It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you HOPING for a complete collapse and chaos to happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc
So everybody that said yes; wants mass death genocide pain suffering death everywhere and things like that.

I find it ludicrous that you all want this to happen where masses of innocent people will die that had nothing to do with the problem.

I would rather have the current system forever than to even witness one human die, hell I wouldn't even want the mastermind of this crap to die but to live as how everybody he/she has wronged lives.

two wrongs don't make a right and never will.
[edit on 9-3-2009 by jatsc]

etc..

jatsc, why so negative? And presumptuous? I said yes, but I do not want mass death, genocide, pain or suffering. Nor does collapse or chaos explicitly mean any of those things will happen. As a matter of fact wouldn't genocide need a certain degree of order to even be attempted?

Pain and suffering happens now. It will always happen, whether we live in an ordered society or not. It seems like you're equating chaos and collapse to World War III.

I'm hoping for collapse and chaos because I believe chaos breeds order. And the current order is in need of a change. Also what I had commented prior, I'm convinced it would better my life. There is no guarantee the next order will be better, but it won't be the same as the current one.

Furthermore, I have a notion that a majority of the yes answers are wishful thinking, but also a nifty indicator of the kind of attitude floating around right now.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Sure looks like Bale

Thats awesome!!

I think the next shot has John Mccain ridding a Snuffleupegus...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Hell no it's not something I look forward too - as allot of people are going to die - mostly children and 99% of people over 70. I'll deal with it when it comes, but it's not what I want.

I'm 74" and 285lbs and even though I'm over 40 years old I'm still bigger, stronger, faster and smarter than 95% of the population roaming the earth. Unless I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time when a meteor hits or something or I blow a heart valve and can't find a heart surgeon I am going to survive - unless of course I'm 70 when it hits. As always I will stand up and help the weak, but I'll have to cut stupid people loose to survive.

What how could you survive when your 74 and you said 99% of the people over 70 will die then you said your going to survive unless of course I'm over 70 when it hits but your over 70 ? That makes no sense.

The poster was stating seventy four inches
...thats 6 foot 2 inches..

[edit on 3/9/2009 by tribewilder]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Plasma applicator

Some will survive. The more you have prepared for it, the better your chances. What's misguided about that?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Short answer to OP question: Yes I do.

Why?

Because I despise the way we humans live on this beautiful little world. We live here based on greed, disinformation and control and for that to end it must come to a complete end.

We cannot allow banks and financial institutions to hold such strong leverage over our world again. Better then for them to go down now.

I do look forward to the end of how we live here, and more importantly, the rebuilding of what is to follow. That to me is the only important thing, the Vision we hold for the future.

When everything else fails it will be chaotic, that should be understood by all people. It will be very hard times, but, hard times brings out the worst and the very Best of humanity. So I see great positives ahead.

These positives are about building a future based solely on equality for all people, support for all people's abilities/ gifts and a semi return to a much simpler way of life without all the Hype, Pressure, Indoctrinated Dreams,etc, of our current systems.

If we prevent the demise of this current system, we cannot build anew. Therefore the whole sytem built on the mindset of Might is Right must reach its natural conclusion and be completed. Otherwise we are inviting it into the future in order for humanity to experience the finalisaton of it for good. Better to get over it now then.

Be well, be strong and aware.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There is another alternative: Our federal government can surrender, declare bankruptcy, and disband itself and cut all 50 states loose to become sovereign nations. This of course would not please all those foreign nations holding all that debt and fiat dollars issued by the now defunct USA .. but hey, #$%@ them! I can tell you this much ~ I'm not going to be paying off any of that national debt, none of that bailout money either! I'm retired and no longer have enough income to be taxed, so NAH!

In preparation for this crash and burn, I think I should start filling out applications to immigrate to some other nation. Wouldn't that be funny if suddenly one day everyone that had at least a nickle in the bank up and left the USA for greener pastures. Imagine the surprise of all those left behind. "Hey, where did nanny go to, I'm hungry? Whose pockets will we pick now?"

If things don't change for the better here in the USA, I know a lot of people will be doing exactly that: LEAVING .. for greener pastures, without all this debt and control over our personal lives. Heck, I might even consider buying a boat and go live out in international waters, ha.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonking76
reply to post by Lasheic

If natural selection is still acting on humanity, why is our population growing larger and more diluted every year? Economics is part of the reason, if economics fails we are more likely to return to a more 'real' survival of the fittest... survival being the ability to attract a mate, survive long enough, etc.

People are living now longer than ever. Not because they are 'fittest.' Therefore the weak survive long enough to procreate even though they are diluting the gene pool.

Disclaimer:....and color of skin has nothing to do with it.

Because natural selection is not a form of population check. Never has been. Availability of and competition over resources is. Natural Selection favors cooperation, which is why you see social groupings, herds, flocks, schools, packs, etc, so often in nature - to make no mention of inter-species cooperation and symbiosis. Your own body is home to about 5lbs and well over 1,000 different species of microbes on average. These microbes are not present in fetuses, but are acquired throughout the organism's life. They assist in our digestion and their byproducts help provide us with essential nutrients.

