It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have so many people bought into the two party system?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Democrats and Republicans are both messing with us.

It's just a game to them. I think it's silly. These politicians need to get serious and start doing good things for the country. They need to put aside their power game for now and start working for a better tomorrow.

I don't see why so many people say they're against the government when they're registered for one party or the other. They say they're agaisnt the government and yet they support a political party within the government.

How can so many of them be fooled?

I just recently recognized the need for a 3rd party. I don't like the two party system. I became an independent and I'm never going to look back. I thought I would become a life long Dem but now I realize that I'm not a Dem. People have seem to buy into the Dems lies and the Republicans lies.

I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Agreed.

The two party system is nothing more than a facade.

Especially considering that both parties both work for the Federal Reserve. Obama and Bush are the same because the people they work for are the International Bankers.

The very same people that some of our past Presidents fought so hard against, like Andrew Jackson.

I too, am pretty tired of this two party system.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Historically societies always have both liberal and conservative viewpoints. And currently our Republican and Democratic parties have capitalized on these ideologies. This has not always been the case, throughout time there have been many different parties in congress.

The United States congress is setup as a Majority and Minority party system, there is no changing that. Although we do have a house and senate separation, which is known as (bicameralism), which allows for more abstraction.

Regardless, there are a few third party congressman and senators (independants, libertarian, etc...). However, they are lumped into the minority party. Of which the current minority party is the Republican party.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I like your thinking. That is why I registered my self as an Independent. I believe that there should be a no party system.

Even though it may never happen. People like the idea of the two or more party systems because they think it works and they think it is a good idea to have different points of views and like to argue against each other which is pointless as you know because it generally leads no where and once things get voted they still clash at each other even after a vote has been made.

It is a disaster and it is crumpling the United States as we know it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The only difference with Dems and the GOP is that republicans tell you when they are comitting atrocities, the Democrats do it silently with things like higher taxes, mass spending and trade wars.

You're right when you say that two parties is a joke, it basically provides two bowls of crap and your job is to pick which colour it's going to be.

Now in Canada where I live, we have a multiple party system, and really it doesn't work any better.

I think it's time for our countries to be run by an independant who came make their own decisions based on the needs of the country and not the needs of their wallet.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Basically, in order to elect a 'third' party. You'd have to completely replace the current minority party with said third party. Which would still result in a two-party system.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've been talking about this for some time now because here it's the same thing.Nothing will change though and i'm not being negative or anything,i believe i'm just being realistic.
People are too stupid to think as simple as "Gee,i tried two things that don't work for me and my country,maybe i should go for something else.". No.They see that voting the one or the other party doesn't work,so what do they do?They vote for em again.

Human = intelligence?Nah,i don't think so.

The whole point in this though is that if people would vote for a different party each time not only they'd actually have a chance of finding something better but also the corrupted politicians would think twice to pull tricks like they do nowdays.Why?Because they'd know that they'd lose their chairs!

But the politicians don't have anything to fear about right now,they know that the people around the world are so stupid that they'll vote for em again no matter what...!

The funny part is that people complain that things don't change and their vote doesn't mean anything...Offcourse it doesn't!They're throwing it away ffs!

One more thing.Always remember that if you're gonna accuse politicians about anything,you should accuse also the people.Some of them vote for those politicians and some others let them lie,steal,deceit (sp?).
That's why things are the way they are in our days.People believe they're innocent,victims and what not.What's the outcome of that way of thinking?Pointing their fingers and doing nothing because "It's not my fault...!!1".

I can assure you though that if i'd be in a politician's position i'd do the exact same things.Why?Because citizens act like they're asking for it...!

And there are some people who actually believe that the human race will be "enlightened" or whatever in the future...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is a good thread because I think that a big part of the problem here is that third parties don't do a great job of speaking up or organizing. People don't take them seriously although I think more people do now than say 10 or 20 years ago. I try to ignore parties, and just research everyone on the ballot a little bit. This always results in me voting third party for presidential elections. In november I had voted for like 6 dems, an independant, a green, and 2 republicans.

I don't know why everyone just doesn't do it that way. But it's like i always say.....if everyone was just like me.... utopian society.

Barack Obama is in an interesting position in that he really has a chance to take out the republican party, which is in shambles. When your party leaders are rush limbaugh and anne coulter you know you're in trouble. I can't imagine conservatives especially moderate ones, buying into this celebrity politics crap. All Barack has to do is a good job, if he has the country going in a noticeably better direction in 4 years then, I think the republicans as we know them will be gone within 12.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Although in the state of Missouri, supporting a 3rd party can be considered grounds for domestic terrorism profiling:

www.kansascity.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would love a third party, but who's gonna PAY for it?

Whoever does pay for it may as well call it their party. AIG party anyone?

top topics

join