It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente-Game is Over- FDIC! Banks! Stocks!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
celente brings up a great psychological point when he mentions; that people who own investments and stocks and other assets often have a Willful delusion........because they are so hopeful that their assets will recoup they don't want to imagine any other scenario....but on the flip side of the coin.....celente is preparing for the worst and predicting the worst.....so i think he could be in a willful delusion as well ....sort of hoping his predictions come true....possibly more due to a hidden desire for the corrupt system to have a chance to be cleansed...

.I think Celente may be proven correct.............but i don't know if we can be sure now.....and the Fed's and politicos are tying to keep the debt ponzi going...it appears they are willing to keep spending and potentially sacrifice the currency's.....in exchange for another year or so of (wealthy elite american bailouts) and .perhaps "only" a deep recession VS. a quicker transition to a depression.....

....the spending (stimulus) card can be played by america more easily than in other country's because we still have the World Reserve Currency....with outsourcing of jobs and the financial sector as well as real estate and insurance leading the growth engine of america (debt growth)...the spending may increase GDP (which still may be negative) ... but not Unemployment, worker productivity minimally and standard of lving (a little) ....SHOULD we lose the dollar as world reserve currency we will go from a deep recession / mild depression into a soviet union style collapse/severe depressiion . (war could be launched vs. any company that drops dollar....watch OPEc)

The dollar as world reserve currency affords the u.s the ability to spend spend spend and have minimal impact on price inflation (for imported goods)......this may allow us to stay in a deep recession/soft depression for a couple years more bc otherwise we would fall into depression like other country's will probably do BEFORE US....

when we lose the dollar as world reserve currency we lose our super power status...it is THAT simple.....lose military strength....and that is why we fill fight to maintain it (OPEC plans launch to new currency in 2010) watch for war there

[edit on 9-3-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

You know what would happen if Buffet went on CNBC and said run for the hills, we're all going down? The markets would plummet. Freefall. Worse than what we've seen.

Buffet knows what his opinion is worth and will never say there isn't hope. He's towing the line just like all the others.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What I cant understand why people are still making decisions these days. Computer have gotten so good ever major decisions should be game planned through computer simulations. And these bozo's are still developing solutions from out of touch areas.

Ridiculy.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Okay, everyone says get prepared, but how? If you take your money out now and hyperinflation comes, your money is worth nothing.

So do you leave it in stocks, or wherever it is and hope it goes up or is there the possibility that when you need or want your money you can't get it.

Whatever, there seems to be no easy answer.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

You could check out www.rareseeds.com or www.organicaseed.com
There are several other heirloom seed companies,do a dogpile search.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

How do you maintain composure in the face of economic collapse, potential gov/EBE abductions/murders, and all sorts of various scary things world societies have to offer?

DON'T PANIC!

Do you need the government to tell you right from wrong?

NO!

Do any of these potential threats reduce your survivability?

NO!

You do not have to fear any of these things, nor will the collapse of Western Society prevent you from making smart decisions if you refuse to panic, and do what you have to do to not only survive, but help as many as you can to also group together and make ends meet regardless of potential catastrophe.

Only the people "in charge" need you to be scared of terrorists, or evil, or monsters, or whatever else is discussed (I use that term loosely for some), and I know for a fact that no matter how many Orange Alerts the gov. plasters the airwaves with, or how many people believe in the supernatural, it will not make me or anyone else any more or less safe than they were before.

I may have beaten around the bush considerably, but the idea here is to refuse to panic, no matter how bad things may get and you can find solutions to literally anything life has to offer, even if modern civilization crushes itself under it's own bloated corpse. I give about a month from now before the engines of consumerism grind to a halt due to running for over 20 years on steam and prayer. I just hope you like a more "traditional" lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Okay, everyone says get prepared, but how? If you take your money out now and hyperinflation comes, your money is worth nothing.

So do you leave it in stocks, or wherever it is and hope it goes up or is there the possibility that when you need or want your money you can't get it.

Whatever, there seems to be no easy answer.

Well, actually, there is an answer. If you do not trust the government you can first buy a safe. Now invest the rest of your money in guns and gold bars. Not gold certificates or any of that nonsense, but gold bars. I've wrestled with this idea for awhile, but remember, if the economy turns around and the dollar raises in value, your gold will quickly start losing value.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
The website www.heirloomseeds.com is currently out of order for spring and won't be shipping until summer-fall. Any other good suggestions out there?

