It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you HOPING for a complete collapse and chaos to happen?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Boy part of me sure is. Checking the mind is a very good thing for anyone. A slap in the face is usually a pretty good wake up call. Many will benefit and we hope that those who think they are in control will realize just how badly deluded they have been.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Election of public officials,or servants had proved uneffective,(research the way it was done when it worked in the past).....

There have been no real choices of candidates who could weather the media storm during an election cycle for at least 20 years,probably longer.

Fighting the masters without a plan would "possibly" not work,because watching TeeVee for years has softened our minds too much not to bicker at one another too much to get anything done,we live our lives like the fake people on TeeVee,TeeVee is the example which we live by,we form our reactions to situation by it's example,Just stop watching for awhile,and you will see it more clearly.

The U.S. is owned almost entirely by corporations,the U.S. IS A CORPORATION,which uses corporate,legally "colored" fiat money to control us through commerce.

The efforts of the legal "system",the local and federal governments,the corporations,are about to come to fruition.

If too many people wake up there will be chaos,maybe,but the universe is chaos anyway,chaos which occurs within set natural laws,which can only result in certain results,or finalities.

The real problem is mankind,mankind refuses to recognize that from which he springs,and that which is more powerful than himself.

When we finish destroying our environment,we will have destroyed ourselves along with it.

So in the end it really doesn't mean # anyway.

Lets just have a grand old time doing whatever we want till it all falls down,and cap or club,or get anyone drunk,or whatever.. who wants to wreck our fkn good time.

Just shut up and drink.

There really ain't all that much point in worrying about it,we all know we won't get anything done,we,as a race, never do.

Hey hey!

[edit on 14-3-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
IMO, people who are wishing for this to occur are gravely underestimating the negative consequences that will follow. If you think things now are bad, do you think they will be any better when various militia-type group circle your city and find something they want? What if they want to take your possessions? What if they hate your face, race or ethnicity? What if they want to rape your sister/mother?

If there is no governmental authority in place to control large groups of hungry, horny and hate-filled individuals, do you think these people will think twice about giving into their impulses?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A total collapse will set us back as a race total chaos i cant see this coming anytime soon even with the current situation.
And if so it happens in the end we will end up being controlled as we are now most of the people posting here are from the us just to make myself clear Americans are not stupid.
You can look at the educational system like a factory that takes raw material and turns it in to sheep it is very carefully planned and improved from hundreds of years ago it produces the way we think now along with the news n all that....
Religion hail the all mighty god... Yeah right i feel that beveling in god is like beveling in Santa God any god may it be Jesus may it be Allah or whatever that is all a scam it is basically a guide book for what to do and what not to in order to be accepted in to the masses with the imposed fear of going to hell xaxa
Why is it that every time i take out my wallet to pay for a cup of coffee i see this in god we trust on the us dollar? or better yet why is it that i have to pay for it in the first place this system that we have in place now is going to crash it is unavoidable and it has been setting us back for hundreds of years i bet if we had no money just resources our technology and way of life would be beyond our wildest imagination. I don't know what needs to be done there are so many possible routs to a brighter future for our children why should they be sucked in to this monetary system?? Some of you are saying that you have worked you're whole life to secure a future for you kids put them trough collage and a collapse will destroy all that i agree with you but don't you think that in a strange way you will be helping them? Well thats just my thoughts on the subject i am just 24

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Native Americans and other tribes of people have existed before us and will probably continue to survive long after "modern" people die out due to our own greed. I for one would hate to see technology disappear due to a disaster or war but if it means the world survives then so be it.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So whats the tabulation? ANYONE TAKE THE TIME TO SEE JUST HOW MANY ARE HOPING FOR...Ultimate destruction?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Anarchy in america would be hell! no one in big cities know how to grow a crop so they probably resort to cannabilism or they would rob crops in nebraska or whatever.
Youll have to be prepared to protect your property.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by burndogg]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Wanted to post my story here but you pretty much summed it up!
We lost power for a few hours and it was a good "dry run" and also
a good wakeup call. One can easily see how it could turn from bad to
worse for the unprepared.
When you are cold, hungry, thirsty, scared, in the dark, its no fun!
And that would probably be pretty much the norm I'm afraid.....

