It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Health care?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was having a discussion with my daughter. She is 17 and actively campained for Obama. I am a republican so it wasn't the direction I wanted her to go, but at least she knows why she claims to be a democrat. We were discussing the health care plan. It seems as if nobody has a good answer to this problem. We came up with an idea. If healthcare was done at the state level with no involvement from the federal government, there could be 50 different health care prorams. Workinig models that are tested daily. What better way to determine a way to make everyone happy. Find out which one works best or take ideas from each succsesful plan and build a national plan. It might take 5 years to build on the national level, but when it would be final, it would work well because it would have already been tested in a real world environment. I am putting this thread out to see if anyone else thinks this is a viable option, and if so, to get ideas on how to get someone in power to listen to it.

PS, I also think that a bill should stand on its own. No riders and no pork. If your bill sucks, it goes the way of the Dodo. But that is another thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
good plan!

I am not hitch hiking....

new topics

join