.

I Døden finnes all makt
In death lies all power...

edit3:

An afterthought...
That pic of me sitting on my bike... it's now smashed up due to a large off I had on it. Think of all the chemicals and pollutants and damage that bike alone has caused to the environment. Not only in it's birth but in its use. Tyres every 2000-10000km. 3.6L of oil every 5000km. Brake fluid (really nice stuff...). Time spent tuning it, swapping, upgrading and replacing parts and what have you. That's just one bike. One person. 6 billion plus people.
What is your toaster made of?
All of us sitting at a computer are contributing to this problem, the world cannot do this forever. Think about all those cars on the road outside... we can't recycle the whole thing.. where will it all go? It cannot go on forever.

[edit on 10/3/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voiceoftreason

Originally posted by Plasma applicator

Originally posted by Voiceoftreason
reply to post by Plasma applicator

You're not wrong. However, if didn't think it'll be the other guy - hell, why not just top yourself now? You'll die anyway, right?

LOL..I guess rather than a chaotic cluster ____. I would rather see a consorted effort to see that the elites responsible for this mess were the ones dieing.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
No. And I think that the people who do are sociopaths.

You must romance with congress and those so called imposters oh I mean elite.....

oherwise u would'nt use such an out dated type of word

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder wether people who want chaos actually even understand how difficult it would be to live in a world like that. Nothing that we take as granted now would no longer be that way. This means electricity, hot water, food supply, safety provided by goverments et cetera. You people there in the usa already have 1/33 adults in prison. Think about it a little, how high would that figure go if there will be a complete collapse of economy?

You people who want this chaos do realize that crimerates would skyrocket and there is nothing you could do about it, since people _will_ get food by any means neccessary if they don't have any.

Also, collapse of economic system would indeed bring entire world to their knees, and in several countries armies would propaby take over. Same could happen to usa in such a situtation, and after that (crimes, remember?) you would have no way of returning to any "free" country you now live in. It woulud be gone forever, propably, and police state would rule whenever it rises again from the ashes.

You should be careful about what you wish for.

To summarize this thread a little: All police state, CIA and FBI conspiracies would turn into reality if economy ever collapeses. That cannot possibly be what you people want.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Chaos already reigns! Just go to your local government office, and try to get some paperwork approved. The more you organize a system, the more chaotic it gets. It only apperars to be organized from the outside. Because we try to fit it into an acceptable reference.
Chaos is not what you should be fearing, bt rather the legions of Gruad!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Great to read all the opinions!

The way I am thinking, I don't think that a collapse that has massive starvation death and misery, etc is necessary for what most people want to change, in this thread.

The foundations can be shaken, new outlooks and prosperity without the complete carnage. I agree change needs to take place, and I think most agree that a price is fine to pay for that. But some people just seem to want to watch the world burn....

We don't need that....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I wonder why people think an economic collapse would be the end of the world. We are living in very different times. While I'm sure there would be some lawlessness some communities will go right on working. I'd relocate to a smaller town ASAP if the SHTF. Let some armed thugs come out into the country. Ever heard of Posse Commitatus that applies to citizens as well. Don't think a militia type unit or minute man patrol won't be going around.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm simply hoping for a huge turn of events going in either direction. I'm plain tired of sifting through the garbage lies of today's society just to find more garbage lies. I want the ultimate truth to come out and in the open by any means nessessary. If it means death and destruction on an epic scale, then so be it. If it means a revolutionary movement to oust the ruling elite, even better.

Sadly, what I wait so desperately to see will never happen. Everything is planned out to be such a gradual change that nomatter what the outcome of the change, everything will still look and feel the same. I just want to be proven right or wrong. I say bring on the NWO, welcome the invasion, it can only lead to another illusion... and we all know this is nothing more than an illusion.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nope...I wouldn't be keen for the World to descend into a chaotic cess-pool...though some people would argue it already is.

If the world is so bad, if people are wishing 'a change to happen'...then get off your butt and go change it. Don't sit there feeling angry, or dispondant, or apathetic, or getting all doom-n-gloom and bemoaning what the world has become....do something about it...

"But we can't!" comes the cries "They (whoever THEY are) are too powerful, our efforts would be fruitless".

Really??...say hello to someone as you walk down the street, smile at someone, go mow your neighbours lawn or offer to wash the old lady next doors car or something...

...change doesn't have to be a whole 'rush out there and turn EVERYTHING back'...change can just as easily be one smile, one glance, one thank you...

*disclaimer: I'm aware there are numerous people on ATS who DO go out and assist people...and to them I say thank you.
This post was NOT intended to be a collective condemnation.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I wonder why people think an economic collapse would be the end of the world. We are living in very different times. While I'm sure there would be some lawlessness some communities will go right on working. I'd relocate to a smaller town ASAP if the SHTF. Let some armed thugs come out into the country. Ever heard of Posse Commitatus that applies to citizens as well. Don't think a militia type unit or minute man patrol won't be going around.

Explain how some communities would go on working?

I guess if they all decided to ride bikes to work and then of course work for free b/c there is no credit to pay any salary...

Dont worry, just head over to an ATS member's house or cave dwelling.. most are well prepared by the sounds of it

[edit on 10-3-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

The human race has become a virus, a plague, death, destruction and chaos. It does not have a place in the natural balance of life in it's current incarnation. The earth does not want it.

There is no such thing as a natural balance.