Try
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds: rareseeds.com...
Victory Seeds: www.victoryseeds.com...
Heirloom Acres Seeds: www.heirloomacresseeds.com...
CherryGal: www.cherrygal.com...

link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Thank you for that. I have been stuck in the mode that gold stocks, which I am heavily invested in, would, as in past times, rise at a greater percentage than gold. Actually, we, are currently seeing gold stocks lag way behind.

I needed this kick in the butt, however, I don't think that gold is the be all and end all. Bartering or giving in to the inflation and keeping a little in stock may be part of the answer.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

link   
want to see what a trillion dollars looks like check out this link. kinda of cool.
www.gixxer.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I bought some seeds on ebay:

Garden In A Can - Carrot, Squash, Corn Seeds & More! 16 Vegetable Varieties, 15,000+ Heirloom Organic Seeds

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by epete22
What I cant understand why people are still making decisions these days. Computer have gotten so good ever major decisions should be game planned through computer simulations. And these bozo's are still developing solutions from out of touch areas.

Ridiculy.

A lot of the trading is done with computers today, especially in the commodities trade such as oil.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Drudge is running this ad for seeds at the top of their page now:

www.survivalseedbank.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The website www.heirloomseeds.com is currently out of order for spring and won't be shipping until summer-fall. Any other good suggestions out there?

try this site...www.vegetableseedwarehouse.com...

or most hardware stores, and all nurserys, and even some grocery stores will have seeds. Look for any heirloom seed (non genetically modified)

Originally posted by Ahabstar

I would highly recommend reading the Survival Forum and make preparations. A packet of heirloom seeds is worth more than gold when you need it...lighter too

Excellent idea!

Dont panic, just prepare. That is the sole reason I posted this...to try to make us think about our choices each day. Choose to prepare a little each day....it can be done.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetpeanc

Try
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds: rareseeds.com...
Victory Seeds: www.victoryseeds.com...
Heirloom Acres Seeds: www.heirloomacresseeds.com...
CherryGal: www.cherrygal.com...

Baker creek is right up the way from me, so that is where I have bought for years and have never been let down, I have to say though that they are out of stock on many things already. I tell you though I have recieved seeds from them that say only 40% germination and every last seed sprang up and we are still growing strong years later. You know one tomato will give you enough seed for 500 plants next year, lol its true.

I love Baker creek.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Yes and Alex Jones is advertising that seeds will out do gold in sitx. I hear his commercial every time I turn on the radio.

And as for the poster that asked how we veteran atsers manage to remain calm, well we discuss everything down to the last possible option, then we prefreak when hard evidence is produced then some of our more positive minded members come in to do a clean up of the floors and remind us that each month something new and exciting is going to happen and calm us down, but the most important thing whether your a catastrophysist or a debunker, we have as many contingencies planned out in advance that when things happen we have a network that keeps us informed when the msm wont, and we ARE prepared as much as possible in our private lives, what more can you do at that point other than continue our networking friendships, gather and share info and try to enjoy our lives and the people we love.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
when we lose the dollar as world reserve currency we lose our super power status...it is THAT simple.....lose military strength....and that is why we fill fight to maintain it (OPEC plans launch to new currency in 2010) watch for war there

Brilliant post...excellent view point. Applause!!! The bigger picture may indeed be our friend or ultimately...our worst enemy.

Makes me contemplate what might be on the bankers minds meeting soon in London...and leads me right back to the G20 summits on April 2, 2009.

I came across this video today, and posted it in another thread, thought I would post it here. Very informative....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Do you live near a Whole Foods store? We purchased our heirloom seeds there.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

You have to join the site, fill out all your info and then I suppose you see the trillion? No way man!!! Take a screen shot if you can and show us...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

And as for the poster that asked how we veteran atsers manage to remain calm, well we discuss everything down to the last possible option, then we prefreak when hard evidence is produced then some of our more positive minded members come in to do a clean up of the floors and remind us that each month something new and exciting is going to happen and calm us down, but the most important thing whether your a catastrophysist or a debunker, we have as many contingencies planned out in advance that when things happen we have a network that keeps us informed when the msm wont, and we ARE prepared as much as possible in our private lives, what more can you do at that point other than continue our networking friendships, gather and share info and try to enjoy our lives and the people we love.

More applause!!!! Thank you Antar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join