It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Quebec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I have been a reader here on and off for the last 2 or 3 years. I finally decided that it would be time to post some reply and write a little bit. English is a second language for me, so please be gentle.

I was researching a few years ago about the 911 conspiracies, that is why I found this site. However, I am interested in a lot of other things. UFO, current events, science.

I consider myself a open-minded skeptic. Skeptic because I tend to need some proof before ''believing in something''. As an atheist, ''believing'' is a word I don't like.

Hope to continue to read such great news\opinion\fiction here.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey, grandnic. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Thanks, that was fast !

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yeah...same minute you posted, huh..

I need a life.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Welcome back fellow Canuck. Yes damn it, Quebec IS part of Canada. There I go with the politics again.
Sorry, I just don't see Canada as Canada without Quebec. My grandmother was French.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You're a welcome addition to ATS. Enjoy - there's lots to read - dig around a bit in your free time!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Salut mon ami.
Bienvenu!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Salut mon ami.
Bienvenu!!

La politique d'ATS est anglaise seulement.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I know I was just being nice.
Its a nice welcome.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Welcome..................but only if your a habs fan
Ole' Ole'

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Welcome back fellow Canuck. Yes damn it, Quebec IS part of Canada. There I go with the politics again.
Sorry, I just don't see Canada as Canada without Quebec. My grandmother was French.

I understand fellow Canuck (until...:lol
, my father is a anglo-quebecker (dam I hate the way it sound in English) I was raised in both language, a real bilingual family. Most of my family lives in English Canada. But, you see, I think that we are different culture, not better or worse, just different. I also think that the country is too big and have such diverse interest that it could not work. I would like to see a sort of de-centralized union. Something along the lines of Europeen Union. I know this is maybe Utopian, but I think that it would make us stronger. Was it not Trudeau (which by the way I don't like much) that said : ''Canada is a country against all judgment and reason'' or something like that. I don't have the exact quote now.

I should start preparing a thread in the regional politics forum ... I'll probably end up being the only one to defend Quebec.

Thanks for the welcome.

Have a nice day, I just love winter.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandnic
But, you see, I think that we are different culture, not better or worse, just different.

Oh hell yeah. That makes us strong. I had a helluva time in Montreal last year. The only thing that was disconcerting was being able to tell the French from the English by their waistlines.
The French are fitter.

I also think that the country is too big and have such diverse interest that it could not work. I would like to see a sort of de-centralized union. Something along the lines of Europeen Union. I know this is maybe Utopian, but I think that it would make us stronger.

I don't know about that. That sentiment is prevalent in Alberta too. Regionalism is what's hurting the country imo.

I should start preparing a thread in the regional politics forum ... I'll probably end up being the only one to defend Quebec.

I look forward to it. I will defend Quebec too, as an important part of Canada. Btw, I don't vote for Harper but he got that one thing right.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thank you for your warm welcome in my native language.

While I understand why ATS has a rule about other language than english, I think that the mods should give a break in the presentation forum.

Anyway thanks a lot

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I should start preparing a thread in the regional politics forum ...

Go for it. The forum will be richer by your comments.

I'll probably end up being the only one to defend Quebec.

I doubt that. Quebec is a gorgeous province with a friendly population and too many attractions to list. My last trip there was to Maniwaki and I had a wonderful time meeting a large number of young and old Quebeckers at the gathering in Kitigan Zibi.

Talk about culture!!!

The fact that I am mostly unilingual (English) was no trouble at all. When I tried my horrible French, they would laugh and quickly switch to English for me.

I just love winter.

Now THERE is something I can disagree with, especially in March.

Welcome to ATS, grandnic. I hope you find the experience here as pleasant as my experiences in Quebec have been.

[edit on 9/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I had a helluva time in Montreal last year. The only thing that was disconcerting was being able to tell the French from the English by their waistlines.
The French are fitter.

You're right, I grew up in Montreal ... but the girls are even nicer in Quebec City. When I moved here a few years ago, my father told me : '' In Quebec there is much hills, so the girls here have the nicest b... ...rear end ''

The city is so nice. When I go to the old town, I can fool myself into believing I am in Europe. And last summer Paul McCartney made a show on the plains of Abraham ... awesome !

I don't know about that. That sentiment is prevalent in Alberta too. Regionalism is what's hurting the country imo.

I always taught that the ROC would kick us out before we would secede. We in Quebec have so much influence and power compared to our demographic percentage. I mean, before Harper, most of the prime minister I knew where from Quebec ... Mulroney, Chretien ruled the country for a long time. Harper didn't receive much support in Quebec, that's why
IMO he didn't get a majority government.

It's pretty calm at work this month, I'll try to make a post about the politics of Quebec tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Thank you for your warm welcome in my native language.

While I understand why ATS has a rule about other language than english, I think that the mods should give a break in the presentation forum.

I was cracking a joke. Just light hearted banter.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sarcasm and jokes are sometime hard to get while in the written form. There should be a way of writing with colours to signify the tone of voice employed. For example, red for angly, yellow for sarcastic ... etc.

Anyway, thank you all for your warm welcome, I should have started posting a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i love your sig grand nic ...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hello! I just joined myself, so I wanted to give you a big welcome! I would love to hear more about you..please keep us informed!

Fullmoonfairy

top topics

join