It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird SOHO picture of SUN today 3/9/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All I was wondering if there was a flareup of the Sun today or if this is a picture anomoly. I usually check the SOHO pictures every week and have never seen this before.

Link

It is at the frame taken at 15:06

Thoughts?

-Kdial1

[edit on 9-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
soho always takes weird pictures that's its job- to try and understand something we don't understand, it'll get crazy unexpected results for ages yet...

the one that looks like an explosion is just an optical effect or a change in photographic conditions, none of them look very shocking to me

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Although it does seem very strange, had it been anything other than a picture anomoly, it would have shown up on the other pictures following that one.

Nothing just happens and dissapears in the course of an hour when it comes to sun. I don' think so anyway.

Great find tho..

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
that would be a vast ammount of space to traverse in such a short space of time (from the one timed at 14:54 before it) And then dissapear in just 1 hour. Considering that the white circle is the sun. And the sun's pretty big itself.

camera hiccup IMO.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi, kdial1.

If that 15:06 fame is not a **system error**,

I would be SCARED, with a sun doing THAT "burst" !! B-)

But the "frame" is quite broken, on the right side.
And that missing pie-shaped sector on the S-W direction we know
it's not normal ! Right ?

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

That pie shaped piece in the SW corner is normal. I see that many times and you can see it in the other camera LASCO C3. I would assume it is a glitch from switching from the LASCO C2 to the LASCO C3. I just have never seen such a big flareup and I have been chacking SOHO images for about a year.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am looking at this link and there isnt a frame 15:06 It goes from 13.31 to 19:31 Has it been changed?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I am looking at this link and there isnt a frame 15:06 It goes from 13.31 to 19:31 Has it been changed?

You got it right, looks like that frame has been removed.

Maybe it wasn't supposed to be posted for all to see?

new topics

top topics

join