It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says Chinese vessels harassed U.S. ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Pentagon says Chinese vessels harassed U.S. ship

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Pentagon said Monday that Chinese ships harassed a U.S. surveillance ship Sunday in the South China Sea in the latest of several instances of "increasingly aggressive conduct" in the past week.

During the incident, five Chinese vessels "shadowed and aggressively maneuvered in dangerously close proximity to USNS Impeccable, in an apparent coordinated effort to harass the U.S. ocean surveillance ship while it was conducting routine operations in international waters," the Pentagon said in a written statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What gives?
I always assumed the U.S and China were at least financial "friends",but this seems wierd to me.

Why would China try to provoke/harass an American ship?

With so many people talking about WW3 coming out of some Israel/Iran conflict,this is something to at least keep tabs on.
If this became worse,and we went to war with China,that would be WW3.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

i'm pretty sure this is already on

here

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The Impeccable uses a SURTASS array to sniff out enemy submarines and provide target recognition data for future use, mostly by our attack subs.

While it was sailing in international waters, it's going to catch a lot of subs as they transit to deeper waters, and the Chinese doubtless don't much care for that.

It's all fairly routine unless someone gets killed.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hillary goes to china, sets thing straight, then this. Bush goes to Russia, sets things straight, then bombers buzz the carriers. Meanwhile Cheney is known to have suggested using marines to attack US ships... Some clues for the wise there.

Just another day in false flag Inc. Or how to get entire cultures to war each other in 21 days. Deluxe edition, with extra fallout.

It's just more fearmongering, more symptoms of the entropic society, where the people who supposedly control our society in reality seem hellbent on destroying it.

The less people pay atention to these events the less impact they will have. Nobody in their right mind would go to war with china, I mean, c'mon, where would you buy your foot soakers from afterwards?

International politics, sillier by the decade.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This thread already exists here at ATS and can be found at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread

Thanks

top topics

join