The Earth is not a conscious being... at least, not yet.

Humanity is not a virus, we are an invasive species.

The planet is pretty much stripped of resources, polluted and raped.

You cannot pollute the planet, because we only use what's already here. We simply arrange chemicals a bit differently. If changing chemicals around is pollution, then ALL LIFE is pollution. Don't forget that when plants first started the now dominant form of photosynthesis it created Oxygen as a byproduct and built up concentrations of it in the atmosphere. It was toxic to life at the time, and we call the event the "Oxygen Catastrophe".

Resources? Bullox. 75% of this Earth's is covered in water, and the oceans are the most active geological area on the planet, constantly spewing out commercial grade copper, iron, silver, gold, etc. That's not even taking into account the resources we have molten under the Earth's crust. What we lack is the infrastructure to support a much larger population. We either meet the demands, or we do not. Either we find more efficient ways to gather and spread resources, or people die and demand for resources diminishes to a more sustainable level.

Raped... vicious imagery, but nowhere near an accurate description. I consider shoveled sidewalks and roads a rape of the natural beauty of a fresh snowfall, but is anyone going to stop plowing the roads? Would the cost in human life be justified? So what's your point?

Their way of life is coming shattering around them if they have not played their cards right, but the smart ones will be doing fine. This collapse is needed to oust them.

Ever heard the phrase, "Welcome the new boss, same as the old boss"? What makes you think things won't turn out exactly the same, when it has always proven to be the case in the past? Our current democracies are based on systems that the Greeks and Romans used. It's roots are well over 2,000 years old. We really haven't found anything better yet, and I'm not saying there isn't. I'm just saying that you will always have corruption in any form of government, and it's not worth another dark ages or utter collapse and chaos for the next 1,000 years just to see if maybe we can change human nature by changing our government yet again.

Further, for someone so concerned with the environment, do you have ANY idea the sort of damage to the environment that will ensue if our current infrastructure collapses? Those chemicals and materials would have to be carefully dismantled and contained or converted - and that's NOT going to happen if society collapses. MAYBE it will if we sustain the society we have until better and cleaner technologies arrive, which at the pace technology is moving is rather soon in comparison to how long it would take the radioactive fallout from a decaying nuclear power plant meltdown to disperse.

We need to work at a community level. We need to bring back the value of a family. We need to bring back the hard working spirit that drives collaboration and the will to help a fellow human being in a time of need.

Why can't this be achieved without social collapse?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yes.

I'm watching and waiting with baited breath.

I'm hoping when the # hits the fan, we can work together as human beings for a greater common good. This is what our government is supposed to accomplish, rather than being the self serving money grubbing bought and paid for politicians they've become.

Do you follow the law when the law is lawless? I think we're about that point right now. When you criminalize every day behavior, your laws become a danger to the freedoms they were created to protect.

I am waiting when for a time when we can grow things and prosper, without a small group of bankers and politicians profiting from our productivity, or stifling it with nonsense laws that criminalize nature for the benefit of big corporations.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Be careful what you wish for you just might get it. It wont be what you think it's gonna be, you'll be begging for the "old days". I don't want chaos id rather we solve our own problems. But it seems a lot of you are Conditioned to accept no... brainwashed to accept order out of chaos. The truth of the matter is the majority of people that surf this site live "wealthy" lives compared to the rest of the world population. a lot of you are to young of a generation (including my self) or to spoiled to even know what real evil is. Some of You have no idea what you are hoping for. and the fact you think you will survive out of everyone else? just because you have some stored food and a peashooter? hahahaaa, naive children is what the lot of you resemble.

please read my post and realize the majority of us are in fortunate positions, act accordingly and don't accept order out of chaos. prevent it from happening.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer
I don't want chaos id rather we solve our own problems.

The truth of the matter is the majority of people that surf this site live "wealthy" lives compared to the rest of the world population.
please read my post and realize the majority of us are in fortunate positions, act accordingly and don't accept order out of chaos. prevent it from happening.

Totally.

Sitting here reading I'm conscious that I have been blessed with enough education TO read.

Reading replies I note others have also been blessed with enough education TO write/type in coherent sentences.

Reading them online I am conscious that we are all blessed with internet access, likely our own computers or computers in our households. HAVING a household, a roof over our head.

Maybe some are posting from work, or from a net-cafe, or a library or a friends house...those are things MANY other people are NOT blessed with access to. Resources they will also likely never know in their lives.

Oh don't get me wrong...I have my off-days too where I kinda shake my head and wonder what the heck are we/I/people thinking and doing. I have days where I think life is hard and wondering if my family and I are going to make it, make ends meet or better ourselves...

...though to be honest those navel-gazing 'woe is me' moments are quickly evaporated when I get to work and visit the Psych Wards and Outreach Clinics in the city...when I see the results of horrendous legacies of abuse.
See the 12 year old girl selling herself for her next meth hit.
See the 14 year old boy who set fire to himself because he had had enoug of his so-called parents pimping him out to the pedo neighbour.
See the 60 year old who has been locked up in an institution since they were 3 years old - because thats what happened to naughty kids or kids of parents who 'couldn't cope' back then...their life stolen, their eyes dead, asking ME if they could have permission to go to the toilet.

Oh yeah I thank my lucky stars for sure. Perspective.

...there but through the grace of God go I...go any of us...

[edit on 10-3-2009 by alien]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join