Now as an example of natural selection, take this hypothetical situation. Consider the case of the LRP5 mutation in which a rare variation creates hyper-dense and nearly unbreakable bones. If a child is born with that mutation, and is riding his bike with a friend who doesn't have that mutation. A speeding car pulls out in front of them, and they collide. Neither child is wearing a helmet, and both strike their heads. The child with they hyper-dense skull bones may or may not suffer brain damage as a result of his brain colliding with the inside of his skull, but the child who did not have the mutation has his head split open by the car's bumper and dies on the scene.

The child with the beneficial mutation is more likely to survive and have children of his own. Natural Selection. The child with the denser bones is better adapted to his environment than the child without. And yes, the LRP5 mutation is real and detailed in the New England Journal of Medicine.

And.... again... you're using the term "Survival of the Fittest". This has NOTHING TO DO WITH GENETIC FITNESS OR EVOLUTION. Never has. It is far more accurate to say "survival of the most well adapted". "Fittest" is an arbitrary term, and what is fit for one environment is not fit for all environments. Is a Puma more fit than a Hippo? If so, then why are there still Hippos? Do you see now why "Survival of the fittest" is faulty?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Absolutely, this system is so screwed I wake up every day groaning to live another day in this slave fascist society. I pray and look forward to the day where I can wake up a totally free human being. Then, I can begin my life.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Absolutely, this system is so screwed I wake up every day groaning to live another day in this slave fascist society. I pray and look forward to the day where I can wake up a totally free human being. Then, I can begin my life.

Totally free, but most likely looting and/or getting looted for whatever you have.. good luck having any sort of control over anything if this whole thing self destructs..

I want the same thing but it can't happen like that, the world you would live in if financials crashed along with the market would be total anarchy, not a walk in the park. All the sudden advancing to being a totally "free human being" isn't in the cards ma'am.. I'm not even sure what that means

IMHO people that want this are the people at 0 absolutely bankrupt, or people that really aren't that smart, sorry to say

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Cripes, you're both right. "Fittest" in this context, means fittest for purpose = best adapted.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

And.... again... you're using the term "Survival of the Fittest". This has NOTHING TO DO WITH GENETIC FITNESS OR EVOLUTION. Never has. It is far more accurate to say "survival of the most well adapted". "Fittest" is an arbitrary term, and what is fit for one environment is not fit for all environments. Is a Puma more fit than a Hippo? If so, then why are there still Hippos? Do you see now why "Survival of the fittest" is faulty?

Survival of Fittest or survival of most well adapted.. same thing. Yeah, that's what I was saying.

"Fittest" is just a word for me to describe the smartest, strongest, wittiest, most intellegent, fastest, most agile .... luckiest? I did not mean the guy who exercises in the gym every day, or has a mutation. Perhaps I shouldn't have used Darwin's term as it seems to be linked with too much in the past.

I mean whatever helps you to win out and reproduce, which you will likely pass on to your offspring.

I would rather die and let the human race continue as a "fitter" race, than continue in this stagnant pool of self-delusion. Family will come first again, and maybe MORE people will actually give a **** about their kids for a change. The way it is now we live based on the hope that Tomorrow will be a brighter day, even though that hope is based in pure fantasy.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Very much so.

This world and the powers that control it have reached the tipping point.

Great past societies of this world have come and passed numerous times.

It is inevitable that there comes a point where we all just self destruct and then start all over again.

The strongest and luckiest will survive.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No. And I think that the people who do are sociopaths.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Thank You!

For that

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voiceoftreason

Some will survive. The more you have prepared for it, the better your chances. What's misguided about that?

Sure some will survive. Being prepared can help for a while. There also would be many events you can’t prepare for. Every body thinks it’s the other guy that’s going to die. Did anybody in this thread raise his or her hand and say, hey I am going to get shot over a bottle of water? If things got that bad people on this thread would die. Who is it going to be? The other guy .

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Sure thing. If this society is your term of reference, I'll be a sociopath any day.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Sure thing. If this society is your term of reference, I'll be a sociopath any day.

Thank You!

For this.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes, I wish this would happen.
Basic simple: Yes.

I have seen death, starvation and disease. Wars and Fighting. It is nothing new to me.

I am prepared. My family will survive.

When everything calms down, I'll help my neighbors survive. Until then, Me and Mine are all I worry about.

(This is rather a dark post from my normal tone on the ATS forums... Also reveals alittle more about myself then I wish I wrote.)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plasma applicator

Sure some will survive. Being prepared can help for a while. There also would be many events you can’t prepare for. Every body thinks it’s the other guy that’s going to die. Did anybody in this thread raise his or her hand and say, hey I am going to get shot over a bottle of water? If things got that bad people on this thread would die. Who is it going to be? The other guy .

You're not wrong. However, if didn't think it'll be the other guy - hell, why not just top yourself now? You'll die anyway, right?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris

Thank You!

For this.

Good luck with this guys.. no more posting on ATS (how many of you would that automatically kill?) no more grocery store, no more air conditioning, most likely no electricity, no more credit (which 99% of you most likely rely on)

I hope you all like fishing, starting fires with rocks, and playing OLD MAID with the good ol'boys.... that sounds exciting

Im really not trying to be an ass about any of this,, but really some of you are clueless

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join