It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may run for president of Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just one more example of how awesome the pool of stupid is that we have down here in Texas.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If Texas did secede from the union, it wouldn't be a small country - it's five times the size of the UK (although with less than half the population).

As far as I understand it, any state can secede from the union but the last time that happened was the American Civil War. Would secession lead to another?

If Texas succeeded in declaring sovereignty, would the President of Texas have to have been born in Texas? If not, I'm off to Heathrow, see you in a few hours!

Edited for typo.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

More evidence that the far right is coming completely unhinged and can't handle living in a democracy, where they might actually lose an election now and then.

Since when are the democrats and there anti gun freaks and treehuggers part of a democracy.

They violate the constitution more then the republicans with there guns bans in violations of the 2th amendments and there illegal property seizures for the treehuggers that violate the 4th amendment.

The list goes on but i will not list the many violations of the democrats.
They in many way are worse then the republicans.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
CHUCK has 69 today.
nice greetings amigo

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

i might be wrong

BUT - can't ANY state secede from the union?
I believe it's voluntary membership? It'd be completely stupid to secede...but still....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

the states now are trying to find out the possible way outs. but according to the constitution it is possible only under some conditions.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Who actually thinks a state will secede and jeopardize receiving all the money from federal grants, the military, road funds, etc.

Not to mention all the jobs that will be lost by fed employees.

But if a state does secede; no whining when the going gets rough.
Take responsibility for your ****up.

Yeah, and grow your own food, generate your own power, maintain your own infrastructure. So man up and do it.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

the states now are trying to find out the possible way outs. but according to the constitution it is possible only under some conditions.

the constitution is only law to bodies of government who choose to abide by it.

If you choose to secede from the union - you are no longer bound to the rules and laws of the USA and it's constitution.

Therefore, any state could secede at any time for any reason - though im not sure how each individual state law books would handle it (im sure there's a way)
but federal government can not tell a state that they CANNOT secede

they *CAN* tell that state that if they secede the receive no funding, no help, etc etc etc, and then all the citizens of that state would simply pack up and move across border lines.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by A NeWorlDisorder

Point taken, it's his father who is from maine then.

www.nndb.com...

The rich in Maine are a very small percentage of a less than average per capita income earning general populous. They like to summer here and live elsewhere the rest of the year. There are a lot of hard working, callous bearing folk in Maine that take no pride in any association with the Bush family and other old money types.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

they *CAN* tell that state that if they secede the receive no funding, no help, etc etc etc, and then all the citizens of that state would simply pack up and move across border lines.

They can also (and almost certainly would) invade and squash the secessionist .gov.

There is some historical precedent for this, ya know - it ended up costing at least 620,000 American lives.

Thus I say secession is an unwise choice

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I watch "Walker: Texas Ranger because it is funnier than any of the sitcoms that are supposed to be funny are.

But Chuck for President? You know Alex Jones would have a seat in that administration, and as much as I love Alex and Chuck, I would not like the religious maneuvering of any government they would set up. I am glad that it is being discussed.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Chuck Norris is awesome and all, but I would reccomend Megadeth's Dave Mustaine to govern TEXAS. besides, texas can talk trash to anyone it feels like.Am I right,fellow TEXANS!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would vote for Dave Mustaine over Chuck Norris any day.

He makes a hell of a lot more sense.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Since when are the democrats and there anti gun freaks and treehuggers part of a democracy.

Since they started voting.

Originally posted by ANNEDThey violate the constitution more then the republicans with there guns bans in violations of the 2th amendments and there illegal property seizures for the treehuggers that violate the 4th amendment.

Since habeas corpus was taken away during the the Bush administration, laws on the books, both Constitutional and statutory don't matter. It doesn't matter whether you offically have the right to bear arms or not.

The fourth amendment has to do with search and seizure, which was taken away during the Bush administration. There is no such thing as "administrative warrants." The only legitimate warrants come from judges regardless of what statutory laws and executive orders say.

As for the fifth admentment, the reich wing "arguments" are little more than lame excuses to push a radical agenda. Government has the power to regulate. Since 85% of founding father were federalists, anti-federalists such as Thomas Jefferson were a small minority. So much for the 10th amendment having any real teeth. If you want the states to have certain rights or powers you name them specifically, as was done for the "federal" government and individuals. Otherwise you get the crowding out effect that was planned from the get-go.

Originally posted by ANNEDThe list goes on but i will not list the many violations of the democrats.
They in many way are worse then the republicans.

...because they exist in the imagination of fascists and anti-federalists, often resting on bizarre interpretations of the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If Texas were to secede which would not happen without civil war, I give it about a week before it is taken over by mexican drug cartels. Chuck Norris can't save you.

It will only be one week before Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is elected President of Texas for life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join