It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Sounds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was reading a post recently about the seneca guns which i thought was pretty amazing, then i found these reports on wiki, about possible sounds that could either be from a creature bigger than a blue whale, or something like a underwater ufo? interesting huh....

The Bloop

The Quacker

The bloop one even has a sample of the sound although it has been sped up by 16x

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Unidentified sounds!
I've never heard of them.
(I do make them on occasion though)
That is some interesting stuff there, people see unidentified things all the time.. so why not hear things that are unexplainable? I mean, it makes sense doesn't it?

I really have no idea as to what they could be from, since I don't have much knowledge of underwater audio recordings. (short of sticking a mic into a condom and putting it into a washing machine)

Here is some things to think about:
Water, or any other liquid as a sound carrier differs from air in terms of frequency response and time. From what I have been reading, there are many variables that come into play... from depth, the amount particulate matter suspended in the liquid, to something as trivial as temperature. All of these things can obscure a "true" sound and alter its characteristics.

What does all of this this mean you may ask?
Your all's guess is as good as mine. With there being untold amounts of species in our oceans, it is not defying my own logic to say that... well.. this could very well be a sound from some beastly thing we have yet to discover, or even vehicles that we know nothing of. I have no proof for that of course, it's just a hypothesis I have.

Here is a link that explains (in some depth) the sound in water thing I was speaking of:
www.waterencyclopedia.com...

On "the bloop" sound, well it sounds to me like a bubbly bloop thing.. (aptly named) which is what I would expect if it is sped up 16x. I would say that if it is slowed down to it's original length it would be one big droney-ambient wash. Most likely being ELF waves that won't come out of normal speakers, but it could be a fun experiment for me anyway. (I dig ambient)

So, sure... why not unidentified sounds?
Seems logical.

HTH
T-

[forgot a line]

[edit on 09/3/9 by telemetry]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
yea its pretty out of it... Who knows what could be lurking down there? pretty crazy how they have released ex top secret encounters about it, goes to show that if something is indeed unknown the government instantly classifies it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My first thread

It's something big for sure. Big animal? Earth crust movement?
But you have to keep in mind that those sound are accelerate from their original version.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thank you for this find.

I included it to my USO Thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well they did say it matched that of a living animal, but it would be a huge animal.
This stuff is really interesting. Hopefully there is more soon. Although we are just hearing about this 12 years later. so i dunno

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yea i reckon there must be some kind of large animals that we havn't discovered yet, i mean most of the money is spent on wars and such, wouldnt it be better to spend it on discovering our planet!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Very interesting. Would be amazing if there was an undiscovered water giant.

I am leaning towards an underwater UFO. Many sightings report craft entering and exiting the ocean.

Why would they speed up the bloop x16???

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

Yes it would be amazing... some extremely large underwater giant, and highly possible methinks. There are many strange species being discovered all the time, all over the world. There is also a multitude of sea-trenches that we do not have the capability of exploring within our current technological knowns.

To answer your question about 'the bloop' more than likely it has been sped up simply because it was recorded over a very long time. Kinda like a very long burrrrrrp. Maybe it was an extremely long sound, and it could take 30 minutes to hear it from beginning to end. Reducing it by 16x was necessary for the listeners sake.

Whether these sounds come from an extraterrestrial source, or a terrestrial one is beyond me, and begs something of question in terms of research. One can only wonder.

Cheers,
T-

[nvm]

[edit on 09/3/30 by telemetry]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The scientists who analyzed the Bloop say it is organic in nature--a very large living organism produced it, not a USO. They ruled out Giant Squid, and whatever it is, it's supposedly bigger than a Blue Whale. Interestingly, the sound was only heard once.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Maybe the stars are right and the great Cthulhu is rising

This is strange and unexplained, but it has been there for a few years at least.
Since we have explored the moon more than the depth of the oceans, it could easily be anything from unknown creature, tectonic action, USO or something else. We should explore our own backyard more, but since there are no resources at those depth that can be harvested easily, we probably wont see that soon.

There's also the hum that is surely discussed here somewhere.

Very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join