It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Dissapointed With ATS Members--Narcotics Board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well I am sure I will not be the only person to express my sadness and outrage over some our fellow ATS member's behaviour in regards to this new board we were given.

Were the rules that hard to follow? Were they not clear enough? I am at a loss for words to describe my dissapointment.

I will fully accept and support the staff's decision in regards to whether or not they think this board is still viable and important to the evolution of our website.

A flurry of members as well as the DISC comittee worked very hard to get something that we've been waiting a long time to have. Now I have not been a member for that long, but I do know that it has been a long standing request my many members.

I can only hope that the staff take the appropriate actions and deal with the members who have apparently have no regard for the hard work of the members who have fought long and hard for something that was absolutely necessary and well warranted on this website.

I'm truly dissapointed....

Furthermore I would invite those members to apologize to this community and if the mods and staff could give us their thoughts on the matter it would be greatly appreciated.

~Keeper

[edit on 3/9/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't know what happened and didn't even know the forum was up and running?

I thought the point was, that mods/owners were gonna ban members and not the forum?
Anyway....we all knew this would happen...it never had a chance with the way the rules were, and with some extremely bitter members

[edit on 9/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It isn't surprising.

If the staff decides to dismantle the forum at this time and forbid discussion of this topic, that works for me. Everyone was told that the rules would be strict and there was a chance that the forum could be taken down if people pushed the envelope.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I haven't visited the new forum but I can only guess that the members who continue to blatantly disregard the rules that are in place to allow such a forum could possibly be here for the sole purpose of ruining or getting rid of the forum itself.

I should look at some of the threads to see what is going on, I assume personal use stories which everyone with a brain has at this point come to understand that it is not going to happen at ATS, hence my belief that they must be doing it on purpose.

Seems to me it should be dealt with on an individual basis.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I agree, I had just posted an awesome thread about a topic which I will not discuss here as the rules prevent me from doing so. But it was turning into a very contructive conversation which could have paved the way for many other great threads that need to be discussed.

I was actually working on two other ones and now I am unable to do so because of a few members blatant disregard for our hard work.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've been out of town and away from ATS for a little over a week and returned last night to see the new forum. Then it was gone this morning. I assumed it was due to personal story abuse then the BBQ forum thread and SO's reply confirmed that.

Anyways, on the friendliest of friendliest side notes, they may not want this discussed in a new thread being that they just closed the last thread on this subject minutes ago. It's a drama fest waiting to happen and the matter is under staff review (so not finalized although it doesn't look good from an intuitive standpoint). My two humblest of cents.

Edit to add:

I should look at some of the threads to see what is going on

I tried to do the same earlier but the entire forum is defunct.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

well for me, i don't talk about drug use, it's illegal and i do not do drugs, so why would i talk about it in a public forum on the internet. the people that do are opening themselves up for possible trouble down the road. remember whatever you put out on the internet, stays there forever.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So, it's not a malfunction?

Every time I've tried to click on the topic or form it brings up the 404 page.

I figured it wouldn't last long with some of the idiots on this forum.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
See SO's post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join