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by burndogg

You don't know much about city dwellers, doubt you have lived in one. Most people in cities were not born there, myself included. Cities are a tough place to livem and living in them are tough people. Please don't preach ignorance.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
America would be F$%#ed if the goverment collapsed. You simply dont have enough farmland to feed your people. Starving people from cities would raid neighboring states for food. People in cities would probably resort to cannabilism. America relies on imports and if the goverment collapsed then that means no money wich means no imports wich means starvation for people in New York and L.A. Theres as many people in New York as in ALL of Canada and we're bigger then you. we'll survive.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Let me ask a few questions to those seemingly desperate for total social collapse and chaos.

Have you really considered all possible 'aftermath' scenarios?

What if you had a newborn child or immanently expecting at the time?

Would you really be happy to see everything you own or had worked for be destroyed or taken away/lost?

Personally I suspect not.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hell no!!!!! I don't want world economic, social, and political catastrophe to simultaneously occur. The state of complete utter chaos. Why would anyone want that to happen? Have people completely lost their minds? This must be a joke. Why would you ask such a silly question? Go home.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Still think chaos will reign? Still hope for it? Has your mindset changed?

Are you hoping for the collapse or that we avoid it?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Wow Seeker mom, we have the same avatar. Did you recentl;y change yours or something?

The world Bank just declared chaos and social unrest soon. Therefore I agree it is worse than we think. It is inevitable. We should all heed the warning. I would love to be optimistic and say things are wonderful in our Country that our children will prosper.

We are about to enter a new era, ready or not. In 2007 no one would have predicted this we had weath and prosperity, homes were rising in value. We were taught that everything goes up in value. We were wrong gravity set in. “What goes up must come down”

The difference this time is this is NOT a typical business cycle, that weeds out the bad companies and leave the viable ones standing. Bailouts have ruined that, not to mention this is a global recession.

If the economists are correct and we wont come out of this for 4 or 5 years this will be considered a Depression, most likely with hyperinflation.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The less you have to lose, the easier it is to hope for collapse. The more you have to lose, the more terrifying the prospect.

Our system is corrupt, opaque, frequently unfair, and often grinds people up like a meatgrinder -- financially, psychologically, spiritually, and socially. If you have been a victim of "the system" its easier to root for destruction and chaos.

In my life, I've been up and I've been down. I've been through a few periods of my life where my financial situation was extreme dire, I was depressed, I felt the future would be hopeless, I was unstable, I had little to lose, and I felt locked outside of "the system." I've also been blessed with good fortune and comparitive wealth and stability at other times. I can see in myself and in my own memory that my attitude towards "TSHTF" has changed somewhat along with those ups and downs.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
part of me thinks most of you people and certain countries have this comeing ..... for your closed minded arrogance. ignorance, and just pure cowardness of yourselfs and your parents who are partly to blame, either they where to stupid, racist or closed minded and uncareing at what there leaders did in there name. Think of it as cosmic karma or a culling.

You reap what you sow stands true for countries as well as individuals

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
*personal opinion*

Anyone that wants a collapse of this country should get their head examined.

Do you have any idea what would happen?

1. No more electricity

2. No more gasoline

3. No more store to buy groceries

4. No more internet (that would kill some of you im guessing)

5. No more house (its not yours anymore)

I could go on and on, but I wont. There will be some that "hope for a brighter future" etc.. thats all "hippy" talk, and you just better get real.. your personal debts will never leave you prob. no matter what, and dont think the people that have power now will relinquish it...

If USA totally falls, so do all your rights, and you could be subject to anything at that point.

You (we) that live in this country should be so lucky..

Pretty ignorant people on here sometimes it seems

*/end personal opinion*

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Perhaps most important, GBM...

If the S&P 500 were to drop into the 300-500 range (which I assume would happen if we totally collapsed) then pension and annuity obligations would drive nearly all (USA) insurance companies into bankruptcy. In the USA, our medical system is built upon insurance companies. I hope everybody can see where I'm going with this...

Our medical system would be one of the first sectors to collapse.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Yes..

There is of course a list of a million things that would change, but you only need to highlight a few to make a point..

BTW, I am talking a total collapse of market as well.. if the USA falls, so does the NYSE, etc...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was thinking, how has this changed for any of you? Are you still hoping for a collapse? Are you still hoping we don't have one?

For those of you that didn't see this the first time, what are your thoughts? Are you hoping for a complete collapse and chaos to reign, and if so why?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join