It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Statements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Heres A thread I thought might be fun....

Post two statements that you've heard that just sound stupid as soon as you heard (or said) it.....

One should be something you've seen or heard on t.v./ radio/ internet, the other thats been said to you or you've said to someone...

I'll start off with my favourite ever taken from the many of the wonderfull G.W> Bush
neither do we

And my own one, and the one that made me think of this thread

I fell asleep on the couch last night and was woken by my son after a few hours to the statement...

Dad WAKE up its time to SLEEP.....

[edit on 9/3/2009 by whoswatchinwho]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
As a teenager I remember hearing grown, supposedly intelligent people say, "If you have a dream that you die in your sleep, you'll wake up dead".

Aside from the fact that if you die in your sleep you're not going to wake up at all, honestly, how would anyone know that? You'd have to wake up and tell someone you dreamed you died in your sleep and it really happened which is impossible.:shk:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I worked as a waiter in an olive garden, when someone wanted a new salad they asked: Can you bring me another salad without the veggies this time?

and of course my favorites are from my mother after a long days work. (she used to work 12 hour days when I was a child)

Raiding Skink (Skating Rink)

Does a poop, moose in the woods?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Haha. That's pretty funny. Sounds like your mother has a form of dyslexia in which words or phrases are turned around. There was a professor who had that and he would say the silliest things.

Once, when scolding a lazy student he ranted, "You are a disgrace! You have tasted the entire worm!" (wasted the entire term)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Both my mother and I have dyslexia. We say alot of strange things. Those are just my favorites.

mmm worms.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Tentickles]

new topics

top topics

join