It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if there is no "they" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love ATS and other alt news sites, and I love talking about conspiracies from many angles. There is no doubt that the "mainstream media" is all but worthless as an organ of truth, and that the orthodx "sane and rational" bread-and-butter view of reality is warped by many different powerful parties for their own reasons. There is a lot more truth to be found here than on, say, NBC or FOX, if you can dig through all the background noise.

And yet...

At the same time a part of me strongly resists the "conspiracy mentality" when we start talking about "the powers that be" or the illuminati or Anunkai or reptillians or whoever, as if some group is sitting behind the scenes pulling the strings on everything. In reality, life is much more complex. I just don't think powerful people and parties can get along with each other to the extent needed to manipulate society and the economy to the extent that many here seem to assume. Real organizations weilding real power are full of back-stabbing psychopaths who are all power-hungry and looking out for number one. They are all playing mind-games with each other and looking to climb over each other's bodies on the way to the CEO chair.

Its hard for me to imagine all these psychos in a single big corporation or government (let alone a huge multinational group like the Builderburgers, etc.) cooperating on any meaningful level. Certainly not to the extent and complexity that many ATSers assume. And when you start talking multi-century conspiracies like the illuminati, it gets even goofier. I doubt even most billionares think more than a decade ahead at a time. Its basically impossible for me to imagine 500 billionares cooperating on some multi-generational agenda and keeping it hidden from the rest of us and their flunkies for hundreds of years.

Maybe we invent the idea of these conspiracies because on some level its more comforting to think that somebody, anybody -- even a bad-intentioned somebody -- is behind the wheel. Perhaps a vision of raw anarchy at the highest level, of society as a driver-less vehicle careening out of control down a steep hill, is far more terrifying.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good post, I'd just like to add that 'they' are actually trillionaires who eat billionaires for lunch. There's probably only a handful of these families in the world, and the bloodlines have been around since the start of mankind.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I completely agree with you Doc! I personally believe that there ARE people pulling the strings, money is power and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that some of the wealthiest elite worldwide have been pulling strings for a LONG time in an effort to force their ideals on the rest of the world. I'm not so sure that I buy the illuminati/masons bit, though I could be wrong.
However, if we're talking Rockefellers/Bilderbergers and that sort of thing, I am much more inclined to lend it credence as this particular group still meets annually, and have met multiple times in certain years. I'm glad that this stuff is becoming known to more and more people, as this group strikes me as being pretty darn sinister.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here's a thought: you're wrong.

There has clearly always been a "they". There has always been an elitist structure in human societies, probably since the early days of agriculture. There has always been the few parasitising the many, it's the very concept behind monarchy, which was the most common form of government in human history.

And why? Well, the two last links in my signature cover that. The short version is there is a psychopathic percentile of the population that, out of lack of empathy, is willing to parasitise the majority, through lies and manipulation. There is a psychological cause to elitism and, consequentely, to conspiracy theory.

Society is not random. Sure, it's pretty complex, but there are levels, and you alluded to some of them, like the Bilderbergers, where things actually happen in coordination and with almost global reach. Most people see it now, that cat is out of the bag.

Besides, all anyone has to do is follow the money, which is the basic tool of elitism manipulation, and much becomes clear.

Here's another thought, what if a lot of the threads saying "they" don't exist are started by "them" to attempt to descredit those that blow the whistle on them? It's not improbable that a lot of people that insist a conspiracy is unreal are actually part of it. Vested interests liars do make.

Not saying this is the case of the OP, but it's as valid a speculation as any other...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Have you been playing metal gear solid.

Sounds like you have and if you have not, have a read of the storyline of all the games because your thread topic is one of the parts of the script.

As for illuminati, I wrote of my experience of this group over a year ago on this very site although I gave them the label illuminati and I do not know if I was correct but an organisation like this does exist that is not freemasonry

[edit on 9-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Star for you, OP. Even though I do like to believe in a lot of conspiracy theories, sometimes I believe it's mostly for fun. Your final comments are the best.

It's very easy to play the helpless victim when there isn't much hope in becoming the mighty and powerful.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I love ATS and other alt news sites, and I love talking about conspiracies from many angles. There is no doubt that the "mainstream media" is all but worthless as an organ of truth, and that the orthodx "sane and rational" bread-and-butter view of reality is warped by many different powerful parties for their own reasons. There is a lot more truth to be found here than on, say, NBC or FOX, if you can dig through all the background noise.

And yet...

At the same time a part of me strongly resists the "conspiracy mentality" when we start talking about "the powers that be" or the illuminati or Anunkai or reptillians or whoever, as if some group is sitting behind the scenes pulling the strings on everything.

Well... I recommend reading The Terra Papers. They're linked in my sig.

In reality, life is much more complex. I just don't think powerful people and parties can get along with each other to the extent needed to manipulate society and the economy to the extent that many here seem to assume.

I suspect that you're basing your judgment on the divided world around you. But the ones that are behind it all are not divided, and are playing us against ourselves.

Real organizations weilding real power are full of back-stabbing psychopaths who are all power-hungry and looking out for number one. They are all playing mind-games with each other and looking to climb over each other's bodies on the way to the CEO chair.

You are describing petty human organizations. Hidden well above are those who are playing a Game with us as pawns.

Its hard for me to imagine all these psychos in a single big corporation or government (let alone a huge multinational group like the Builderburgers, etc.) cooperating on any meaningful level.

They are well above THAT level. And they are a Family. (Or group of Families.) They are not HIRED. They are BRED.

Certainly not to the extent and complexity that many ATSers assume. And when you start talking multi-century conspiracies like the illuminati, it gets even goofier. I doubt even most billionares think more than a decade ahead at a time. Its basically impossible for me to imagine 500 billionares cooperating on some multi-generational agenda and keeping it hidden from the rest of us and their flunkies for hundreds of years.

