It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by fooffstarr
reply to post by tothetenthpower
There is no evidence to suggest any of them exist, or ever did. Some of them relate to religious beliefs, others are just part of folklore. They were superstitions to fill in the gaps of ancient science.
Originally posted by fallenangel97
Hiya Fallen Angel, good question. From my point of view, only two on the list have a shot of being real...maybe one other but that's a personal/private belief and not for ATS...
4.Aliens are somewhere in the galaxy almost certainly and circumstantial evidence indicates they've been slightly 'closer to home' from time to time.
14.Ghosts? I'm conflicted here. I don't believe how or why they could exist? What would their point be? What mechanism or process would sustain them? Despite these questions, the house in which I grew up has left me with even more questions. Locked doors can't slam shut and empty rooms don't have voices and footsteps during a sunny afternoon. Mystified and still trying to work it out years later! My parents still live there and every Autumn they relate something odd happening.
Just for fun, here's an image of what's meant to be a ancient small demon...
I WISH that people would grow up and get a life, and stop making fake evidence...to the fakers, hoaxers and bad people (I wanted to write something else....but I am trying to stay within guidelines)....Get a life!!!
I think StretchUSA is referring to the fakers, in general, not at any ATS member on this thread. Youtube is bursting with with BS videos and he means those kinds of crapola.
[edit on 10-3-2009 by Kandinsky]
Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by fallenangel97
7. Banshee: Version of a ghost/spirit, so yes.
8. Bastet: Do you mean the Egyptian Cat Goddess? People do say Jesus existed, so why not the Gods and Goddesses.
9. Bigfoot/Sasquatch: The wilderness area is quite vast and there have been many reliable sightings of this creature. I think there is a strong possibility of its existence.
10. Blackdog/Hellhound: Another Christian myth creature. Is it possible spirits can take the form of a dog? That is possible.
11. Demon: They are in many myths and religions. It is possible they are versions of the poltergeist.
12. Dragon: I think they were the dinosaurs of long ago. They could also be crocs or alligators. I do not think the fire breathing type ever existed.
13. fae (Do you mean fairy?) No, I little winged person does not exist. Could of been people with dwarfism (Little People).
14. Ghost: Yes, they do exist.
15. Ghoul: A person who eats dead people. Not mythical, and I am sure there are sick individuals who do this.
16 Mermaid: Half human, half fish people do not exist. Most probably dolphins that followed the ships.
17. Mngwa: Unknown large gray cat is possible to still be undiscovered or a mutant variety of known cat.
18. Poltergeist: A ghost with a behavior problem is very possible. There have been many good cases of such phenomena.
19. Phoenix: More of a metaphor than an actual creature.
20. Nessie: It is possible a creature did get stuck in Loch Ness, but I do not think it could support a family of large creatures. All searches have had nil results, which make it even less likely. It is still possible the people saw an unknown creature, just not a family of them.
21. Sea Serpents: The ocean is vastly under explored, so any creature may still be possible.
22. A very large bird that has not yet been discovered is highly improbable since they do fly. Still, I keep an open mind as the West still is quite vast for these types of creatures to live in.
23. A Monster Quest was done on this creature, and the witnesses were very believable. It could be a large undiscovered bat.
These are my opinions on the various creatures listed. The thing is to keep an open mind, and on some of the non-supernatural creature, to keep gathering evidence for their existence.