It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Disclosure Project!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I was reading the post re: The Disclosure Project Set Up By Stephen Greer, and I thought hey this is a site dedicated to sharing, finding, and distributing information like this in order to fight back against the man right? We jump on our government (via forum thread) every time we have a chance. There are give or take 163008 people here on ATS (Give or Take a few). Sure we have our differences but I am sure we have a similar goal in mind! We want disclosure. I'm sure with the information we have as a whole lead by the daring Skyfloating we can at least make an effort to do what we rant on about every day on these boards. We are those that do not take bull... The ATS Community will become a force to be reckoned with! We can take action!!! Its either this or we keep asking each other the same questions over and over and continue to bicker amongst ourselves! I think the latter is a lesser cause... Who knows me might just accomplish something if we put our heads together (so to speak).

Cheers!!

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Half the people on this site are skeptics, they wil shoot down the project before it got started

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And the other half are disinformation agents

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 9-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Don't forget about the paranoid half

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 9-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Cmon people there cant be three halves.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I like your disclosure plan. I wonder if there is a list of people we can get a hold of to let them know that we want disclosure. The more effort people put into it the more effects will happen.

Reply to : branty

Half the people on this site are skeptics, they wil shoot down the project before it got started

You are so right in so many ways. Is this a conspiracy website or a debunking website. ?

[edit on 9-3-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The problem with your plan is that 90% (if not more) of the people wouldn't really be seen as being credible.

You can't just shove any random person's opinion in the public's face.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

It depends, have you ever thought that the UFOs may be a conspiracy to keep people thinking about them?

The idea of a "ATS Disclosure Project" does not look that good to me because it could be a way of "hurting" ATS, specially after the failed (?) Stephen Greer's project.

And I also think that we can only have a ATS whatever if the owners want it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
You are so right in so many ways. Is this a conspiracy website or a debunking website. ?

Neither. It is a discussion board.

Without skeptics UFOlogy would be dead. Face it.

Would you prefer that every crackpot theory and CGI video that comes out be automatically taken as 'proof' of ETs?

If so, then good luck getting public opinion on your side. They will see the entire UFO community as bigger nutjobs than they do now.

Skeptics keep you all on the straight and narrow. They weed out the bad hoaxes that many believers are too desperately wanting to be real.

What is left is the solid evidence that can't be debunked. If anything, it is these major incidents that no amount of skepticism can solve that you should be using to force disclosure.

Not just random people on the internet telling their (half the time false) story.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Or maybe it could be a site with discerning thinkers who don't jump on a bandwagon without proper research. Yes this is a conspiracy site, but unlike most others, it contains some people who care about reality and not fantasy.

Not to jump on you here. But without weighing a conspiracy's faults in logic you're just as crazy as non-theorists think you are.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Cmon people there cant be three halves.

Haha, I really laughed outloud on that one. Anyway, I doubt we can do any better than Greer so I say nay.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I think the reason we could do better.

A. There are people on this site that know a ton on this subject (and many others that I'm sure they would like disclosed).

B. An ATS disclosure project might not do anything, but I'm sure there are certain documents that should be released to the public and I believe most ATS members both share in that belief and support it.

C. ATS members accept that maybe Alien life never visited this planet. There's a lot of evidence leading to both ways. A disclosure project would get some facts out into the open while at the same time giving most ATS members some kind of closure.

D. We are a community that debates the fact from fiction. It is what we do every time we come on to this site. I'm sure we have members from all sorts of different professions (from every walk of life probably) that are considered credible people especially in the ranks of social standards.

E. A Disclosure program from ATS wouldn't center strictly on UFO disclosures even though it would include them. It would be a vocal minority standing up for what is right to get certain things released that we pay for that we should know about. I think you all agree.

F. Last but not least Vocal minorities get things done! They speak up and in this day and age not many do anymore (which is why they are the vocal minority). There is interest on every given subject that everyone deserves to know about (factually through proof). Sure people talk disclosure about UFOs but that would go so much deeper. If they volunteered info on secret weapons projects, and where science (especially weapons) is really going that kind of thing, it would mean worlds to more than just ATS.

If you don't think you can make a difference anymore then fine don't, you will be just like everyone else. All I'm doing is telling you to fight for what you rant about because I know there are things you know everyone deserves to know. Why let others do what we want to when we can do it ourselves. Will we be laughed at, because when you put it that way its not just about the crazies and UFO's its about the secrecy of those we empower and where the resources we give end up. That my friends is what ATS is all about.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

You wanna see derailment , go to the nasa 114 thread , Nasa's top debunker has been there for a month, You start off talking about the elephant in the room, and he talks about the colour of the carpet

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This site is a platform for speaking our minds and being heard, believe me and that is why you find thousands of members working to keep the site as the owners vision have made it possible to enjoy.

I think you have a valid idea, but I believe many agencies and individuals with immense position read the forum and join in already, if you make valid points and keep it real they come to you.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

That isn't a skeptic then, it is a pseudoskeptic. There is a difference.

Skeptics are your friend.

Pseudoskeptics aim to divide and conquer. They shift the burden of proof and offer blanket explanations that don't even come close to fitting the situation.

It is them you should be chasing.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The skeptics are what makes ATS perfect for this. A focus on valid data and evidence admissible in court (so to speak). ATS members (most of them) are dedicated to the truth and not fantasy.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by branty

If you want an echo-chamber, I would recommend ATS is not the place for you.

And remember Savior's Law. Skeptics are not the enemy; evidence will rise or fall on its merits regardless of any skeptic.

It is a discussion board that happens to focus on alternative topics. I would hope that our pursuit here is the truth not a particular viewpoint or bias.

And besides, something cannot be debunked if it isn't full of bunk to begin with.

Originally posted by DesmoSedici
And the other half are disinformation agents

And some in the other half are absolute and total...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah get em savior!! Show em whats up

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by branty

If you want an echo-chamber, I would recommend ATS is not the place for you.

Echo chamber
I was the FIRST to post , Branty's Law

I Will Make My Own Decisions, not wait for the popular belief

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You where the first to post from inside your Eco-Chamber

top topics

<<   2 >>

join