It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny how...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This thought just came to me as I have been whatching allot of cnn in the last days and I thougt it might be worth hearing some opinions. Lets go back a few days, all over the news we hear about soldiers and civilians getting killed in Iraq in a war that has gone out of controll. A few days later *booom*
Adbel Aziz Rantisi get killed by Israel in a misile attack or a car bomb. Suddenly all you hear on the news is about how Palestine will retaliate...
My point is this all could be one big distraction for what is happening in Iraq right now. I can very well see mr. bush asking his friend sharon (speling?) to help him out on this one. And ho would say no to theyr #1 supporter?

Any thougts?

Sorry for the bad spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Come on, nobody has anything to say about what I posted?
Im open to all opinions.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well yes there is a certain way how news stations choose their top story, as bad as the war in iraq is, israel and palestine have been at odds with each other for thousands of years. It is said, that if WWIII were to surface, it would be with the start of these two countries. I wouldn't necessarily say that the issues in palestine and israel is more important than that in iraq.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You could be, or let I say, I think, that you are close(r) to the thruth...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
CNN and the other rolling news channels set their own agendas regarding global news. The implications of the recent Israeli aggression have rightly supplanted the Iraq non-story doom-mongering which has been filling up countless hours of broadcasting on both sides of the Atlantic. However, I strongly doubt that the assassination of the Hamas leader has been "engineered" by Bush to divert attention from Iraq - after all, it's not as if Israel doesn't have a prior record of attacks like these.

If you want to take the *really* cynical view, then consider the fact that Palestinian retaliation is inevitable. And we all know how much the news channels love to spend hours predicting the unavoidable so they can celebrate their successes after the event.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
If you want to take the *really* cynical view, then consider the fact that Palestinian retaliation is inevitable. And we all know how much the news channels love to spend hours predicting the unavoidable so they can celebrate their successes after the event.

I could not have put that better in words.
As fore the rest, this is pure speculation and I never said it happend that way.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

new topics

top topics

join