It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Closed: Can't have a discussion about discussing drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just a question really. I was curious why is it that every time a story about marijuana legalization, this time it was hemp legalization, or any other story about the war on drugs, is on the front page I get a 404 error.

It's consistent, the last 5 or so time's I have seen any drug related story on the front page, I'm met with a 404 error, and then the entry soon disappears from the front page altogether.

Do you have a standing policy here at ATS that you're
1.) for big pharmaceutical companies to outlaw natures gifts
2.) for big government locking up people that like to put something in their bodies that you don't necessarily like

The majority of our prison population in the US is non violent drug offenders.

Why are these threads being deleted?

Thanks for doing exactly what I knew you would do. Locking this post, that does not advocate personal use or violate your guidelines in anyway.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As far as i know drugs talk has been stopped again because of stupid members who borke very simple and easy to follow rules

ruined it for everyone

please wait for a mod to give you more info than i have

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, you're both wrong, there is now a Narcotic Conspiracy forum right here. It is for talking about conspiracies in drug related topic, NOT for personal useage.

edit to add, well that's shut me up. I get a 404 message when i go to look at that forum

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Actually no....

Recently many members and staff members have had a BIG discussion about the discussion of illegal drugs.

After a long and passionate debate, the mods and owners of this site finally settled for a compromise.

We CAN talk about illegal drugs in the context of current affairs, globalisation and the myriad of conspiracies.

I believe we are going to have a new board open to us soon, to talk about these evry things.

So before this thread devolves into another mod-bashing affair, please read what i've just said.

The owner has been MORE than fair, and is still allowing freedom of speech as long as you don't degenerate into cheech 'n chong type dialogue.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The new special forum for all that stuff was closed as shortly after it opened people advocated personal use.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I haven't been able to even read any of these threads that I mentioned, let alone respond to them.

Maybe you should take actions against individuals, send a message that whatever they are doing will not be tolerated, rather than removing a discussion in its entirety.

I wasn't bashing anyone, just had a question. Right now it seems like the greater goal is to just remove outright any thread pertaining to the topic.

edit: How do you expect people to be for drugs, but not advocate personal use. They go hand in hand. That seems silly to me.

There isn't a gray area, you're either for the fascists allowing you to tell you what can and can't enter your body, or you're not.

To tell someone, you can discuss drugs, but not the use of drugs, seems a bit restrictive and counter-productive.

edit:This is amazing, thread close. Apparently we can't even have a discussion about discussing drugs.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Please see SkepticOverlord's post here regarding the new narcotics forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Dr Love]

new topics

top topics

join