It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Blockbuster Gift for Brown: 25 DVDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Obama's Blockbuster Gift for Brown: 25 DVDs

www.foxnews.com

While the British prime minister presented Obama with uniquely historical gifts symbolizing America's relationship with England, the president gave Brown a set of movies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-3-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Prime Minister Brown gave President Obama three gifts.

The first of which is a pen holder fashioned from the oak timber of HMS Gannet, a Navy vessel that served on anti-slavery missions off Africa.

Another treasure given to Obama is a framed commissioning paper for the HMS Resolute, a Royal Navy ship that came to symbolize British-American goodwill when it was rescued by the U.S. from icebergs and given to Queen Victoria. It is the sister ship of the HMS Gannet.

Finally, Brown gave Obama a first edition of Martin Gilbert's seven-volume biography of Winston Churchill, whose World War II partnership with President Franklin Roosevelt symbolized the U.S.-Anglo alliance.

In addition to the 25 DVDS Obama gave back a bust of Winston Churchill given to President Bush following the 911 attacks. It was given to show solidarity between the British and the US. Prime Minister Brown said, no it was a gift, but Obama insisted. Talk about a slap in the face.

I find this laxydaisy attitude of Obama lame and lazy and my opinion of the man has gone down the crap pan.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-3-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
huh....typical.

This is one of those one liners!!!

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm with you buddy. I think the entire US owes an apology to the citizens of the UK for the treatment that was bestowed upon PM Brown. Like Brown or not he was here as an official representative of the UK, our greatest ally.

I tried to stir up a buzz earlier on the topic but it mostly fell upon deaf ears. The US MSM has neglected to run the story as well. Fox news is the exception.

My apologies for the rank and amateur behavior of our president and his wife.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Did you see the gift Hilary gave her counterpart in Russia? It was a red button!!! Nice eh? The Russian seemed a bit taken aback by it. I can't remember the details, but it was suppose to be a joke. The translation was even wrong and it didn't state what she wanted it to. But seriously, a red button?!? I don't think we need any verbage to figure that one out!

PS -not a wear on your lapel button, a push down button.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I love the average American guy/girl you are the salt of the earth.

I had the great honour of serving along side 7RTC American marine corps in 2003 during the push.

I consider every American my freind and would gladly go into battle with my head held high if a yank had my back.

It just hit's a place deep inside me i feel personaly insulted.

I can get over it... But should i feel this way about the leader of the U.S.A ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Wow, what a freaking looser we have for a president. What a way to honor an ally to the US. The best berry can do is give back a gift the UK gave us and DVD's? Hey, did this boob also throw in a bag of microwave popcorn too? Way to go BO, way to go.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm British and no apology is required. Most people in the UK don't want anything to do with New Labour & Gordon Brown and the next election can't come around quick enough. So we do fully understand if Obama wants nothing to do with Gordon Brown and New Labour. We certainly won't hold it against him.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I for one do not like or support Brown the man is a yammering buffoon.

However it's not just about Brown and labour is it.

It is more about one country showing a little Thought about another in this case our closest allie.

This is a tradition that has strong root's. It goes beyond the idiot who is currently running our country.

I for one did not vote for him nor did anyone else so how is he in charge ?

Anyway just try and see past brown the stumbling idiot that's all i ask.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 10-3-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Personally I can't see anything wrong with Obama's gifts. It appears that maybe Obama is sending Brown a suttle hint. Just look at some of the videos he gave Brown.

Star Wars - (Obama vs Brown) a war between good & evil. The morally just against the morally corrupt. Being evil is something Gordon Brown can directly relate too, but unfortunately the good guys always win. Obama being a force for good. Hopefully some of that goodness will rub off on Brown and the world will be saved.

Wizard of OZ - story about a Scarecrow in search of a brain, a Tin Man in search of a heart, and a Cowardly Lion in search of some courage. Gordom Brown could definitely learn something from watching this movie, considering he has neither, a brain, a heart or any courage.

need I go on.

Politicians turned their backs on us along time ago and it's about time we did likewise with them. One of the main reasons why I don't take any of them seriously.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Hopefully Brown picked up a dvd player while he was here...since those dvd's won't play in Britian. Different region.

Ooops.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I'm British and no apology is required. Most people in the UK don't want anything to do with New Labour & Gordon Brown and the next election can't come around quick enough. So we do fully understand if Obama wants nothing to do with Gordon Brown and New Labour. We certainly won't hold it against him.

Good, then spread the word among your British friends that not all of us Americans approve of his actions either. O obviously only has a pair for insulting our friends; not for leading. Who in their right mind would insult a country that gave us Dr. Who?!?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
OK, So what??... Obama is a regifter..

I think I'd still rather have the DVD's and it's more than the slack-jawed dumbass PM deserves anyway.

I bet long Christmas nights just fly by with prezzies like a seven volume autobiography being handed out in the Brown household.

Just gimme a gun,I'd rather shoot myself before opening them,even if there was nothing on TV except back to back Emmerdale,Corrie,and Eastenders.

Boyyyy!!!.. No wonder U.K is in a mess and no one smiles anymore.

top topics

join