I can assure you that "goofy" as it looks, those in back of the scenes where governments and corporations play, there has been a plan in place. It's not the Billionaires that are grouping to make the decisions. The Billionaires are pawns too. Those that are behind the Billionaires do have a generational plan. They are not huge numbers. And so it is not so tough to imagine.

On top of that, if you read The Terra Papers (a history of which I offer here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ), you will see that we have a much longer history than a mere 5,000 years or so.

And that there are Human Hearted and Lizard Hearted amongst us on this planet today. "Reptilian" is a crude term at best.

Maybe we invent the idea of these conspiracies because on some level its more comforting to think that somebody, anybody -- even a bad-intentioned somebody -- is behind the wheel. Perhaps a vision of raw anarchy at the highest level, of society as a driver-less vehicle careening out of control down a steep hill, is far more terrifying.

Or, we cling to such an idea because facing the reality is too terrifying. Personally, I think we have been trained to cling to the view of the world as they have framed it for us.

It takes guts to step outside that box and acknowledge the information that is out there.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Very good post.

I believe there have been far too many credible people that have come forth saying they've been "abducted" or "seen UFO's".

Mankind has been recording ufo's and aliens since caveman days.

African folklore, Indian Folklore, Aboriginal, etc many almost all thoughout our planet comes by word of mouth tales of "the serpent people".

Where there is smoke there is fire. Some of the old tales are just that, but and this is a very big but, start researching about how long these tales of "others not human" have been around.

Some of our famous paintings happen to have spaceships zooming across the sky in the back ground.

If you read the Bible, there are passages that remind me of a technological primitive person trying to describe something that is now explainable.

When William Bramley set out to write "The Gods of Eden" he originally was researching why mankind made war and the further he dug, the more he came up with we are not alone.

Myself, I have never been abducted, seen an alien (that I know of) or seen a flying saucer up close.

I have however met some "people" that I am very convinced that they were not "totally" human. Something was missing, something I can't put my finger on because it was so subtle.

The entire way our planet is run is pure madness. Something's not quite right.

I could defend my family if I had to, but me myself, I could never torture another creature, never hurt someone and find the experience pleasurable.

Personally I do believe that there is the possiblity that mankind's DNA has been messed with several times.

Those of "us" that are extremely cruel and enjoy hurting, torturing and killing other beings (not just humans but also animals) may have more of a particular DNA structure than others that are "less agressive". That DNA structure may not be "totally human".

I have a feeling we are not alone on this planet nor is our species currently calling the shots.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Dr Love, I couldn't agree more. After reading 'The True Story of The Bildergerg Group' by Daniel Estulin and books by Jim Marrs, I came to my own conclusion that these groups: Bilderbergs, Trilaterals, CFRs are shadowy but, not secret. Especially the Bilderbergs, there is too high of rate in membership and turnover as to the attendees. These guys are doing the bidding of the even more Elite. I've read recently that David Rockefeller is even a pawn.

I make no claims as to who these Elites are or their origin but, I for one, am convinced.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I suspect that you're basing your judgment on the divided world around you. But the ones that are behind it all are not divided, and are playing us against ourselves.

Yes I suspect you are correct.

The old saying, "United we stand - divided we fall" never rang so true.

Keep a people, a species divided, arguing, warring among themselves and you keep them busy, distracted and plus they kill each other off saving ? the work.

Manipulation for power, the ultimate game. Conquer and divide.

I don't think we are alone, I don't think we as a species have ever "been alone".

[edit on 9-3-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This video sums this thread up.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunderI just don't think powerful people and parties can get along with each other to the extent needed to manipulate society and the economy to the extent that many here seem to assume. Real organizations weilding real power are full of back-stabbing psychopaths who are all power-hungry and looking out for number one.
Thoughts?

You mean like the CIA, NSA or all the other 3letter organizations. Secret black op organizations that have pulled economic and political strings for a very long time.

Backstabbing psychopaths? How about dedicated, intelligent people with an ideology, and dogma that has nothing to do with you or me.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That guy knows what's up.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
In reality, life is much more complex.

I disagree, life is actually very simple, we've just complicated it with our history, society, religion and supposedly advanced science.

Your post raises an interesting point, what if there is no "they"? I've often theorized that it isn't one force controlling us or pulling the strings, but dozens of Elite factions all manipulating it for their own gain. They work together only when they must, but as soon as the prize of ultimate power comes into view they'll eat each other alive IMO.

If there really is NO they, than I think humanity will be able to find peace, because without those at the top dividing us and telling us what to fight over there would be no war, there might still be small conflicts, but without some corrupt authority figure no needless war would ever arise... At least, that's my theory...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I don't think we are alone, I don't think we as a species have ever "been alone".

I know we are not. The Terra Papers made so much comprehensible to me that before I could not make sense of.

Thanks for your response. [smile]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My experience, working in state govt, is that there IS a THEY.

Yes, sometimes I thought, "If everything runs like this, it's a wonder anything gets done!" because most of the time 5/6 of the folks in upper management didn't have a clue what was going on and didn't even care.

But there were ALWAYS movers and shakers. People with an agenda that involved getting what they wanted, through the system, or around it.

I had a boss one time-horrid boss, who told me she didn't want me getting involved in politics, she didn't believe in it. That's the ONLY way I could get what I needed for my people to do their freaking jobs though, and luckily before long I worked my way right out of her authority over me.

There's always a THEY. Granted, sometimes, SOMETIMES, THEY is US. But usually it is the person that thinks they are in a controlling class, and acts like it - who most sees LIFE, the workings of the world, business, politics, all that - as some sort of chess game in order to get what they want. And they don't give a crap about pawns.

new topics

top topics

join